Virginia Beach workplace shooting - Page 5

Virginia Beach workplace shooting

This is a discussion on Virginia Beach workplace shooting within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Bikenut ^^^^^^ Wait! What? Open carriers get anti gun legislation stopped? Aren't open carriers supposed to cause all kinds of backlash resulting ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree239Likes

Thread: Virginia Beach workplace shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    ^^^^^^
    Wait! What? Open carriers get anti gun legislation stopped? Aren't open carriers supposed to cause all kinds of backlash resulting in more anti gun legislation?

Good work VCDL!
    That’s what all the Fudds say!
    We get the government we deserve.

@jmf552 , how long do you think the Special Session will run? I'd like to be there too, but have a business trip to Arizona that M-F. If it runs into the weekend or the next week I could take a few days vacation in Richmond.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    @jmf552 , how long do you think the Special Session will run? I'd like to be there too, but have a business trip to Arizona that M-F. If it runs into the weekend or the next week I could take a few days vacation in Richmond.
    I have not heard an estimate of how long it might last, but somehow I can't imagine a herd of legislators getting anything done in a week! It would be good to see you again.

The new American Civil War Museum building opened in May. It might be worth seeing.
    graydude likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    @jmf552 , I totally agree with you post#59 above. A month or so ago I saw that PS dropped reciprocity with VA. I could not imagine why not could I find any reason why. Our Gov and AG are anti gun. Our legislative majority is not so. I was appalled at PA dropping VA for reciprocity. PA has a very easy standard to meet for a LTCF: pass the fed and PA background checks and you get a permit without training. Why VA, which recognizes PA, was dropped boggles my mind. I do. Not get it and the State has failed to give a reason fo4mdoing so other than typical BS.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer
    Member:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    PA Firearms Owners Association
    PA Firearms Owners Against Crime

My code: Survival is not negotiable.

https://crimeresearch.org/2019/06/dr...ecause-of-ban/

More news. Work colleague considered taking firearm to work that day, but didn’t because it was a gun free zone...now she’s dead.

The original Virginian Pilot article; https://pilotonline.com/news/local/v...87b2a3b42.html

P.S. More on it being a “gun free” zone; https://crimeresearch.org/2019/06/an...irginia-beach/

“...so only employees are allowed in this area, and none of them are allowed to carry a gun there. Even worse, without a keycard, the police had trouble bypassing the locks for this employee-only area, thus giving the killer more time to attack”
    SMH...I never thought about that aspect that card swipes can also keep the police out too. Lesson learned.
    msgt/ret, PhaedrusIV and airslot like this.

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    I worked security in a controlled access building. They had proximity cards that could be passed out to LE/FR if needed.
    I always questioned what happens if security wasn't at the front door. On weekends there was only one security guard in the building. All access points were hardened and would have taken breaching charges to gain entry without a card or someone inside to let you in.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    I worked security in a controlled access building. They had proximity cards that could be passed out to LE/FR if needed.
    I always questioned what happens if security wasn't at the front door. On weekends there was only one security guard in the building. All access points were hardened and would have taken breaching charges to gain entry without a card or someone inside to let you in.
    I work in a controlled facility (6 checkpoints & proximity locks between the outside world and my office). I've walked in wearing civilian clothes, used my badge to get to work, pulling a full size rolling multi-rifle Pelican case, without a half dozen guards so much as blinking an eye or asking to inspect or X-ray the case even though the building is a posted gun-free zone. An insider threat would be easy to pull off and could be devastating here and many other places with security theater.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    I work in a controlled facility (6 checkpoints & proximity locks between the outside world and my office). I've walked in wearing civilian clothes, used my badge to get to work, pulling a full size rolling multi-rifle Pelican case, without a half dozen guards so much as blinking an eye or asking to inspect or X-ray the case even though the building is a posted gun-free zone. An insider threat would be easy to pull off and could be devastating here and many other places with security theater.
    I bolded the key IMO.
    Most visible security is to give people the impression of safety.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    I bolded the key IMO.
    Most visible security is to give people the impression of safety.
    Anything less than an armed response already in place comes under that heading, IMO. As long as areas are GFZs, everyone there is in the cross-hairs at any particular time.
    airslot and msgt/ret like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Sponsored Links