LEO asked to leave an AZ Starbucks - Page 2

LEO asked to leave an AZ Starbucks

This is a discussion on LEO asked to leave an AZ Starbucks within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The LEOís would like the coffee and the company at Dunkin or McDonalds better. Starbucks coffee tastes like cowpiss...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree239Likes

Thread: LEO asked to leave an AZ Starbucks

The LEOís would like the coffee and the company at Dunkin or McDonalds better. Starbucks coffee tastes like cowpiss
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    That barista ought to be fired. Her action was an enormous lack of good judgement. She should hVe told the complaining woman to just turn her chair around so she could not see the officers it as an alternative to leave the premises.
    The barista violated corporate firearms policy, even with ill-thought-out good intent.

For all you Starbucks haters (haters gotta hate, even when you claim you don't/won't go there), I just returned from Starbucks, which is why I'm late to this party. The latte was great, no one got kicked out, and I know there was at least one gun on the premises. I do intend to return again.

It is so easy-and millennial like--to blame an entire corporation or business for the stupidity of an individual employee. If all companies were to fire all inept employees and/or fold up under public demands, there wouldn't be any companies left. True, typical shotgun response--blast everyone, both innocent and guilty. How about just dealing with the wayward individual involved and move on, nothing to see here. Some of you sound just like how you say "they" sound...

And I seriously doubt those officers will have to pay for their next cup of coffee at Starbucks.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Haven't been in a Starbucks in 3-4 years simply because I hate their coffee and the prices are absurd. Just can't get my mind around the attitude some people have towards law enforcement officers.
    Mike1956 and Gabill like this.
    .................................................. ............
    SIG P365, Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP ii; Wife's: Sig P238, LCP ii, Remington 11-87 20G

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    Have to wonder if the "uncomfortable" customer had some warrants.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

The LEOís shoulda called their buddies and SWAT, offering to buy.
    Sit outside on the patio and enjoy.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Senior Member Array Petroleum 1's Avatar
    My girlfriend gets a Starbucks every day. I go to the circle K next door. The Starbucks crap is terrible. Corporate needs to make it right and can the dumb barista.
    The Old Anglo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    Never have we been more divided. And on our national Independence Day no less.

Five Arizona police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks coffee shop on July 4 after a customer complained to staff that she Ďdidnít feel safeí with them there. The worker is said to have told them to either move out of the complaining customerís line of sight or leave the premises entirely.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...feel-safe.html
    Lets do the math.....5 officers buying $8.00 coffee = $40.00.....one complaining customer buying 1 cup of $8.00 coffee = $8.00.....now 5 officers tell their fellow officers; their spouses; and their friends......could cost Starbucks a bunch of $'s.....plus I would let the owner of Starbuck's know about the incident....plus didn't a Starbuck employee get fired or disciplined for asking a couple of B/M's to leave when they asked to use the bathroom and the police were called? I dont like; buy; or go to Starbucks over extremely high cost of average coffee!

Well, Starbucks says we're sorry. Sending a lady exec to soothe things over. Too little, too late! Fire the offending barista is a good start!

https://stories.starbucks.com/press/...ce-department/
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

Senior Member Array KevinRohrer's Avatar
    I was in Tempe last week, and there are 3-Starbucks within a block of each other and in the shadow of Arizona State University. I bet it was an ASU snowflake. I hope/expect the clueless. Barista to get canned.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
    Haven't been in a Starbucks in 3-4 years simply because I hate their coffee and the prices are absurd. Just can't get my mind around the attitude some people have towards law enforcement officers.
    I'm right there with you on the coffee and the prices. Their high visibility public relations gaffs make me wonder, but haven't changed my buying habits.
    Hatchee likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Never could understand the allure of crappy coffee and high prices. That being said, the problem is the individual employee this time. It's time to open up a new can of servers - this one's gone goofy. Let's put the responsibility where it lies.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

I would ask for a formal letter stating police were not welcome/wanted and add them to a do not respond list.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It is so easy-and millennial like--to blame an entire corporation or business for the stupidity of an individual employee.
    I disagree. Corporate policy sets the tone for the kinds of people the job attracts and/or retains.

