Portland Chief Wants To Ban People From Wearing Masks While Attacking People

This is a discussion on Portland Chief Wants To Ban People From Wearing Masks While Attacking People within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Am I crazy or is this whole thing nuts? I don't think this solves the fundamental problem, i.e., committing political violence. Portland, OR — The ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Portland Chief Wants To Ban People From Wearing Masks While Attacking People

Am I crazy or is this whole thing nuts? I don't think this solves the fundamental problem, i.e., committing political violence.

Portland, OR — The chief of the Portland Police Bureau has called for an anti-mask law in the city as one of her initiatives toward clamping down on violent protests that have rocked the city.

“Every demonstration we’ve responded to is reactionary,'' Portland Police Chief Danielle Outlaw said at a press conference on Wednesday, according to The Oregonian.

"We need strategic resources to get ahead of this before it starts so it’s not even allowed to happen in the first place," she said.

“We cannot allow people to continue to use the guise of free speech to commit a crime,’’ Chief Outlaw said. “A lot of people are emboldened because they know they can’t be identified.’’

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...Gi6qj-LqxVF1HA
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

Distinguished Member
    It does help prevent cowards from acting. Georgia has had such a law on the books for decades and it helped both prevent violence and facilitated prosecution of cowards in masks.

The funny part is that the progressive idiots are asserting that such a law would violate the 1st Amendment by restricting speech. Funny but that argument fell flat when Southern Democrats made it in the last century to shield their friends in the Klan.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

DG
    The Chief of Police is named Danielle Outlaw.
    Hatchee, G26Raven and OldChap like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Am I crazy or is this whole thing nuts? I don't think this solves the fundamental problem, i.e., committing political violence.
    Seems nuts to me. Why not just grab the dirt bags who are doing it, put them in jail and charge them with the crimes they are committing? Why are we giving Hitler's Brown Shirts carte blanche to do mayhem?

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Seems nuts to me. Why not just grab the dirt bags who are doing it, put them in jail and charge them with the crimes they are committing? Why are we giving Hitler's Brown Shirts carte blanche to do mayhem?
    When you say, "We," you have to remember that is like The Lone Ranger asking Tonto what "WE" are gonna do when surrounded by 500 hostile Apachees…..and Tonto replied, "Who is the WE you speak of, paleface...…"

The police up there were obviously told to NOT interfere, for whatever reasons. Therefore, unless the citizens themselves grabbed the violent actors, no one was gonna grab them.

Seriously note that it was Portland that refused to help Federal ICE agents being besieged by those same types. The people there get the government they elect, and it seems they have chosen the Venezuelan model. I feel like before we invade Venezuela, we should consider forcing regime change on the west coast from the Mexican border to the Canadian border to an American, Capitalist model...….
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Why are we giving Hitler's Brown Shirts carte blanche to do mayhem?
    Because Ted Wheeler is not just the mayor of Portland. He's also the police commissioner and an Antifa supporter. If this is the kind of dirtbag the morons in Portland want to have as their mayor, there's nothing anyone else can do about it.

I don't know any reason the county Sheriff couldn't step in although that is an elected position and may be as corrupted as the city police.
    G26Raven likes this.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

It's simple: Why doesn't Portland just uphold the law?
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

The rest of the country is starting to see what a mess Portland is. The police chief’s statements are a political move to save face more than anything else. No way will Wheeler let anything bad happen to his enforcers.

' “Every demonstration we’ve responded to is reactionary,'' Portland Police Chief Danielle Outlaw said at a press conference on Wednesday, according to The Oregonian. '

The term "reactionary" is an interesting use of communist rhetoric and her meaning seems unclear. Is she saying the demonstrations themselves were reactionary or that the police responses were reactionary? Did she mean Antifa was reactionary with respect to perceived ills of society, or that the counter-protesters were reactionary to Antifa? How about all of the above? Regardless, how does pointing any of this out address any of the allegations or problems?
    G26Raven and Rockymonster like this.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    ' “Every demonstration we’ve responded to is reactionary,'' Portland Police Chief Danielle Outlaw said at a press conference on Wednesday, according to The Oregonian. '

The term "reactionary" is an interesting use of communist rhetoric and her meaning seems unclear. Is she saying the demonstrations themselves were reactionary or that the police responses were reactionary? Did she mean Antifa was reactionary with respect to perceived ills of society, or that the counter-protesters were reactionary to Antifa? How about all of the above? Regardless, how does pointing any of this out address any of the allegations or problems?
    The Portland police don’t respond, though. They just stand there and watch people get attacked. School crossing guards have more civic authority than the Portland police department.

Yes, it's all quite pathetic, if you ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Yes, it's all quite pathetic, if you ask me!
    And it’s all happening right next door to you and me. We need to remove the I-5 bridge over the Columbia to keep them in their own yard.

Oh I don't know....the ANTIFA fools just need to make sure they wear a combat bandage for a face mask if they ever decide to risk a road trip out of Portlibland. It might be needed to save their lives.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Oh I don't know....the ANTIFA fools just need to make sure they wear a combat bandage for a face mask if they ever decide to risk a road trip out of Portlibland. It might be needed to save their lives.
    They’ll likely never travel beyond their home turf, they have free reign there with the mayor’s assistance.
    OldChap, G26Raven and airslot like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links