Virginia Beach workplace shooting - Page 3

Virginia Beach workplace shooting

This is a discussion on Virginia Beach workplace shooting within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by redmc I posted here a short time ago Don't think this won't happen to you. This is an indication of how wrong ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree239Likes

Thread: Virginia Beach workplace shooting

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redmc View Post
    I posted here a short time ago Don't think this won't happen to you. This is an indication of how wrong we can be.
    I wonder if body armor is allowed if you can't have a gun.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    I wonder if body armor is allowed if you can't have a gun.
    I doubt few people would opt to wear hot, uncomfortable vest all day long in the remote odds of workplace violence. I wouldn't.
    baren likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    EDIT: How many more mass shootings must happen before people will begin to believe "It CAN happen here, and eventually, it WILL happen here" ?
    And that thought is simply more fuel for the Antis' agenda.
    PhaedrusIV likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    On this evening's redio news, we are already hearing the hue and cry for GUN CONTROL.

From "Mayor Pete", from Bernie, and from Pocahontas, I think. Anyone with a "D" by his name, of course.
    airslot likes this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    On this evening's redio news, we are already hearing the hue and cry for GUN CONTROL.

From "Mayor Pete", from Bernie, and from Pocahontas, I think. Anyone with a "D" by his name, of course.
    Yup, since everything up until the shooting was done legally, we have to make more gun stuff illegal. If it saves just one life...
    msgt/ret, PhaedrusIV and airslot like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Distinguished Member Array 19Kvet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    There goes that retort...

I wonder if on-duty carry is prohibited for city employees?
    It was when I worked in that building.

Trevor
    DZUS, Mike1956 and graydude like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 19Kvet View Post
    It was when I worked in that building.

Trevor
    This is a major reply!

Importance x 100!

graydude and Hoganbeg like this.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

VIP Member
    Does anyone else find the .45 suppressor thing very odd....As someone who has shot quite a few suppressors and owns them and has owned a .45 suppressor. A .45 is about as subsonic as they come. The loadest noise would be the slide moving and the slug hitting a hard service. Yet these people say they heard gun shots. This guy with a little stealth could have wiped out the whole building before the anybody knew what was going on unless someone physically saw him. If you listen to interviews from shootings involving high-powered rifles. Many folks stated that they didn't sound like gun shots and they thought they were something else. I find this whole narrative very odd........

I'm wondering if he used a Faux suppressor, or an illegal homemade suppressor.
    sdprof, graydude, airslot and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array 19Kvet's Avatar
    My old boss described the initial shots as louder than the pd returning fire.

Trevor
    graydude likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 19Kvet View Post
    My old boss described the initial shots as louder than the pd returning fire.

Trevor
    Interesting!

VIP Member
    Suppressor and high cap mags were added to make it fit the on-going anti narrative, IMO. They have to have something...

As unpleasant as it is, so much for the Internet wisdom that mass shooters are only white guys. The Virginia Tech shooting is another example. Race doesn't seem to have anything to do with it. Craziness does as well as a dark heart.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Does anyone else find the .45 suppressor thing very odd....As someone who has shot quite a few suppressors and owns them and has owned a .45 suppressor. A .45 is about as subsonic as they come. The loadest noise would be the slide moving and the slug hitting a hard service. Yet these people say they heard gun shots. This guy with a little stealth could have wiped out the whole building before the anybody knew what was going on unless someone physically saw him. If you listen to interviews from shootings involving high-powered rifles. Many folks stated that they didn't sound like gun shots and they thought they were something else. I find this whole narrative very odd........

I'm wondering if he used a Faux suppressor, or an illegal homemade suppressor.
    I had similar thoughts and now suspect it was a made up thing. Afterwards people can say “oops, there wasn’t a suppressor, but we reported what we thought was correct at the time.” The damage done by incorrect or biased reporting can’t be undone by later retractions.

Surprised we haven’t seen a photo of the gun and suppressor yet... which also makes me think it wasn’t suppressed.

Wonder if the gun had a compensator on it? That might be confused by non-gun people for a suppressor who don’t know other things can attach to barrels.
    ugh762x39 likes this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

VIP Member
    Once again, I find our attention drawn away from the already-largely-ignored critical facts by meaningless, probably incorrect minutia that has been fed us to through the eyedropper of "initial reports". Straight up, what difference does a suppressor or lack thereof make in the larger picture?

What matters to me here is that one more time, Americans who have been compelled to go unarmed by law or workplace policy have been murdered by someone who is unfazed by law and workplace policy.

VIP Member
    Meanwhile, in Chicago, in May, 2019

Shot and killed: 51

Shot and wounded: 203

Anyone in the media care ? Will more "gun laws" fix this ?

Asking for a friend.
    sdprof, graydude, airslot and 5 others like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links