War.....maybe.

War.....maybe.

This is a discussion on War.....maybe. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Reading between the lines.... Iran. Carrier Group, Missile Defense, B2 Bombers Deployed. So ?...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: War.....maybe.

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar

War.....maybe.

Reading between the lines.... Iran.

Carrier Group, Missile Defense, B2 Bombers Deployed.

So ?
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

Nah!
    Texas Red and Bad Bob like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

"Wars and rumors of wars....."

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I can't help but believe that, like their old Soviet friends, the mullahs are aware that starting a war with folks who have the ability to turn their entire country into a nuclear irradiated parking lot in a long, lazy summer afternoon is probably not good for their dreams of dominating thuggery. But who knows? There are not a lot of real intelligent people around anymore.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

VIP Member
    Better to have it and not need it...
    OldChap, Snub44, NECCdude and 7 others like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I can't help but believe that, like their old Soviet friends, the mullahs are aware that starting a war with folks who have the ability to turn their entire country into a nuclear irradiated parking lot in a long, lazy summer afternoon is probably not good for their dreams of dominating thuggery. But who knows? There are not a lot of real intelligent people around anymore.
    Except the USA doesn't have the stomach to do that.....
    Havok, OldChap, matthew03 and 1 others like this.

The despots running countries like Iran and North Korea make war threats to get concessions and more foreign aid from America.

If all out war were declared, it would be over in hours or days. If a containment war like Korea, Viet Nam, Iraq, or Afghanistan is declared, then it takes years until the American public gets too tired of it.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

But I thought Iran was supposed to be our buddy now, after Lurch and the Kenyan gave them all those billions of $ on an Iranian runway in the middle of the night?
    It's not waterboarding if you use JP-8

Seeing as how we are claming they tried to blow up a couple of oil tankers ..I see bad things comeing ..At min a repet of operation praying mantis from the 80s with oil tanker war .

I do see war comeing soon though
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post
    But I thought Iran was supposed to be our buddy now, after Lurch and the Kenyan gave them all those billions of $ on an Iranian runway in the middle of the night?
    Someone high up must not have gotten the memo.

Evil dictators may be sociopaths, but they are not stupid. The primary thing they want is to stay in power and if they have been in power for a while, they are masters at it. Their followers are generally stupid, but they don't make decisions and they are too scared to do anything but follow orders. Evil regimes will pull on the lion's tail, but if the lion turns around, they back off quickly.

I was deployed to the Indian Ocean during the Iran Hostage Crisis. That whole situation happened because Carter was unrealistic and weak. It has since been learned that the Ayatollah reached out to him, in secret, before the takeover, but the administration rebuffed him. The hostage crisis was partially payback and it lasted because they knew Carter wouldn't do anything they couldn't handle, and they were right. We had assets in place that could have taken the Islamic Iranian regime down, and fast. We had a solid plan to do it that would have worked. But Carter would not pull the trigger, except for the ill-planned and disastrous rescue attempt, which failed because of the limits Carter put on it.

But as soon as Reagan took over, the hostages were freed. They knew what was coming. Iran understands strength. If they feel we have the will to use our strength, they will back down.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member
    I was on an amphibious landing ship for the Bay of Pigs and the Cuban Missile Crisis along with thousands of other Marines. The Air Force had it bombers ready to go, and the Army had thousands of soldiers in FL waiting for the Marines to open a beachhead. Then nothing happened. A buildup of forces probably does more to discourage and enemy than to encourage one. That said, if the Iranians decide to fire on an American ship or aircraft I am all for crushing their forces. Only show might if you will use it if necessary.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

"There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim." General (retired) James Mattis.

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    IMO......someone is gonna be stupid enough to call our bluff......then......"It's On".
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Evil dictators may be sociopaths, but they are not stupid. The primary thing they want is to stay in power and if they have been in power for a while, they are masters at it. Their followers are generally stupid, but they don't make decisions and they are too scared to do anything but follow orders. Evil regimes will pull on the lion's tail, but if the lion turns around, they back off quickly.

I was deployed to the Indian Ocean during the Iran Hostage Crisis. That whole situation happened because Carter was unrealistic and weak. It has since been learned that the Ayatollah reached out to him, in secret, before the takeover, but the administration rebuffed him. The hostage crisis was partially payback and it lasted because they knew Carter wouldn't do anything they couldn't handle, and they were right. We had assets in place that could have taken the Islamic Iranian regime down, and fast. We had a solid plan to do it that would have worked. But Carter would not pull the trigger, except for the ill-planned and disastrous rescue attempt, which failed because of the limits Carter put on it.

But as soon as Reagan took over, the hostages were freed. They knew what was coming. Iran understands strength. If they feel we have the will to use our strength, they will back down.
    I was with the Rapid Deployment Force at Bragg during the entire Iran hostage fiasco. I agree with all you said.
    jmf552, Old Man, Bad Bob and 1 others like this.

We really should have been stacking Iranian bodies after they started setting off EFP's and killing our troops in Iraq.
    Havok, Mike1956, 10thmtn and 8 others like this.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links