Former Memphis Police Officer Sentenced to 96 Months in Federal Prison - Page 3

Former Memphis Police Officer Sentenced to 96 Months in Federal Prison

This is a discussion on Former Memphis Police Officer Sentenced to 96 Months in Federal Prison within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Of course we need the wall. A man or woman needs his/her paycheck when he's done the work, too...and the politicians shouldn't have used them ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Former Memphis Police Officer Sentenced to 96 Months in Federal Prison

Of course we need the wall. A man or woman needs his/her paycheck when he's done the work, too...and the politicians shouldn't have used them for bargaining chips. Refusing to pay the workers is making THEM suffer when the politicians are the ones who aren't doing their jobs...THEY should miss pay.
    lionround and The Old Anglo like this.

@lionround . I suspect you’ve read several times of my “unofficial duties” of instructing cadets on the subject of police ethics. I can tell you there were good responses and some not so good. In my view, departments act ethically and gain the respect and support of the community, or suffer the perils of a loss of trust.

I applaud those with the courage to hold the line. Lord knows, law enforcement has suffered enough at the hands of a few bad apples.
    lionround likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

OP, I'm a police officer in Memphis. While I didn't know the two officers you posted about, I had another officer I went through the academy with, served with at the same precinct and shift, even rode a few times together, do the same thing. I was shocked. The betrayal I felt to myself and every other LEO who straps on the badge everyday was deep and very real. I was happy to see the person I served with go to prison for his betrayal, as I am glad to see these two do the same. The job of being an LEO is hard enough without having citizens think a few officers are crooked, much less all officers. If we ever meet, I'll shake your hand and lunch is on me.
    lionround, OD*, SpudForce and 2 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Guess I missed this story on the local news. MPD has my support 100%. I earn my living in Memphis, gotten tickets in Memphis and know I wouldn't be where I am if it weren't for Memphis. I won't bite the hand that feeds me.
    lionround and tnsoldier4fun like this.
    Give me a 'T' for Texas, Give me a 'T' for Tennessee
    Native Texan - Long Time Tennessean

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links