Beware H & K. Forgive me. I had to,post this in jest.

This is a discussion on Beware H & K. Forgive me. I had to,post this in jest. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; H&K has just referrred to Marines as “Crayon Eaters” insinuating that they are children who like to break things and who cannot understand words with ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Beware H & K. Forgive me. I had to,post this in jest.

Ex Member

H&K has just referrred to Marines as “Crayon Eaters” insinuating that they are children who like to break things and who cannot understand words with more than six letters.

OK H&K. If you were lucky you would only be toast, but when you take on Marines you take on Marines you get to be bread crumbs.

Marines love your M27 rifle and will try to break it, but you know that, as the article states. But be careful because we follow the advice of General Mattis: “Be polite, be professional, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet”. Marines might even shoot crayons at you, if we do not break them all.

So this stems from a tongue-in-cheek article at Military (dot) com. In reality the Corps loves the M27 and has newly designed its infantry tactics around the beast. Still Marines will try to break it.

It’s clear, though, that Marines don't mind a bit of friendly abuse -- as long as they can train and fight with high-quality weapons.
    b read the article at:

https://www.military.com/kitup/2019/...book-post.html

Semper Fi. I want an M27.

Marines can understand words up to six letters? I thought it was five. That's what the Navy guys told me anyhow.

Heck even we Air Force guys can understand seven- to eight-letter words, including some with hyphens in them, you know, like B-fifty-two.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

You can always tell a Marine.

You just can't tell him much.
    kerberos and msgt/ret like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

My respect for the Marines is second to none. I went through AOCS, the only basic training school in the Navy with Marine DIs, highlighted in the movie, "An Officer and a Gentleman." I have known and worked with a lot of Marines, in uniform and out and I have always been impressed.

But they do have a mindset. There was a story when I was was a Bombardier in A-6s, operating the TRAM system. The Navy fielded a laser target designator, that when a Marine pointed it at a ground target, the laser would register on the TRAM system in the A-6 and could be used to guide a bomb to the target. But the early ones looked like a huge camera with a long lens and it was heavy enough that the Marine carrying it would not also carry a rifle, only a sidearm.

The Marines kept breaking the laser devices, even losing them, etc. Someone at the higher levels of the Corps knew what to do. They put a stock on the laser device and trained the users that this was their weapon. The problems cleared up.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

It is still just a poodle shooter.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Interesting that the M27 is a piston design, and not direct impingement. Wonder what the AR apologists make of that.

What’s old is new. Like the BAR, the M27 feeds from box mags, instead of linked ammo in drums.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Interesting that the M27 is a piston design, and not direct impingement. Wonder what the AR apologists make of that.

What’s old is new. Like the BAR, the M27 feeds from box mags, instead of linked ammo in drums.
    "Gas" and "piston" and "box" and "mags" could all be in a Marine's vocabulary (if we accept the letter count standard) while "disintegrating" (as in disintegrating link belt) and "impingement" have too many letters.
    Maybe they designed the weapon to accommodate the field manual that would have to go with it.
    sdprof likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    "Gas" and "piston" and "box" and "mags" could all be in a Marine's vocabulary (if we accept the letter count standard) while "disintegrating" (as in disintegrating link belt) and "impingement" have too many letters.
    Maybe they designed the weapon to accommodate the field manual that would have to go with it.
    Naw, Marines may not understand "Direct Impingement", but they do understand "DI".
    kerberos likes this.

Ex Member
    Breaking News: the Commandant of the Marine Corps has exonerated all crayon eating Marines.

Attachment 290220

VIP Member
    The H&K social media girl is an absolute hoot.

I don’t think I know a single Marine that doesn’t refer to Marines as crayon eaters.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I don’t think I know a single Marine that doesn’t refer to Marines as crayon eaters.
    We refer to each other as many things. Most of which I would likely get a warning for if mentioned here. This crayon eater reference is new to me as of this year. We certainly never uttered such clean verbiage amongst each other. Especially when talking about each other. I think I prefer what I’d get warnings for.

Also m27 is crap. You don’t suppress the enemy with 30 rd magazines. You do it with drums of ammo. You also don’t give that heavy volume of fire to a lightweight rifle...... the things they waste money on.
    Havok likes this.

My USMC time was 45 years ago.

Never heard the term "crayon eaters" until yesterday.

We always went by "jarheads" back in the day. Army was doggies, Navy = squids and AF = airedales

And I did hear USMC = Uncle Sam's Marijuana Club.

But all you young 'uns probably have new jargon for each other in the current PC climate.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Uncle Sams Misguided Children=USMC. Misguided children because they eat their crayons. Come on people, it's not rocket science.
    Havok and Militant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Uncle Sams Misguided Children=USMC. Misguided children because they eat their crayons. Come on people, it's not rocket science.
    OK, since this thread is devolving into Marine jokes, here goes:

• Navy Helicopters: TH-57 Sea Ranger, MH-60R/S Sea Hawk, SH-60 Sea Hawk, MH-53E Sea Dragon
    • Air Force Helicopters: Bell UH-1N Iroquois, HH-60G PAVE Hawk
    • Army Helicopters:UH-60A/L Black Hawk, CH-47D Chinook, OH-58D Kiowa Warrior, MH-47 Chinook, UH-72A Lakota, MH-6 Little Bird, AH-64 Apache Longbow
    • Marine Helicopters: Big Green Helicopter, Little Green Helicopter

• Civilian time: 4:00
    • Army, Navy and Air Force Time: 1600 hours
    • Marine Time: Tuesday

Sign in Navy head (This one is true, I have seen it)
    Marines: Please do not eat the big breath mints out of the urinals.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links