U.S. GO in Afghanistan still likes his 1911 - Page 2

U.S. GO in Afghanistan still likes his 1911

This is a discussion on U.S. GO in Afghanistan still likes his 1911 within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Smitty901 General is a rank that is allowed to purchase and use a personal firearm of their choosing. I have never seen ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: U.S. GO in Afghanistan still likes his 1911

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    General is a rank that is allowed to purchase and use a personal firearm of their choosing. I have never seen where they changed that regulation.

Tehnically 10 USC 2574 allows the military to sell a firearm to any rank at any time. That said, the Service Secretary's have the authority and they have limited it to General Officers. The Army's General Officer Management Office handles unique requests for issue sidearms (ones that go beyond the Beretta M9 and now the Sig M18)
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo View Post
    Tehnically 10 USC 2574 allows the military to sell a firearm to any rank at any time. That said, the Service Secretary's have the authority and they have limited it to General Officers. The Army's General Officer Management Office handles unique requests for issue sidearms (ones that go beyond the Beretta M9 and now the Sig M18)
    45 have been issued in some case for several years now. But Military reg prevent they carry of a non issue firearm . Except a General. Goes way back at one time you could carry anything you could get but in time general was they on rank left that could.
    The general paid for his own. Again unless they changed it. My m9 served me just fine. Once I got of the anger of giving up the 45.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    45 have been issued in some case for several years now. But Military reg prevent they carry of a non issue firearm . Except a General. Goes way back at one time you could carry anything you could get but in time general was they on rank left that could.
    The general paid for his own. Again unless they changed it. My m9 served me just fine. Once I got of the anger of giving up the 45.
    Once they are promoted to GO they get the GO swag like the pistol, belt, etc. If a GO wants something special it goes through the General Officer Pistol Program under the General Officer Management Office. What happens is the pistol is allowed to be purchased by the GO or it is a loan until they retire at which point they can also purchase the pistol. Most GOs use the loan option unit they retire and then they purchase their personal pistol from the Army.

See this article about the process.
    MMinSC and Nmuskier like this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links