California Launches "Cradle-To-Career" Data System To Track Everything About Children - Page 2

California Launches "Cradle-To-Career" Data System To Track Everything About Children

This is a discussion on California Launches "Cradle-To-Career" Data System To Track Everything About Children within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Struckat What will they do with the kids deemed, “Not suitable for indoctrination,” take them out to Death Valley? No. Just dump ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: California Launches "Cradle-To-Career" Data System To Track Everything About Children

Quote Originally Posted by Struckat View Post
    What will they do with the kids deemed, “Not suitable for indoctrination,” take them out to Death Valley?
    No. Just dump 'em on some street in San Francisco.

What will they do with the kids deemed, “Not suitable for indoctrination,” take them out to Death Valley?
    Those not tracking the correct agenda will be sent to indoctrination schools until their thing in corrected . Parents will also be dealt with .
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Another reason I’m glad I no longer live there.
    You and me and CG11.
    Havok and CG11 like this.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I couldn’t find it, but there was a thread here a few years ago about this happening in England.

The Stasi knows all.
    So when little Johnny wants to get into any type of state college, the “Authorities” deny admission based on things he has done in the past.
    “Little Johnny has four entires in his record from 1st to 4th grade for being disruptive. And from 7th to 12th grade, he was tardy nine times. I am sorry Mr. Smith, but we simply cannot have a student like that on our campus.”
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Another reason I’m glad I no longer live there.
    Agreed, this Cali native now finds the very best view of the state is in one's rear view mirror.
    Havok, montejames and CG11 like this.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Big Brother knows best.

First, from the article, this is not some new idea:
    As of 2016, California was one of only eight states that either didn’t have or wasn’t building a “longitudinal” data system.
    Calfornia has several systems, but they don't talk to each other. My daughter still thinks she was in a data experiment. When she changed schools, her data did not transfer with her. This happened several times, one result was that it completely removed her from the special-ed programs. When she got to middle school they had no record of her ever having received services.

But only by linking the systems, tracking students’ student outcomes as they move through school, will legislators, educators, researchers and the public begin to answer fundamental policy questions, such as:
    • Are early education investments paying off long-term as students progress through education systems and the workforce?
    • Are community college reforms increasing completion rates at CSU and UC?
    • How prepared are high school students to succeed in college?
    • Which career-technical education programs in high school lead to more college degrees, workplace certifications and higher pay?
    • What are the long-term effects of access to state financial aid?
    These are legitimate questions to ask. By researching longitudinal data we can find what works, and equally important, what doesn't work. As school districts are continually pressured to become more efficient, in terms of output quality vs. cost, data can help guide decisions much better than 'gut feel' ever will.

As an example, Florida was able to document that if a child is not reading at grade level, their predicted life outcomes were significantly worse. This longitudinal data allowed them to determine where that threshold of 'at level' needs to be before significant predicted life outcomes are impacted. This gives the school the data they need when the parents are demanding that their child advances with his class.

This is also useful in policy-level decisions. No one argues that interrupting the 'school to prison pipeline' is essential. The place the disagreements occur is when trying to determine which policies will best serve to provide the best life outcomes. As an example, the above mentioned, reading level at grade three is more commonly being used in hold back decisions as it is clearly correlated with better life outcomes, even when the negative impact of a holdback decision is taken into account.

Yes, it is a bit 'big-brotherish.' However, better data can drive better policies, producing better outcomes.

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    "partner entities"...government school, does that ring a bell?
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

I cannot understand why people continue to reside in this communist state. I would surmise this data would be sold to any seller who would gladly pay for such demographics.

Quote Originally Posted by pskys2 View Post
    Well heck there goes another Multi-Billion Dollars that will be wasted 1) to justify spending More Billions on pie in the sky remedies the "data" will show need fixed (like how single parent households start a child at a disadvantage duh ) 2) give pedophiles easier access to their preferred targets (all the data's in one place now).

Government think at its finest.

What gets me is how collecting and archiving data can get so expensive?
    Only to find out that their education system sucks! They will need billions more to make it right! DR
    pskys2 likes this.

Put them in the "Concentration Camps' that are no longer used for holding illegal aliens!

I know there are some good folks in California, and I do feel sorry for those folks.
    But, I think they should just wall that state off or better yet impeach 90% of the politicians for violating the Constitution on a regular basis.

Senior Moderator
    I can't believe anyone trusts a government to do anything well.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member
    Maybe with good DNA data they can track where the excrement on San Francisco's streets is coming from.
    So who is this Will that everybody fires at, what did he do, and how come he's not dead yet??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links