It's with sadness.... - Page 3

It's with sadness....

This is a discussion on It's with sadness.... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Congrats sir! You have earned a break, good and faithful servant! I retired 11 years ago this September! Best thing I ever did for my ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree326Likes

Thread: It's with sadness....

Congrats sir! You have earned a break, good and faithful servant! I retired 11 years ago this September! Best thing I ever did for my health. I miss friends that I worked with but most have retired or died. I don't miss the politics which are very difficult to avoid when you are in the management ranks (I tried to insulate my officers from the politics in the ivory tower as much as possible so they could do what they needed to do to get the job done.)
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

VIP Member
    Thank you for your past, present, and future service protecting your county and giving comfort to your fellow men and women in blue. God has chosen a new path for you that I am sure is best even if it might not look like it at the moment. I salute you sir.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Scott,
    Your new role as Chaplain, while maybe not as exciting, is just as vital. Especially as someone who has "Been there and done that." I pray you are able to use the experience given you in this new chapter of service.

A young man, former LEO, recently made the decision that he could no longer live with the images that haunted him.
    He had sought to drown them, but alcohol became his master and led to the loss of his career and family.
    Putting down the bottle allowed the memories free run and after a few months became too much for him to bear.

I helped with what I could, but sometimes there is no greater help than that offered from someone with personal experience.
    My prayer for you is to draw on the experience given you in this new chapter of service to offer what only God can through your hands.

Started to post this earlier and just couldn't do it.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Well, my ride as a Peace Officer is coming to a quick close. Our Under Sheriff informed me that next week, I will be transitioning from Reserve Deputy to Department Chaplain. Other than sadness, I have no complaints. The decision is due to my age, and as I start the downhill slide to 68, I can understand their concern for my safety. The criminals we are starting to deal with are a different breed than our county has dealt with before.

It has been a wild and great ride. I can't express the pride I have felt, while on a hot call, to still be part of those who run towards the sound of gunfire. And I have had multiple "interesting" calls, been on pursuits, hunted for felons in wheat fields with our ARs, responded to road rage calls with shots fired, been part of a Secret Service Vice President Protection detail, lain in the dark with my AR waiting for an abusive husband who threatened to shoot us, had my gun out and on folks......

I actually DO look forward to continuing to serve the Deputies, Staff and their families as Chaplain, but DANG, I'm going to miss that distinction of being one of the guys running to the fight.
    Like the others on this great site....thanks for your service....deputy reserves serve such a great spot in L.E. in communities and they do such a great job because of their dedication to their community....I know that you will do a great job as a deputy chaplain.....I had two of them and they were so great dealing with external and internal issues that involved deputies, police officers, and citizens in need in our community. May God bless you and guide you down the path to help those in need and allow you to magnify His magesty!

VIP Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    Scott,
    Your new role as Chaplain, while maybe not as exciting, is just as vital. Especially as someone who has "Been there and done that." I pray you are able to use the experience given you in this new chapter of service.

A young man, former LEO, recently made the decision that he could no longer live with the images that haunted him.
    He had sought to drown them, but alcohol became his master and led to the loss of his career and family.
    Putting down the bottle allowed the memories free run and after a few months became too much for him to bear.

I helped with what I could, but sometimes there is no greater help than that offered from someone with personal experience.
    My prayer for you is to draw on the experience given you in this new chapter of service to offer what only God can through your hands.

Started to post this earlier and just couldn't do it.
    Sir: May you find the Peace that passes all understanding...........we do what we can, and yet, when its not enough, our own hearts grow heavy and weary.
    TSKnight, OD* and airslot like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Sir: May you find the Peace that passes all understanding...........we do what we can, and yet, when its not enough, our own hearts grow heavy and weary.
    Thank You.
    Sorry to hijack your thread. Just touched a still very tender nerve.
    Chaplain Scott likes this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

VIP Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Thanks to ALL of you for your kind words!!! Its been a great ride, now I'm switching horses to something a little more tame, but still riding with the same folks......thanks for understanding!!!
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Thanks to ALL of you for your kind words!!! Its been a great ride, now I'm switching horses to something a little more tame, but still riding with the same folks......thanks for understanding!!!
    Many thanks for your service to others.

While it may not exactly be what you want, realize that maybe you've been called to serve in a different way and haven't been responding, so now a more direct approach is happening. The last time I fought a change of path like that I later found out why, and it was worth it. It's likely you're being positioned to be at the right place at the right time.

Your time in the field will give you a level of credibility with those you'll serve that other chaplains just won't have. Plus there are probably family members relieved at not having you directly exposed to danger every single shift. Their burden will get lighter.

Best of luck, looking forward to hearing of your new success stories (well, those you can share).
    OD*, Chaplain Scott and TSKnight like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Thank you for your time from a fellow officer and now your just changing duties from the citizens to Gods field when the officers and citizens will need you more so , Our chaplin in the Department I worked in passed away several years ago and it broke my heart because he was there for us and also when we needed to break the news to families that a loved was passed away and I never thought of how much more his impact in my life till his passing and was so so grateful for him being a part of my life . God bless you and may the wind be to your back brother .

Lay down your badge when it becomes clear that you will have to, but never your guns.
    Chaplain Scott likes this.

Thou not in law enforcement, one of my deepest regrets was that I answered His call too late in life to have helped my younger brother when he retired from the Marshall Service. There is nothing in life that I know of that will help a man hang on to this life as what happens to us when we receive new life and are changed in ways I'm not allowed to detail here. I pray the Lord blesses and guides you in your new walk of service. You may find that your new position may be even more rewarding than your last; especially if you learn to trust in His help and guidance.
    OD* and Chaplain Scott like this.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links