Throwing handgun out car window is only "littering" in Houston - Page 2

Throwing handgun out car window is only "littering" in Houston

This is a discussion on Throwing handgun out car window is only "littering" in Houston within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Pete63 Well, the status has changed on this case, AFTER, the head of the Houston Police Officers Union raised a stink. 17 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Throwing handgun out car window is only "littering" in Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    Well, the status has changed on this case, AFTER, the head of the Houston Police Officers Union raised a stink. 17 y.o. teen WILL BE charged with Class A misdemeanor, minor in possession of a firearm. The D.A. office excuse is, with a tight budget, the office within the jail that is maned by adviser's to recommend charges is maned by college students, as their budget can't afford "REAL ATTORNEY'S"!
    This will be interesting, because there is no law stating you have to be 18 to have a firearm in the vehicle.

My thoughts are this will turn into a “well, we tried, darn..” or they will try to use it to push for stricter gun control since the law does not cover this.
    G26Raven likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    This will be interesting, because there is no law stating you have to be 18 to have a firearm in the vehicle.

My thoughts are this will turn into a “well, we tried, darn..” or they will try to use it to push for stricter gun control since the law does not cover this.
    Who know's? I've not been impressed with Kim Ogg. I long for the days when we had Johnny Holmes. He was the "real deal" tough on criminals D.A.!
    Havok likes this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links