Suppose there were two coffee shops on opposite sides of the street with "help wanted" signs in their windows. Behind the ordering counter of the East Side Shoppe is a large poster of Colin Kaepernick flanked by two Black Lives Matter flags, meanwhile behind the ordering counter of the West Side Shoppe is a large poster of Donald Trump flanked by two American Flags. Both shops offer the same wages and hours, and use the same employment application forms. Do YOU think those posters and flags will have zero effect on the kinds of people who will apply for a job at those particular establishments? Do YOU think one of those coffee houses is more likely (not 100%, just more likely) than the other coffee house to attract, or dissuade, potential employees that will be inclined to sympathize with cop-hating customers?

In the press announcement from Starbucks, Rossann Williams, executive vice president, president U.S. Retail, says, "they should have been welcomed and treated with dignity and the utmost respect by our partners (employees) ..."

That "euphemism negates reality" mentality attracts certain kinds of people and repels others. If I am a partner, I want a partnership agreement with terms and conditions and penalty clauses, not a W-2 -- and I am not inclined to side with cop-hating customers.
    Bigsteve113 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skolnick View Post
    I disagree. Corporate policy sets the tone for the kinds of people the job attracts and/or retains.

Suppose there were two coffee shops on opposite sides of the street with "help wanted" signs in their windows. Behind the ordering counter of the East Side Shoppe is a large poster of Colin Kaepernick flanked by two Black Lives Matter flags, meanwhile behind the ordering counter of the West Side Shoppe is a large poster of Donald Trump flanked by two American Flags. Both shops offer the same wages and hours, and use the same employment application forms. Do YOU think those posters and flags will have zero effect on the kinds of people who will apply for a job at those particular establishments? Do YOU think one of those coffee houses is more likely (not 100%, just more likely) than the other coffee house to attract, or dissuade, potential employees that will be inclined to sympathize with cop-hating customers?

In the press announcement from Starbucks, Rossann Williams, executive vice president, president U.S. Retail, says, "they should have been welcomed and treated with dignity and the utmost respect by our partners (employees) ..."

That "euphemism negates reality" mentality attracts certain kinds of people and repels others. If I am a partner, I want a partnership agreement with terms and conditions and penalty clauses, not a W-2 -- and I am not inclined to side with cop-hating customers.
    I worked for Starbucks before many of you ever heard of it. It was a good company to work for, if you like that kind of a job. It got me through college for a while but was never what I would consider a career any more than managing a McDs. The images of the corporate "environment" are largely the product of imaginations that have seldom if ever frequented the business. The corporate environment is all about customer satisfaction, not political persuasion at all. Yes, Starbucks presents itself as "upscale," something the discount, off-brand coffee drinkers cannot appreciate.

It's a bit like two Italian restaurants: one an upscale, pricey venue with lots of atmosphere, the other a fill-your-gut-with spaghetti joint. You're going to have different classes of customers at both. Doesn't make one any better or worse than the other--just different tastes for different folks. Some think a Western Sizzler ribeye is just as good as an expensive, aged ribeye from a high-dollar steak house. Odds are they've never eaten in the high-dollar restaurant.

I'm not real sure what you might expect Starbucks corporation to state beyond that is not our policy nor is it acceptable. Clearly this individual employee's actions are not the "tone" the company seeks. Not once in all my visits to a SB have I ever seen nor experienced any of the attitudes of which so many claim. As for the SB atmosphere, either you get it or you don't. I'm sure the local Stop & Rob day-old-brew atmosphere is more suitable for some.

Don't want to pay $5 for a latte? Don't. I don't pay $100-plus for $40 sneakers either, regardless of name brand.
    msgt/ret, sdprof and Gabill like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'm not real sure what you might expect Starbucks corporation to state beyond that is not our policy nor is it acceptable.
    I was not commenting on the quality of the apology, I was commenting on the likely corporate mentality indicated by Rossann Williams' use of the euphemism "partners".

The use of that euphemism is indicative (to me) that the corporation has policies that attract certain mentalities over other mentalities. If that is so, then it is not wrong to blame the corporation for the actions of a single employee when the hiring of employees of a certain mindset are the result of corporate policy.

If corporate policy is to greet each customer with a smile and a "how can I help you?" and one employee snarls "yeah what?", then it is not correct to blame the corporation, but if it is corporate policy to hire people who don't like cops and one of them overtly expresses that hatred, then it is fair to blame the corporation.

The product or service, or value offered, is irrelevant.
    PPS1980 likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links