War.....maybe. - Page 3

War.....maybe.

This is a discussion on War.....maybe. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Meet your new neighbors....Kerry is making noise again telling Iran to wait out Trump...because (IMHO) he and the Halfrican were somehow cut into $$$$ the ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: War.....maybe.

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    Meet your new neighbors....Kerry is making noise again telling Iran to wait out Trump...because (IMHO) he and the Halfrican were somehow cut into $$$$ the prior administration handed to them a few years back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails War.....maybe.-new-neighbors.png  

Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

Iran doesn't have much of a navy, but is bristling with gunboats that are armed with Soviet anti-ship missiles. Their submarines aren't as much a danger unless we find out that they're packing Russian supercavitating torpedoes. However, a swarm of hornets can kill a large animal, and likewise I am uncertain that a single carrier group has enough point-defense to resist a swarm of anti-ship missiles. I think at this point the Persians think that the US will not initiate conflict, and is probably internally-conflicted enough to not respond to a challenge, or even a military incursion. Since I think that Congress right now would fight military action even if Iran attacked an American base or ship, and would probably let Iran level Tel Aviv, I thin the Iranians are probably right. We are paralyzed internally, so others are extending their spheres of influence.
    matthew03 likes this.

Guess they forgot about those Tomahawks they liked so much...........

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gnius View Post
    Iran doesn't have much of a navy, but is bristling with gunboats that are armed with Soviet anti-ship missiles. Their submarines aren't as much a danger unless we find out that they're packing Russian supercavitating torpedoes. However, a swarm of hornets can kill a large animal, and likewise I am uncertain that a single carrier group has enough point-defense to resist a swarm of anti-ship missiles. I think at this point the Persians think that the US will not initiate conflict, and is probably internally-conflicted enough to not respond to a challenge, or even a military incursion. Since I think that Congress right now would fight military action even if Iran attacked an American base or ship, and would probably let Iran level Tel Aviv, I thin the Iranians are probably right. We are paralyzed internally, so others are extending their spheres of influence.
    Their hornets might be able to kill our large animal, but we have a heard of large animals that they can’t handle...if they are let lose.
    We get the government we deserve.

My initial thoughts are all the naval movements are posturing. However, Trump is not like his coward predecessor that ran from his own red-line. Trump will not initiate a war, but that does no mean he won't let some ordinance fly to give the Mullahs a dose of reality.

I can see Trump taking out a portion of Iran's navy to make the point that you don't mess with the US.

Now, the Democrat progressive like Sanders want to let the Iranians vote in our elections because he believes in a robust democracy. Democracy dose not necessarily provide leadership. Groups can rarely reach consensus on major issues. Almost all consensus votes are for the free lunch: increase services, and lower taxes. An unsustainable situation.
    Havok, OldChap and msgt/ret like this.
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

The Liberals #1 agenda is to exterminate the Jews. #2. Christians. Very confusing and frustrating that 80% of Jews vote for Liberals. Death wish?

I would guess that an attack on one of carriers would be considered an act of war. This would unleash an immediate nuclear response. I am quite sure there are boomers with targets already waiting to be loaded into SLBMs. War over in 30 minutes or less.

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    To purchase all the ordnance they could ever want. Maybe more.
    Paradise will run out of virgins before our side runs out of ammo.
    flh, xXxHeavy, msgt/ret and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxHeavy View Post
    Meet your new neighbors....Kerry is making noise again telling Iran to wait out Trump...because (IMHO) he and the Halfrican were somehow cut into $$$$ the prior administration handed to them a few years back.
    I'd say to my new neighbor, "Howdy, there Mo-ham-ed! That's a nice knife. This here's a .357 Magnum cocked and pointed at your belly. In this neighborhood, it ain't wise to bring a knife to a gunfight."
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Their hornets might be able to kill our large animal, but we have a heard of large animals that they can’t handle...if they are let lose.
    Not with the current SOH...

It's been a few years, but not a lot has changed. I was an aviator on a carrier in the Indian Ocean/Persian Gulf for eight months, poised to strike Iran, during the hostage crisis.

A lot of pundits are yammering about how vulnerable a carrier is over there, but they are just trying to make headlines. The carrier is pretty safe on station out there because:
    • The Indian Ocean is BIG, really, really big. The carrier stays out in the open ocean and doesn't go in close. It stays either out of range of potential attacks or at a distance it can see them coming a long ways off.
    • Carriers are fast, really, really fast. Faster than what is published. If they detect incoming, they can be a long way from where the incoming thought they would be by the time the incoming gets there. And all incoming has range and re-targeting limits. It is called a "fast break" and they have to announce it on the 1MC (the ship wide loudspeaker) because if you aren't hanging on to something when it starts, you're feet will come out from underneath you.
    • The carrier is never alone. It has a whole carrier battle group around it, usually at least a cruiser, a couple of destroyers, but often a command and control ship, an attack sub and some others. The main mission of all those other ships is to protect the carrier and they have a LOT of high tech resources to do that.
    • A carrier battle group can get retaliation in the air before an attack even hits. If they are just cruising around, they are no danger to Iran and Iran knows it. But at the first hint of an offensive move, all the safeties are off and the carrier battle group will launch hell and damnation toward the the threat. Iran knows that too. By the time the first incoming hits, attack aircraft, cruise missiles, and Air Force B2 bombers will be in the air. The fight will be ON and Iran has no chance of winning.

Iran is pretty weak on the Indian Ocean side. They have one main military base and port, Chabahar. The supply lines to it are long. It is miles from anything. Capturing it and converting it to our use for landing tanks, troops and logistics and staging aircraft would go pretty quick. Then it would be like the second Gulf War against Iraq. They know all this. That's why it will continue to be posturing.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

"Hey Uncle Sam Puts Your Name At The Top Of His List And The Statue Of Liberty Started Shakin' Her Fist".......

Quote Originally Posted by ButtShot14 View Post
    I would guess that an attack on one of carriers would be considered an act of war. This would unleash an immediate nuclear response. I am quite sure there are boomers with targets already waiting to be loaded into SLBMs. War over in 30 minutes or less.
    So you believe the United States would use weapons of mass destruction on the civilian population because their dictatorship attacked a legitimate military target?
    Rabbit212 and matthew03 like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    So you believe the United States would use weapons of mass destruction on the civilian population because their dictatorship attacked a legitimate military target?
    I don't. I think we will throw dead animals over the wall though.
    graydude likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Squonk View Post
    The Liberals #1 agenda is to exterminate the Jews. #2. Christians. Very confusing and frustrating that 80% of Jews vote for Liberals. Death wish?
    Which is why I find it so frightening that so many people who claim to be catholic also vote for people who will turn around and slaughter them should they gain enough power.
    matthew03 likes this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links