Put me in the unlikely column.
This is a discussion on One Third of Americans See Second Civil War in Next 5 Years within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've said for over a year now that I believe that we are already in a civil war, the shooting just hasn't started yet. "A ...
I've said for over a year now that I believe that we are already in a civil war, the shooting just hasn't started yet.
"A Rasmussen Reports poll finds 31 percent of likely voters say itís likely the United States will experience a second civil war sometime in the next five years, including 11 percent who say itís very likely."
You can read the article here.
You are your own first responder.
Put me in the unlikely column.
"Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill
Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.
I think a full-blown civil war is unlikely.
But I expect more and more smaller scale civil violence.
Add me to the "unlikely" column due to the lack of a geographic separation between what would be the warring factions. Some people would be at war in their own household.
We already have a political war in progress not all that different than that which preceded The War for Southern Independance. And thereís a fair amont of small scale civil disobedience occurring.
Nonetheless it is not likely a shooting war will take place unless a terrorist group like antifa pulls out the stops and begins one.
ďI come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [mess] with me, Iíll kill you all."
ó James ďMad DogĒ Mattis
I wonder where the next Ft. Sumter is.
What I foresee is some other group unleashing hell on Antifa or the like and it exploding in other cities. People will get fed up with all of it eventually, and it takes one spark to ignite a fire.
Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
Lighten up and enjoy life because:
Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth
While Rasmussen Report is a credible public opinion survey company I have trouble with this report. They surveyed 1,000 people by automated telephone calls. The actual automated questions were not reported. I can see people answered here the question based upon their own conception of civil war. It could be a shooting wars, it could be a war of beliefs and ideology, or it could be a political revolution against both parties (which I see as likely in time.). The other thing that is missing from the pol day is the demographic and geographic selection of participants.
As I see it we are already in a pseudo civil war of ideas and ideology. We have had that in the Nation before, and only the economic issue of slavery resulted in a shooting war. At the end of the day what 31% of people think is dwarfed by the thoughts of the other 69%.
I'm in the unlikely column too. For one good reason, the morons on the other side are anti-gun. If there were a real shooting Civil War it would be the shortest in history. Now subterfuge, lies, deceit, manipulation, and protests those are going on now.
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
- Thomas Jefferson 1787
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization
I wonder what a civil war would look like? Would it be left vs right ideological; north vs south geographical; illegals illegally given citizens rights vs actual citizens, on a national basis or simply several within certain cities across the US, etc?
The civil rights movement of the 60's brought small civil wars across the US to some cities. This country has seen small isolated civil wars for decades. Many major inner cities are already in civil wars.
Civil war as happened in the 1860's? Very unlikely. and even more unlikely to produce the numbers of deaths in total that just one battle caused in the great civil war between the north and south.
still have the SHTF ammo from the 80's. Haven't seen a zombie on the property yet.
The what ifs, always the what ifs. Social violence as in riots always possible. Warfare takes many forms/formats be it political/cultural. I see it as possible.