VETERAN Roll Call - Page 2

VETERAN Roll Call

This is a discussion on VETERAN Roll Call within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Huski92 and I were in the Nav at the same time in some of the same places! Deck? 2 yr "Apprenticeship Program"? Haze Gray and ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree471Likes

Thread: VETERAN Roll Call

VIP Member
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Huski92 and I were in the Nav at the same time in some of the same places!
    Deck? 2 yr "Apprenticeship Program"? Haze Gray and Underway?

USN 92-96 (E5 QM)

Part of me wishes I'd have made it a career. I'd be retired for a couple of years now...
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

US Army 06/1996 to 12/2003. Technically served in the 2nd Gulf War, but never deployed to the sandbox (came damn close a couple of times).
    Did some intel and liaison work with South Korea for most of it.
    JackRock
    https://www.ryancash.co
    My EDC: PPQ M2 9mm in a Long's Shadow Antero IWB Holster, A custom mag/Leatherman/Flashlight carrier, and a folding knife. Also, my cell phone, and some fully-functional gray matter between my ears.

VETERAN Roll Call-welcomehome1.jpgName:  skull2.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  47.3 KB

!970-1971 Mobile Artillery and then Mechanized Calvary (Tanks)

Chu Chi & Phu Loi

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Lead Moderator
    US Navy 76-81. Got to visit 17 different countries. Some were nice...others I would have turned into glass.

It wasn't just a job...it was an adventure!
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    https://www.facebook.com/baileysigna...?ref=bookmarks

VIP Member
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrock View Post
    US Army 06/1996 to 12/2003. Technically served in the 2nd Gulf War, but never deployed to the sandbox (came damn close a couple of times).
    Did some intel and liaison work with South Korea for most of it.
    I technically served in the first one, and received lots of the medals from it for no other reason than being deployed overseas past a certain parallel during a certain time period. In other words, for no good reason whatsoever. At least I did actually deploy to the Middle East eventually, but I certainly never had any hand in liberating anything as the fruit salad may fool you into thinking. After watching about a dozen commendations for things I did go to my superiors I finally got one myself...for something someone else did. That was pretty much the end of any delusions of an apolitical meritocracy. At least beyond the whole pattern of service thing... I made E5 on my way out and served my last few months pushing SAR Puppies at NAVSTANORVA. They thought they were punishing me for getting out.

It was GREAT! Don't throw me in the briar patch! Morning muster was in PT gear for an hour of drinking coffee with the shore duty Chiefs, who didn't give a damn about nuthin'. At 7:45 I mustered the SAR Recruits on the grinder and PTed them for an hour, then a 5 mi fun run, then an hour of informal training; pool work once in a while. No duty rotation and no other responsibility. I was off base by noon three days a week and by 14:00 the other two, and every weekend off. I was actually nice to the recruits, and tried to get them ready and prepared to get through it...unlike some of the other guys who thought it was their job to start yelling at and torturing them before they even went to school.

I loved the Navy. I didn't stay in, because I thought life was passing me by. It wasn't, but I didn't know any better. Not the least of my regrets, but surely not the greatest either.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

USAF 73-96 - mostly a Cold War Warrior. Spend some years flying in a plane you never heard of till the past decade or so - it's good to be out of the closet. RC-135 in various forms, and I worked with U-2 systems. Don't ask me what I did, I'd probably still have to kill you. Sandbox time was post Gulf War 1, but still in time to officially have Desert Storm credit on my record.

Here's to all my brothers and sisters in arms, whenever, wherever!
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    Burned out with too many deployments to Shemya AFB.
    Definitely the end of the world.
    LimaCharlie, gatorbait51 and CG11 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Howdy!

U S Army veteran, last of the draft 1972-1974. Retired Houston Police Officer 37 years.

“Happy Trails”
    Chiefneon

Served in the Marine Corp for one enlistment starting in '78. They made me a bean counter, so I spent my time helping make sure the Marines at the sharp end had what they needed.

Respect and thanks to those that didn't have it as easy as I did.
    Everyone you meet knows something you don't.
    -H. Jackson Brown

U.S.A.F. S.A.C 1950--1954, Nukes was my business. Thank you to all the good people that served.

Distinguished Member Array Old Sarge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Definitely the end of the world.
    Only someone who has been there, knows about "The Rock". Thanks OldVet

Navy 1966-1969. Nam in country on River Boats in I Corp, was there for TET-1968. That's me on the 50's in 1968.

NRA PATRON LIFE
    AzCDL Life Member
    BROWN WATER NAVY

US NAVY 68-74. Did one 56 day patrol onboard the SSBN 656 George Washington Carver. Then sent stateside to patrol Washington, D.C. with the Armed Forces Police Detachment working out of the Navy Yard.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Somewhere in the 48 contiguous states of the USA.
    USAF during the Carter years, so nothing exciting happened.

USMC 1974-77

Communications

Radio, crypto, field wire and teletype
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links