Everybody Can Retire Now!

This is a discussion on Everybody Can Retire Now! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; All the member's here whom are active LEO's, can put in for your pension's, as I've got your replacement: https://ktla.com/2019/06/17/huntingt...-public-areas/...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Everybody Can Retire Now!

VIP Member

All the member's here whom are active LEO's, can put in for your pension's, as I've got your replacement:

https://ktla.com/2019/06/17/huntingt...-public-areas/

CWOUSCG, CG11 and OldChap like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

1984 got here late.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired

I know at least one hospital in the med center uses these. Iím waiting for the day when someone decides to push them over.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    1984 got here late.
    Maybe so but itís already been here for a while.
    Pete63, redmc, CWOUSCG and 3 others like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I'm betting it's "gone in sixty seconds." They could at least make it look like R2D2.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member
    I am considering becoming a mountain man. All I would have to worry about would be cougars, bears, snakes, and freezing to death. Seem better to me than 1984.
    OldChap, CWOUSCG, Pete63 and 2 others like this.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

"There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim." General (retired) James Mattis.

I think that is a dumb idea. Those things are going to get stolen, damaged, kicked over, shot at, etc. If LE really wants to go "big brother," it would be better to go to overlapping CCTV coverage like London has, not that I think that is good idea either. BTW, London has over a half a million CCTV cameras! You can't scratch your butt in London without it getting caught on CCTV. If you ever get knifed in London, which is not unlikely, they will have great footage of it!

I know this device is not armed, but anytime someone comes up with a robotic cop idea, I am reminded of a line Chuck Norris had in a police movie. Another cop mentioned the idea of robotic cops. Norris' character said, "Great. Just what we need. More guns on the street with no brains attached."
    airslot, Pete63, OldChap and 1 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

RoboCop looks like a bullet. Iím sure someone will complain about that micro aggression.

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    RoboCop looks like a bullet. Iím sure someone will complain about that micro aggression.
    People are always saying we need high caliber police officers. This one looks like about 1,500 caliber to me at least!
    NECCdude, Pete63, CWOUSCG and 2 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I think that is a dumb idea. Those things are going to get stolen, damaged, kicked over, shot at, etc. If LE really wants to go "big brother," it would be better to go to overlapping CCTV coverage like London has, not that I think that is good idea either. BTW, London has over a half a million CCTV cameras! You can't scratch your butt in London without it getting caught on CCTV. If you ever get knifed in London, which is not unlikely, they will have great footage of it!

I know this device is not armed, but anytime someone comes up with a robotic cop idea, I am reminded of a line Chuck Norris had in a police movie. Another cop mentioned the idea of robotic cops. Norris' character said, "Great. Just what we need. More guns on the street with no brains attached."

CWOUSCG likes this.
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    I am considering becoming a mountain man. All I would have to worry about would be cougars, bears, snakes, and freezing to death. Seem better to me than 1984.
    I used to think about being a mountain man, but them I have a good friend who is a lesbian. I can really identify with her, so I've decided I'm going to be like her when I grow up.

Unfortunately, my Wife says I'm in no danger of growing up anytime in the foreseeable future. There goes my weekend plans!
    OldChap likes this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    so, will donut shops close up? or will they get more business with officers having a lil more time on their hands?
    Pete63, OldChap, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    I used to think about being a mountain man, but them I have a good friend who is a lesbian. I can really identify with her, so I've decided I'm going to be like her when I grow up.

Unfortunately, my Wife says I'm in no danger of growing up anytime in the foreseeable future. There goes my weekend plans!
    Love it, a distinguished reply from a distinguished member. It reminds me of a day when my wife and I were out for a walk. A beautiful woman walked by and i turned to watch her. The I said to my wife I might have to fins one like her. The wife said I had better get more life insurance. I asked whether that meant she might kill me. She said no, but I i ever tangled with a woman like her I would probably die from the heart attack. We continued our walk.
    sdprof, airslot, OldChap and 1 others like this.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

"There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim." General (retired) James Mattis.

No reason to try but bet it would not take much to make it shut up and shut down.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

I am willing to bet these things will be harassed more than real cops Can't see this lasting too long. Not like boots on the ground.
    Havok likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'm betting it's "gone in sixty seconds." They could at least make it look like R2D2.
    Iím thinking Lost in Space. Danger Will Robinson!

Sister says "There are Angels walking among us. If they're mean they're not Angels and you can shoot them"

Black Rifles Matter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links