LEO asked to leave an AZ Starbucks - Page 6

LEO asked to leave an AZ Starbucks

This is a discussion on LEO asked to leave an AZ Starbucks within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Cut to the chase, there's only 3 people involved. The complantant; the customers [ leo's ] and the manager. Manager allowed it, employee created it, ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree239Likes

Thread: LEO asked to leave an AZ Starbucks

Cut to the chase, there's only 3 people involved. The complantant; the customers [ leo's ] and the manager.

Manager allowed it, employee created it, the leo's are victims of discrimination.
    Havok, Instymp and Frodebro like this.

Amazed that 76 posts written about STUPID employees who do stupid things.
    Were they anti LEO? Who knows, maybe they just did not know how to handle the situation due to low IQs.
    Does anyone think Starbucks corporate is anti LEO? No, like any corporation, they are only pro things, specifically profit.
    OldVet likes this.
    " Keep Packin' On The Bimah"

U.S.A.F. 1966-1971 1821-H O-3

"DISLOYAL JEW"

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    Amazed that 76 posts written about STUPID employees who do stupid things.
    Were they anti LEO? Who knows, maybe they just did not know how to handle the situation due to low IQs.
    Does anyone think Starbucks corporate is anti LEO? No, like any corporation, they are only pro things, specifically profit.
    Unfortunately too many corporations are actually ANTI things these days. Ben & Jerry's, Starbucks, and far too many. Oh for the days when all corporations were interested in was maximizing profits.......
    Holmes375 likes this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Skolnick View Post
    How so?

How so?
    OV answered it pretty well. The only thing that I will add is that in the case of the officers, the employees were responding to a complaint. It was a stupid complaint that I would have handled much differently, but a complaint none the less. The first instance was something that the employees created all on their own.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    I know that and was being facetious. However, it would be a nice payback for their arrogance.
    Sorry. My "facetious" button was broken. But I agree with you.
    The More People I Meet the More I Like My Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by ShenandoahValley View Post
    Sorry. My "facetious" button was broken. But I agree with you.
    You're fine and we're good.

Saw two local police in a nice restaurant yesterday having lunch. After I finished my lunch with a friend, I stopped by their table and said, "So this is how you spend our tax money". It was all in good jest and they knew it. We know our local police and we all get along great. It's a small community and nothing like some places where it seems to be an "us and them" thing.

In which part of the Shenandoah do you reside? Which town are you closest to?
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Unfortunately too many corporations are actually ANTI things these days. Ben & Jerry's, Starbucks, and far too many. Oh for the days when all corporations were interested in was maximizing profits.......
    And just what is Starbucks "anti" about? Can you show any evidence where Starbucks has stated it is anti anything?

People keep claiming that, but the fact is the company attempts to correct errant employee behavior whenever it happens. I don't know what anyone expects it to do otherwise.
    msgt/ret, Tstone and Instymp like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

You're fine and we're good.

Saw two local police in a nice restaurant yesterday having lunch. After I finished my lunch with a friend, I stopped by their table and said, "So this is how you spend our tax money". It was all in good jest and they knew it. We know our local police and we all get along great. It's a small community and nothing like some places where it seems to be an "us and them" thing.

In which part of the Shenandoah do you reside? Which town are you closest to?
    Out in the mountains west of Woodstock/Edinburg.

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    And just what is Starbucks "anti" about? Can you show any evidence where Starbucks has stated it is anti anything?

People keep claiming that, but the fact is the company attempts to correct errant employee behavior whenever it happens. I don't know what anyone expects it to do otherwise.
    It has to be very difficult to have "millennial" employees.
    Frodebro and Instymp like this.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Quote Originally Posted by kukla View Post
    It has to be very difficult to have "millennial" employees.
    Any business that does not have a career-oriented base of employees is likely to be in this situation. Flipping burgers and passing them out the drive-through window isn't attractive to long-term loyal employees. Most are working their way through school at some level or just not educated nor trained to achieve much more.

My term with Starbucks was just such--nighttime/weekend employment to put a paycheck in my pockets while I completed a two-year degree. Of the dozen or so non-fulltime, none considered the job as a career. Only the manager and assistant manager were even fulltime employees.
    msgt/ret, Tstone and Instymp like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by ShenandoahValley View Post
    Out in the mountains west of Woodstock/Edinburg.
    I'm in western Prince William County about three miles from the mountains. Ever go to Melting Pot Pizza in Front Royal?
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Distinguished Member
    Something is really wrong if that employee and manager weren't fired. And they need to provide free coffee to the entire police force.

Senior Member Array KevinRohrer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    Something is really wrong if that employee and manager weren't fired. And they need to provide free coffee to the entire police force.
    Am willing to bet the barista is now on the unemployment line. Can't speak for the manager, but if that person agreed w/ the barista, he/she/it also needs to be canned. Starbucks is very sensitive to criticism, so am guessing they took definite action to correct the problem so it would not happen again.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

I'm in western Prince William County about three miles from the mountains. Ever go to Melting Pot Pizza in Front Royal?
    Lived in PW and Manassas City for 42 years. Oh yes, love their Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Any business that does not have a career-oriented base of employees is likely to be in this situation. Flipping burgers and passing them out the drive-through window isn't attractive to long-term loyal employees. Most are working their way through school at some level or just not educated nor trained to achieve much more.

My term with Starbucks was just such--nighttime/weekend employment to put a paycheck in my pockets while I completed a two-year degree. Of the dozen or so non-fulltime, none considered the job as a career. Only the manager and assistant manager were even fulltime employees.
    It must be very difficult to work along side "millennial" co-employees.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links