If you think terrorists won't take advantage of this, you're a special kind of stupid

If you think terrorists won't take advantage of this, you're a special kind of stupid

This is a discussion on If you think terrorists won't take advantage of this, you're a special kind of stupid within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been concerned about our lack of border security for a long time. But with this development, this raises the issues to a whole ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: If you think terrorists won't take advantage of this, you're a special kind of stupid

I have been concerned about our lack of border security for a long time. But with this development, this raises the issues to a whole new level.

500 African Migrants Apprehended Since May 30 in Single Border Patrol Sector

Del Rio Sector Border Patrol agents apprehended more than 500 migrants from the continent of Africa since May 30. The numbers jumped after large numbers of African migrants adopted a strategy of crossing in large numbers. On Wednesday, a group of 34 African migrants crossed the border illegally near Eagle Pass, Texas.

n a press call on Wednesday afternoon, Brian Hastings, U.S. Border Patrol Chief of Law Enforcement Operations, told reporters this was the first large group “ever recorded in Border Patrol history solely from Central and South Africa. We’ve never seen that demographic in a large group of that size before.”

https://www.breitbart.com/border/201...atrol-sector/#
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    500 in a week just from Africa?!? How can anyone say that's not a crisis?
    NECCdude, G26Raven and airslot like this.

To be completely honest, I'm less worried about radical islamists and moreso about them bringing in diseases:

https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/...190602-eng.pdf

See pg. 3, confirmed cases in the last 21 days.

EDIT TO ADD:

Raconteur Report: Ebola FAQ File

This fellow is a retired combat medic, I think from Gulf war I, IIRC. I believe also a trauma RN based in southern Cali and has a ton of insightful stuff on his blog. I've been following his stuff on Ebola for about five years now and what he's posted is enough to curdle your nose hairs just thinking about it.

P.S. Since he wrote this the number in the DRC has about doubled. If this ever jumps out of the remote villages into a metropolitan area we are screwed.

P.P.S. Raconteur Report: Ebola

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Some worrisome news

ISIS and other terrorists ain't stupid. I am surprised we have not been over run. Perhaps we have been and they are just laying low for a while.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/isis-pl...-mexico-border
    G26Raven and airslot like this.

Ex Member
    Only a stupid terrorist would try access across the southern border. It is a lot simpler to go to Canada and then cross the more than 2000 mile border at points where there is no border patrol working, no fences or walls, noe electronic surveillance, not aerial patrol. In fact local PDs have been picking them up on occasion. Usually crossing into Maine. US porosity make a sponge look solid as a brick.
    OldChap and airslot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Only a stupid terrorist would try access across the southern border. It is a lot simpler to go to Canada and then cross the more than 2000 mile border at points where there is no border patrol working, no fences or walls, noe electronic surveillance, not aerial patrol. In fact local PDs have been picking them up on occasion. Usually crossing into Maine. US porosity make a sponge look solid as a brick.
    I think you're right, but just like in every criminal enterprise, there are different levels of "terrorists." There are the masterminds, the leaders, who never intentionally sacrifice themselves, but who design the bombs, create the strategies, handle the funding, stir people up with the ideology, etc. Then there are the mid-level folks who coordinate attacks, recruit the martyrs, etc. Then there are the low-level cannon fodder, who may or may not have been radicalized and recruited yet. I think it is that last group that comes across the southern border.

Off topic, but I can't help but see an irony that one of the great evils of this country was that Africans were forced here unjustly back in the day. Now some people think it is one of our great evils that we want to keep them out. Not sure where I was going with that, it just jumped out at me.
    1942bull likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

The issue of non Central-South American illegal apprehensions along the SW border has been happening for many years and gets little attention.
    Paladin3840 likes this.

Risasi, the issue of contagious diseases concerns me, too.
    OldChap, airslot, DZUS and 1 others like this.
    Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Brother, the sad truth is that the RCMP and Canadian immigration makes the northern border not as porous as the southern border. I myself watched folks walk across the Rio Grande into Mexico a number of times to meet with Mexican pastors. Border Patrol is spread so thin that "border security" is a joke in this vast remote regions. They couldn't even see us with the Aerostat radar because it is located between Marfa and Valentine (TX) and the river is shielded by mountains. If you cross the mountains they could see you, but there are little villages in Texas opposite little villages here in Mexico all up and down the vast region between Brownsville and El Paso and you could easily hop a ride to the interior of Texas.

Canada is bounded by the US and oceans. Mexico has neighbors to the south with even less border security than between Mexico and the US.

And BTW, if you ask me, I'm just talking. I didn't really cross into Mexico because I was under a travel ban and couldn't get a Passport!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

All you have to do is think this way.

Slowly, over the last two years of Dems refusing to do ANYTHING about the border, ISIS and plenty of other radicals slip across the border. They just lie low, waiting.

July 4th.....US TET OFFENSIVE!!!

Imagine thirty cities in the US with groups of five to fifty with automatic rifles, RPGs, and grenades (humans can easily smuggle those in, just look at the Nordic Countries and grenade warfare in the streets that does not get reported here).

The diseases are bad enough, but the thought of sleeper cells are what keeps me up at night.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    All you have to do is think this way.

Slowly, over the last two years of Dems refusing to do ANYTHING about the border, ISIS and plenty of other radicals slip across the border. They just lie low, waiting.

July 4th.....US TET OFFENSIVE!!!

Imagine thirty cities in the US with groups of five to fifty with automatic rifles, RPGs, and grenades (humans can easily smuggle those in, just look at the Nordic Countries and grenade warfare in the streets that does not get reported here).

The diseases are bad enough, but the thought of sleeper cells are what keeps me up at night.
    Me too!
    airslot likes this.
    Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Me too!
    Perry Mason and Twilight Zone are what keep me up at night. I could use a few hours in a sleeper cell.
    PhaedrusIV likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Yawn . . .

Illegall immigration is the tip of an iceberg. The real threat to domestic tranquility is the 1st Amendment.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Risasi, the issue of contagious diseases concerns me, too.

We already have a resurgence of measles, mumps, typhus and now potentially plague in L.A.

But this Ebola deal in DRC needs extra supervision since recently there have been people from there crossing the southern border. The incubation period is ridiculously high. 2000 cases now, hopefully this vaccine is actually working over there to tamp it down, but don’t be surprised if it’s up to 3000 cases on the Congo by July. It also goes under reported there.

In the US we have a capacity of 12 hospital beds...not hospitals. Beds. Plan to self quarantine for potentially two months. If it gets loose here it will radically alter our demographics.
    lordofwyr and G26Raven like this.

Like what? Measles?
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links