This guy got way too close...

This is a discussion on This guy got way too close... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Another instance where the police let a suspect get way too close for comfort. Not only is this dangerous for them, but I also think ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: This guy got way too close...

Another instance where the police let a suspect get way too close for comfort. Not only is this dangerous for them, but I also think it sets a very bad precedent every time they allow a perpetrator to get as close as they do today. You can't tell from their body cams how close this guy got, but the aerial footage shows it very well.

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...IqQKUY4LVM_upQ
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

VIP Member
    Beanbag rounds? How about rifle shot!!!

Sponsor
    At 6 seconds in the vid, that officer on the rights hand hold is completely messed up. He ends up going to a proper hold, but that's just messed up how he was two handing that duty pistol.

I believe they waited as long as they did so there would be NO questions later as to why they shot him.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    There'll ALWAYS be questions/complaints...fear of questions shouldn't cause them to let him get that close. I didn't see the effect of any beanbag rounds...I would never have tried them on an armed suspect who was charging after having shot someone. I sure wouldn't fit in these days.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    So for 10 minutes the police did nothing but talk to this guy, who was waving a gun around, while his victim(s) suffered? So criminal's life is more important than the criminal's victims?
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

VIP Member
    Yikes! That went too far past a couple of ignored commands to "drop the weapon".
    So who is this Will that everybody fires at, what did he do, and how come he's not dead yet??

That is the first time I have ever seen officers determine to shoot an actor ARMED WITH A FIREARM when he GOT TOO CLOSE!

Something tells me that isn't how they were trained.
    gatorbait51 and G26Raven like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

We recently discussed an incident where cops were SWATTED to a house, but it was the wrong house, and they shot and killed the unarmed homeowner because he put a hand near his waist. And there was another case we discussed where a woman called 911 to report shots in the neighborhood. As she approached the responding patrol car, unarmed, there was a loud noise from somewhere and the cop shot her dead. We also discussed the story of cops responding to an actual home DGU, where a cop shot and killed the defender, who was still in his house and apparently couldn't hear the command to drop the gun. But the defender was not pointing the gun at the police.

So the dirtbag in this story is given every chance and honest citizens get gunned down. I wish there was some balance.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    At 6 seconds in the vid, that officer on the rights hand hold is completely messed up. He ends up going to a proper hold, but that's just messed up how he was two handing that duty pistol.

I believe they waited as long as they did so there would be NO questions later as to why they shot him.
    Thumb behind the slide in a stress situation, what could go wrong?
    OlCop, Pete63 and AzQkr like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    That's the "new order" for this country. You have to make darn sure that lethal force was necessary. Good thing that LEO's don't have a duty to retreat or this guy would've still been on the streets.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

“Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.” - Spock - Star Trek VI : The Undiscovered Country

Too much talking, very bad ides.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    We recently discussed an incident where cops were SWATTED to a house, but it was the wrong house, and they shot and killed the unarmed homeowner because he put a hand near his waist. And there was another case we discussed where a woman called 911 to report shots in the neighborhood. As she approached the responding patrol car, unarmed, there was a loud noise from somewhere and the cop shot her dead. We also discussed the story of cops responding to an actual home DGU, where a cop shot and killed the defender, who was still in his house and apparently couldn't hear the command to drop the gun. But the defender was not pointing the gun at the police.

So the dirtbag in this story is given every chance and honest citizens get gunned down. I wish there was some balance.
    There'll be no balance when it's different officers responding in different situations. For every leo, there's a slightly different solution/response. They are robotos programmed to response the exact same way in every possible scenario that might play out on the streets.

To expect there to be balance when humans are involved is being unrealistic, at best.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by CG11 View Post
    Yikes! That went too far past a couple of ignored commands to "drop the weapon".
    Yeah, what happened to "Ask them, Tell them, Make them"?
    G26Raven, OlCop and sdprof like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Yeah, what happened to "Ask them, Tell them, Make them"?
    SJWs got a voice and dumb people listened.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Snub44 and G26Raven like this.
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

Seeing as there was a victim on the ground lethal force should have been used much sooner.

I also don't know why the officers let an armed and dangerous person get so close either. They need to go home at night. I gladly would choose the lives of most officers over the lives of the criminals. Simply because most officers are good people, and the criminals are criminals because they are not good people.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links