Another Don't Be That Guy Award

This is a discussion on Another Don't Be That Guy Award within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sometimes, the stupid really does hurt. An armed security guard at an IRS office in Toledo, Ohio points gun at a Lucas county deputy sheriff ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Another Don't Be That Guy Award

VIP Member

Sometimes, the stupid really does hurt. An armed security guard at an IRS office in Toledo, Ohio points gun at a Lucas county deputy sheriff in uniform. Stupidity can come in waves, as another IRS employee calls 911 with a MWAG report, failing to mention that the man is a uniformed police officer:

"Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

And now we know who got the guns and ammo that IRS purchased in bulk a few years back.

Let’s hope Homeland has a better selection process.
    “Beware of people who brag about who they are. A lion will never have to tell you he is a lion.”

VIP Member
    I guess the guard left his box of rocks at home. What a marooon.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Ignorance is its own reward.

Hard to imagine this taking place but then stupid knows no bounds, does it? A simple, "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see your uniform" (assuming that's the truth) while he holstered his sidearm would have gone a long way to defuse a bad situation. Maybe we're looking at a failed mall cop who daydreams about saving the world.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

It sounds as if that company is hiring mall ninjas for security work. They better raise hiring standards.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Not guilty? Howe about adding false imprisonment or whatever for hindering the officer's attempt to escape the loonie bin?
    The Old Anglo and bigmacque like this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    It sounds as if that company is hiring mall ninjas for security work. They better raise hiring standards.
    That is my first thought as well, if he cannot recognize a man in uniform as a law enforcement officer he is about as bright as a 5 watt bulb in a sports cathedral.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Stupidest thing I've seen all week - but the week is young.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Distinguished Member
    Rent-a-cops with guns always get my attention. By any standard they are so undertrained as to be a potential menace as was the guard in the video. The deputy kept his cool. That is professionalism in spades.
    dangerranger and ButtShot14 like this.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Distinguished Member
    Recalls to me the basketball arena that refused to allow the Sheriff to enter armed to monitor his deputies hired for security. The morons at the arena actually argued that since he wasn’t “on duty” he was just another MWAG. Stupid is as stupid does.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Bravo to the security guard....yes you read that correctly. Simply being a uniformed police officer does not automatically allow you to carry your firearm into restricted areas. If he was on personal business, the same rules regarding firearms would apply to him as they do to the general public.

"Federal laws or regulations are not superseded by LEOSA. Qualified officers may not carry concealed weapons onto aircraft under the act. They also cannot carry firearms into federal buildings or onto federal property. However, in February 2010, a federal statute took effect authorizing individuals to carry concealed weapons into national parks if they have complied with the carry concealed rules of the state or states in which the park is located.49 Of course, this federal statute will not change the fact that it is unlawful to carry a firearm into federal buildings, even in a national park.50 This would include facilities, such as visitor’s centers, museums, and restrooms."
    awanatech likes this.
    .................................................. ............
    SIG P365, Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP ii; Wife's: Sig P238, LCP ii, Remington 11-87 20G

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
    Bravo to the security guard....yes you read that correctly. Simply being a uniformed police officer does not automatically allow you to carry your firearm into restricted areas. If he was on personal business, the same rules regarding firearms would apply to him as they do to the general public.

"Federal laws or regulations are not superseded by LEOSA. Qualified officers may not carry concealed weapons onto aircraft under the act. They also cannot carry firearms into federal buildings or onto federal property. However, in February 2010, a federal statute took effect authorizing individuals to carry concealed weapons into national parks if they have complied with the carry concealed rules of the state or states in which the park is located.49 Of course, this federal statute will not change the fact that it is unlawful to carry a firearm into federal buildings, even in a national park.50 This would include facilities, such as visitor’s centers, museums, and restrooms."
    So you believe the aggravated menacing charge to be unwarranted?
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

VIP Member
    I gotta get out of this post - I can feel my IQ dropping.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    That is my first thought as well, if he cannot recognize a man in uniform as a law enforcement officer he is about as bright as a 5 watt bulb in a sports cathedral.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    So you believe the aggravated menacing charge to be unwarranted?
    Not an attorney nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I do know that Federal Buildings have their own set of rules.

Did the uniformed officer check-in when he entered the building? Was he asked to leave his firearm with security and refuse? Not enough info given.

Gaston is now suing the security company Ekland is employed by and for lost wages. He says he suffered emotional and psychological distress, and remains on medical leave........

ETA: police uniforms for rent - $20 a day Police Uniforms For Film - Thrifty Rents - Costumes $20 A Day
    .................................................. ............
    SIG P365, Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP ii; Wife's: Sig P238, LCP ii, Remington 11-87 20G

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links