Strict Gun Control Would Have To Be Enforced - Page 5

Strict Gun Control Would Have To Be Enforced

This is a discussion on Strict Gun Control Would Have To Be Enforced within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by AzQkr Stating facts is being in the "no spin zone" Facts...like the supremacy clause of the US Constitution?...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 82
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Strict Gun Control Would Have To Be Enforced

  1. #61
    VIP Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    6,423
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Stating facts is being in the "no spin zone"
    Facts...like the supremacy clause of the US Constitution?
    We get the government we deserve.

  2. #62
    Sponsor
    Array AzQkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In the Superstitions
    Posts
    19,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Facts...like the supremacy clause of the US Constitution?
    Sure enough, along with all the facts I stated.
    The mind is the limiting factor

    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

    Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

  3. #63
    VIP Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    6,423
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Sure enough, along with all the facts I stated.
    Which were just examples of tyranny...
    We get the government we deserve.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #64
    Sponsor
    Array AzQkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In the Superstitions
    Posts
    19,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Which were just examples of tyranny...
    Examples of the law. Laws that are lawful until adjudicated as unconstitutional, whether you or anyone else agrees or disagrees with them./

    One man's tyranny is another man's democracy
    The mind is the limiting factor

    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

    Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

  6. #65
    Senior Member Array PhotonGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by retired badge 1 View Post
    More importantly, what happens if a significant number of American citizens refuse to comply? Historical records indicate that there were never more than 2% of the population actively involved in the American Revolution, and most of those were enlisted for periods of 3 to 6 months at a time (allowing them to care for their farms, businesses, and families).

    Today there are about 110-120 million US gun owners with 350-400 million firearms and over a trillion rounds of ammunition. Applying the Revolutionary War percentage of 2% participation, that means that 2.2 to 2.4 million citizens would refuse to comply, while controlling about 7 million firearms and about 20 million rounds of ammunition.

    Some might simply hide their stuff and stay silent. Some might engage in open confrontation. A few might initiate guerilla actions against local, state, or federal forces attempting to enforce such laws. The modern news media would certainly follow along with bated breath, reporting every search, every seizure, and every shoot-out. The evening news would headline each day's body counts and bloodbaths. How long would the American public tolerate such enforcement actions against American citizens on American soil? No one knows because no one has ever seen such carnage on this continent.
    It would be a bloodbath. That's what would happen if a significant number of American citizens refuse to comply. That's what happened when we had a significant number of American citizens who refused to comply with the government back in 1861, we had a bloodbath for the next 4 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by retired badge 1 View Post
    Several things are certain:

    1. No US city, county, state, or federal agency has the capacity to arrest, detain, or try over 2 million new cases.
    2. No jail, detention facility, or prison has excess capacity to accept over 2 million newly incarcerated citizens.
    3. No state or federal court can be expected to prosecute an additional 2-plus million cases, when existing criminal case loads frequently exceed 2 years and civil actions frequently require 4 or more years to work through the system.
    In that case the police and military might simply take on the role of judge, jury, and executioner right then and there. Another words, they wouldn't bother to arrest or detain you for trial, they would just shoot you.

    Quote Originally Posted by retired badge 1 View Post
    Quite frankly, if as few as 1% of the population stands up and declares they will not comply with any new gun law it will be completely impossible to enforce such laws. How long would the American public stand by silently when every day's news contains reports of armed battles, dead, injured, and dying (hint: remember 1960's to 1970's Vietnam news reports and the civil unrest that resulted?).

    So roughly one-third of the American public owns guns, and about half of the American public can't seem to decide which public restroom to use on a daily basis. How do you think that might turn out?
    We would see a repeat of 1861
    The Old Anglo likes this.

  7. #66
    Senior Member Array PhotonGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    They also swear an oath to enforce their states laws. As such, EVERY leo in this country can't uphold both at the same time. It's NOT just about the oath to the Doc. People often either don't know about the conflicting oaths or choose to ignore they are there and in direct conflict with each other.
    Federal law supersedes state law. The Bill Of Rights supersedes everything else.

  8. #67
    Senior Member Array PhotonGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Red flag laws and background checks on ammo are the solution to non compliance. Slowly, they wear down support for 2A. Eventually it will be nothing more than words. There will be no gun forums or other social media groups because people will be concerned about being found out. The remaining gun owners will have their guns hidden, and they will not be proficient with them because they won’t have the ability to practice with them. They will just collect dust, hoping that they are not found by police one day in a chance meeting who are “just doing their job”.

    And Americans(the right) will never rise up because they are all too cozy in their homes the few who are willing will not be supported by everyone else who doesn’t want to lose their “law abiding gun owner” card. The left on the other hand has nothing to lose. All those protestors have no jobs and will never be prosecuted by the people running those liberal cities who accomplishments also total to be nothing.
    Nothing personal but your post sounds like it the kind of post made by somebody who is giving up. We should never give up our fight for the 2A, to do so would be a disgrace to our founding fathers and all those who fought and died for our country and the rights and freedom that come with it.
    Havok likes this.

