Man Comes at Officer with a Knife (Body Cam Footage) - Page 2

Man Comes at Officer with a Knife (Body Cam Footage)

This is a discussion on Man Comes at Officer with a Knife (Body Cam Footage) within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've seen how fast the distance can be closed when an individual pounces on a victim. She gave the thug a chance to comply but ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Man Comes at Officer with a Knife (Body Cam Footage)

I've seen how fast the distance can be closed when an individual pounces on a victim. She gave the thug a chance to comply but he didn't.
    OD* likes this.

I think the guy was convinced that the female officer would not fire on him.
    PhaedrusIV likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Why did the female officer wait to fire? She should have nailed him.
    Yup, tell him once to drop the knife. If he doesn't comply, lead injections until you gain compliance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baren View Post
    I think the guy was convinced that the female officer would not fire on him.
    I suspect he may have been quite right.
    OD*, ugh762x39 and BigJon10125 like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    I suspect he may have been quite right.
    She'd have fired on him, she just had more hesitation to do so than the other officer who lit him up. He was obviously the more experienced leo.

Instead of telling him "I don't want to do this" she should have told him "don't make me shoot you". When he took another step toward her, light him up. He was far too close with the blade, the other leo recognized that and intervened before he could get to her.

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Why did the female officer wait to fire? She should have nailed him.
    I think you answered your own question.

Hmmm, I wonder what caliber weapon was used? Am willing to bet we all know that answer, too.
    OD* likes this.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    Should and could are not the same. She kept her distance. He didn't seem to know how to handle a knife. She kept giving him a chance. She didn't have a solid background, possible people beyond the suspect inside the store. Did you notice the propane tanks to the officer's right, the guy's left? Personally, Maddix fired too soon, too close to the propane tanks.
    When he started toward the propane tanks I thought it might get interesting. I half expected him to get them behind him and then advance on the officer.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Mythbusters tested if a propane tank will explode if shot.

A person can shoot a propane tank and make it explode.
    BUSTED

First, the Build Team decided to test whether it was possible to breach a propane tank with Bondís 9mm handgun. They found that 9mm rounds were not powerful enough to breach the tank, but shotgun shells and .30 caliber rifle rounds were more than enough to pierce the tank. They then fired armor piercing rifle rounds at a tank filled with propane, but could not get the tank to explode. Not even tracer rounds were successful. Finally, the Build Team resorted to extreme measures. They found that the only sure way to make a propane tank explode was to use high explosive or a high powered Gatling gun firing incendiary rounds. The Build Team concluded that Bond (and most people) would not normally have access to such weaponry, busting the myth.

https://mythresults.com/episode95
    OD* and BigJon10125 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinRohrer View Post
    I think you answered your own question.

Hmmm, I wonder what caliber weapon was used? Am willing to bet we all know that answer, too.
    I don't know the answer to that, but I know it could have been a 9 or 40 or 45, as there's numerous examples of each requiring multiple rounds to stop a threat. And even examples of all of those not affecting stops after more than 10 rounds into a perp.

What round do you think they were using on the turd?
    ugh762x39 and OD* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post

BUSTED

First, the Build Team decided to test whether it was possible to breach a propane tank with Bondís 9mm handgun. They found that 9mm rounds were not powerful enough to breach the tank, but shotgun shells and .30 caliber rifle rounds were more than enough to pierce the tank. They then fired armor piercing rifle rounds at a tank filled with propane, but could not get the tank to explode. Not even tracer rounds were successful. Finally, the Build Team resorted to extreme measures. They found that the only sure way to make a propane tank explode was to use high explosive or a high powered Gatling gun firing incendiary rounds. The Build Team concluded that Bond (and most people) would not normally have access to such weaponry, busting the myth.

Donít ya know...Perception always overrides Facts.
    OD* likes this.
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post

BUSTED

The tanks are under pressure. Any tank under pressure will explode. A 9mm may not pierce the tank, but it can break the valve, and that can be deadly.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    ugh762x39 likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

I shot a full scuba tank once, actually twice. Had one that failed its inspection, so we filled it (Duh), took it out to a farm and shot it with my -06 with Mil rounds. First shot was slightly off center and knocked it over. The second round was centered in its base. We heard it hit and the sound of high-pressure air escaping.

The first round had hit and glanced off, leaving a deep gouge in the tank. The second had made a deep crater and cracked the base, which is the thickest part of the tank. Kind of disappointed it didn't explode.
    OD* likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    The tanks are under pressure. Any tank under pressure will explode. A 9mm may not pierce the tank, but it can break the valve, and that can be deadly.
    The ones on Mythbusters were under pressure. How else would they test if the propane exploded?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links