This guy got way too close... - Page 2

This guy got way too close...

This is a discussion on This guy got way too close... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I wonder how much double-, triple- and quadruple-guessing themselves that LEO do these days before they drop the hammer on a minority, even when they're ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: This guy got way too close...

I wonder how much double-, triple- and quadruple-guessing themselves that LEO do these days before they drop the hammer on a minority, even when they're sure it's way past time to do so?
    G26Raven and Bigsteve113 like this.
    It's not waterboarding if you use JP-8

VIP Member
    I also wonder, with that many shots fired, from that close, perp was "still fighting" to be cuffed. Poor marksmanship? Ineffective caliber/bullet?
    sdprof likes this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

10 minute standoff? There should have been a bunch of rifles pointed at him, not pistols.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 227 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

My thought as well. It's possible they were there but couldn't be seen in those videos.
    G26Raven likes this.
    "Power always comes from men acting together…; isolated men are powerless by definition.” Hannah Arendt

"The less we are governed internally, the more we invite external governance from the state." Murray Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    There'll ALWAYS be questions/complaints...fear of questions shouldn't cause them to let him get that close. I didn't see the effect of any beanbag rounds...I would never have tried them on an armed suspect who was charging after having shot someone. I sure wouldn't fit in these days.
    I'm afraid it is only going to get worse over time. Everyone second guessing, protests, lawsuits, payouts and so on. LEO's are feeling as though their every move is under a microscope so I can understand the hesitation.
    The More People I Meet the More I Like My Dog.

SFury, they let him get too close because they didn't want to be charged with excessive use of force, or be tried in the court of "social justice" opinion, or the newspapers.
    Snub44 likes this.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    What we have here is a failure to communicate...
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

Wayyyy too many officers second guessing these days !!! Probably a pretty good thing I'm on my way out !!
    G26Raven and Pete63 like this.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

If letting them get that close is the new strategy to avoid being dragged through the court of public opinion they should consider upgrading to shotguns.
    "Power always comes from men acting together…; isolated men are powerless by definition.” Hannah Arendt

"The less we are governed internally, the more we invite external governance from the state." Murray Rothbard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links