  9. #68
    Sponsor
    Array AzQkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In the Superstitions
    Posts
    19,595
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotonGuy View Post
    Federal law supersedes state law. The Bill Of Rights supersedes everything else.
    IF that's true, how do states restrict the 2a? Apparently, in the real world, your statements are incorrect. The evidence it's incorrect can be found in any states laws that restrict 2a. This is but ONE example to proves your statements, like Havok's are erroneous.
    The mind is the limiting factor

    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

    Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

  10. #69
    VIP Member Array Cornhusker95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,176
    Quote Originally Posted by patkelly4370 View Post
    Just pondering here...
    Private firearm ownership becomes illegal. Many turn them in, many don't.
    Those that don't stash them away but can never use them.
    Neighbors are compelled to inform. If one were to go shooting, law enforcement would show up.
    Who's going to be the first to "take one for the team" and start a civil war?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    "
    That would be a losing proposition for civilians...You would have a few puffy chested "from my cold dead hands guys "
    and they would end up just that...Dead...Out numbered and outgunned those types would not stand a chance.
    AzQkr likes this.

  11. #70
    Senior Member Array PhotonGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    IF that's true, how do states restrict the 2a? Apparently, in the real world, your statements are incorrect. The evidence it's incorrect can be found in any states laws that restrict 2a. This is but ONE example to proves your statements, like Havok's are erroneous.
    That's because there is corruption in our system. There always has been and there always will be.

    The USA is in my opinion the best country to live in but its not perfect, never has been and never will be.

  12. #71
    Sponsor
    Array AzQkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In the Superstitions
    Posts
    19,595
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotonGuy View Post
    That's because there is corruption in our system. There always has been and there always will be.

    The USA is in my opinion the best country to live in but its not perfect, never has been and never will be.
    So, you agree some states laws supersede federal law is the reality of this discussion. Why they supersede incorrectly or against the Doc is irrelevant and doesn't change what I've stated as fact to a few here who argue it's not fact.
    The mind is the limiting factor

    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

    Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

  13. #72
    Member
    Array David R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Ponder, Texas
    Posts
    17
    1st - I don't think there is any way gun ownership is going to be abolished. 2nd - I'm not sure I disagree entirely with some of the weapons people want to ban, but I draw the line at "shall not be infringed" 3rd - Whatever the government takes away they will only create a stronger underground of illegal guns/attachments that profits criminals and criminal activity, just like Prohibition of Alcohol in the 1920's and 30's. 4th - I believe it would take years to ratify the Constitution and abolish the 2nd Amendment. Also what about "States Rights?" Even if they did take away the 2nd Amendment I and millions more would never give up our guns. I guess that would make me a criminal, but I would still be able to protect myself and my family. At my age odds are I won't be around to see it if it happens, but I just feel sorry for furture generations.

    That's my 2 cents worth, however with inflation it should be up around $2.99 I guess.
    matthew03 likes this.

    Self-Defense Education, Training & Legal Protection
    For Responsibly Armed Americans

    David R

  14. #73
    VIP Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    6,423
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotonGuy View Post
    Nothing personal but your post sounds like it the kind of post made by somebody who is giving up. We should never give up our fight for the 2A, to do so would be a disgrace to our founding fathers and all those who fought and died for our country and the rights and freedom that come with it.
    Not giving up at all. I’m just a reality that most people will ignore. We see it in all the liberal states. Every time something is banned and everyone brags about how few are turned in. How many people are rolling around town with bump stocks in their car? Probably not many. Look at the Bundy standoff. So many people turned on them, and when it was all said and done, they were in the right. I hope people will price me wrong. The strategy that most have been employing has not been working. Something needs to change and I think ignoring it and posting on Facebook about making civil war threats that sound a lot like Obama’s line in the sand is a lost cause.
    We get the government we deserve.

  15. #74
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,566
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotonGuy View Post
    Federal law supersedes state law. The Bill Of Rights supersedes everything else.
    The Bill Of Rights was written to only apply to the federal government. Only since the doctrine of incorporation was created by SCOTUS has it been relevant to the states. Even now it is only applied selectively.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  16. #75
    VIP Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    "
    That would be a losing proposition for civilians...You would have a few puffy chested "from my cold dead hands guys "
    and they would end up just that...Dead...Out numbered and outgunned those types would not stand a chance.
    An intelligent patriot would continue living their life in a seemingly normal way, going to work, visiting friends, paying bills, mowing the yard; but also targeting HVT's and eliminating his local hierarchy where appropriate.

    Maybe by himself, possible with their tribe of trusted loved ones. Just saying, in theory.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •