LEO asked to leave an AZ Starbucks - Page 7

LEO asked to leave an AZ Starbucks

This is a discussion on LEO asked to leave an AZ Starbucks within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ShenandoahValley Lived in PW and Manassas City for 42 years. Oh yes, love their Buffalo Chicken Pizza I love their "All the ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: LEO asked to leave an AZ Starbucks

Quote Originally Posted by ShenandoahValley View Post
    Lived in PW and Manassas City for 42 years. Oh yes, love their Buffalo Chicken Pizza
    I love their "All the Way" pizza. Nothing else like it.

If you haven't been to western PW county of late, there have been one heck of a lot of changes. Compared to just 20 years ago, the changes are mind-boggling.
    ShenandoahValley likes this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by kukla View Post
    It must be very difficult to work along side "millennial" co-employees.
    I work with the exceptions to the norm, but from a military officer standpoint I think our country will stay in good hands.

During my frequent travels I meet with many Ltís. Yesterday included one-on-one candid closed door career counselings between about a dozen O-1/2s and this crusty O-6. OMG theyíre so young! But theyíre still full of spit and vinegar, excited to be trusted to lead our airmen, are better educated and trained than I was at that point, and their future plans indicate a drive to serve thatís no less than any previous generations. When I stared at the old and busted one eyed warrior in the mirror last night, I felt good about the future of our AF.

There is still a core of our youth that isnít anything like the stereotypes; they get it, and will do you proud.
    msgt/ret, AzQkr, OldVet and 4 others like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by kukla View Post
    It must be very difficult to work along side "millennial" co-employees.
    That depends upon how much fun one wants to have messing with them.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    I work with the exceptions to the norm, but from a military officer standpoint I think our country will stay in good hands.

During my frequent travels I meet with many Ltís. Yesterday included one-on-one candid closed door career counselings between about a dozen O-1/2s and this crusty O-6. OMG theyíre so young! But theyíre still full of spit and vinegar, excited to be trusted to lead our airmen, are better educated and trained than I was at that point, and their future plans indicate a drive to serve thatís no less than any previous generations. When I stared at the old and busted one eyed warrior in the mirror last night, I felt good about the future of our AF.

There is still a core of our youth that isnít anything like the stereotypes; they get it, and will do you proud.
    I would suspect that millennial military personnel, as well as L.E.O.s, first responders, etc. would be a cut (at least) above the general populace.
    And that's encouraging, because the examples that I see in the millennial general populace look pretty pathetic.
    graydude and flh like this.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    I love their "All the Way" pizza. Nothing else like it.

If you haven't been to western PW county of late, there have been one heck of a lot of changes. Compared to just 20 years ago, the changes are mind-boggling.
    My son is still there as are some of my wife's relatives. We only moved away in 15 and still get in there once in a blue moon.
    The More People I Meet the More I Like My Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by ShenandoahValley View Post
    My son is still there as are some of my wife's relatives. We only moved away in 15 and still get in there once in a blue moon.
    Parts of the area are fine and the development has been a real benefit for those who call this are "home". But some is a little over the top and does raise some concerns. I like Warrenton and Manassas and for us, Manassas is "going into town". We escaped Arlington in 1998 because it was just becoming a bastion of liberalism in thought and deed. Several things broke that final straw and sent us looking elsewhere for a new home. I grew up in the city of Falls Church and it hardly resembles what it was back in the 50's and 60's. Kinda of a shame.
    ShenandoahValley likes this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Sponsored Links