DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum

Border patrol agent admits, "We have lost control of the border."

Thread: Border patrol agent admits, "We have lost control of the border."

Tags:

SFury said:
    Sadly, at this point bolstering what forces we do have with mobile automated turrets would not be enough. We honestly need to station the military on the border and start shooting at the invaders to scare them off. Those that don't turn around, well, that is what needs to be done. Eventually fewer will come once the price to be paid gets known.

A true tragedy that could have been avoided. The border has not been secured for my entire lifetime. The situation has gone from bad when I was born in late 1979 to outright out of control today.

CrabbyOldGuy said:
    I wouldnít mind hearing people on either side of the argument remind everyone that the point of having a wall isnít to keep people out. Walls exist to encourage traffic to use the gate.

Bad Bob said:
    Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    We lost control of the border 40 years ago.
    40 years ago? The Border Patrol was created in 1924, before that it was patrolled by Texas Rangers, Arizona Rangers etc. The US Mexico border has NEVER been "controlled". The Canadian border is no much better.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

Texas Red said:
    I live on the border.

Two things would make a big impact on the situation here, and neither of those things is located anywhere near the border.

1) Decrease US demand for illegal drugs

2) Decrease US demand for illegal labor
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

KevinRohrer said:
    If we can't control who comes over the border, than logically, we have no control over it. Blame a Liberal Congress, and get them to fix their screwup.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

Havok said:
    Controlling the border would is easy, but people donít want the solution to it. We could easily make it undesirable to come into the US illegally, but we wonít.
    We get the government we deserve.

Pete63 said:
    It's gone nuts here!

https://www.click2houston.com/news/i...tinues-to-rise

And not a single politician has discussed this!
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

gasmitty said:
    "Border crisis deniers" - excellent buzz-term that I'll be happy to give some legs to.

I wonder if there are more border crisis deniers than climate change deniers?
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

PhaedrusIV said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    40 years ago? The Border Patrol was created in 1924, before that it was patrolled by Texas Rangers, Arizona Rangers etc. The US Mexico border has NEVER been "controlled". The Canadian border is no much better.
    I believe Mister Bob might have a bit of insight here...
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

OD* said:
    Dang it Bob, if we go back that far, we can't blame Ronald Reagan?!?
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Nmuskier said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Have any of the border crisis deniers in high places actually talked to personnel on the scene?

I've yet to hear from anyone that things are well under control there, denier or otherwise.
    Didn't CNN send a reporter down to a section of steel slat wall? He was showing how calm it was and how no one was storming the boarder...where he was...in front of a steel slat wall...to prove that a wall isn't needed...because no one is trying to illegally enter through the wall.
    Psalm 144:1

Pete63 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Dang it Bob, if we go back that far, we can't blame Ronald Reagan?!?
    I'm not worried, because I know for a fact that @Bad Bob has the Canadian border covered!
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Bad Bob said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    I'm not worried, because I know for a fact that @Bad Bob has the Canadian border covered!

Nah I retired...
    A man has got to know his limitations.

Pete63 said:

Nah I retired...
    I know, but "just the fear of you being up that way" ought to have them quaking in their boots!
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

G26Raven said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    Didn't CNN send a reporter down to a section of steel slat wall? He was showing how calm it was and how no one was storming the boarder...where he was...in front of a steel slat wall...to prove that a wall isn't needed...because no one is trying to illegally enter through the wall.
    That's post #7 on the previous page.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.