Is this what we have to look forward to in the U.S.???

This is a discussion on Is this what we have to look forward to in the U.S.??? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Back in 2009 my wife and I spent a week in Malmo, Sweden, a small town that is now considered a high risk city due ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Is this what we have to look forward to in the U.S.???

Back in 2009 my wife and I spent a week in Malmo, Sweden, a small town that is now considered a high risk city due to problems with migrants who are not assimilating into the Swedish population. We walked all over the city and saw no problems. Looks like times have changed.

CG11, airslot and ETXhiker like this.
    So many weapons, so little time.

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

I wish I knew if this is what we have to look forward to. I think about it a lot. I wish there was a way to predict how our mess will turn out.
    G26Raven and airslot like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    Yes, unless we get our immigration under control. Anyone want to venture a guess on what percentage of the incarcerated (found guilty and sentenced for OTHER than illegal entry into the US) in the US are illegals? That is MINUS the ones we try to send back of course.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Is this what we have to look forward to in the U.S.?

Unfortunately, yes!
    G26Raven, OldChap, Havok and 1 others like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

As for me and my house, we're with Teddy...

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.

But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
    —Theodore Roosevelt, 1907
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Ex Member
    Some might argue that we are already there, varying only by a matter of degree.

Well, let's see. We have sanctuary cities, disrespect for the Law and those who try to enforce it, a major movement and the Democratic party who are set on undermining the entire notion of border control, major cities where the elected leaders order their police to stand down and refuse to cooperate with federal agencies to detain and deport criminal aliens, and a citizenry who seem to view it all as their daily entertainment! So, yes, I'd say that's exactly where we are headed, and at a fast rate!
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

The absolute greatest thing my son has ever done for me is NOT had children! (He's 46)

I don't have to worry about any grandkids that I leave behind when I die.

WHAT A SAD THING TO SAY, BUT TRUE.
    G26Raven, sdprof, airslot and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Some might argue that we are already there, varying only by a matter of degree.
    I agree with you, but it is mostly based on what I read in the news. I have to admit, even though I live near, and occasionally visit, a fairly high crime, very PC city, other than having my car broken into once years ago, I personally have had no problems whatsoever and I haven't met anyone who has had any problems other than petty crime. Maybe I just hang with a lucky crowd.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

My daughter visited Stockholm a few years back and said the immigrant problem was bad then. With their policies, it could only have gotten worse.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member
    I have no problem with those that legally immigrate to the U.S. AND are willing to assimilate into our culture. We get both native born and immigrants here that complain about how we do things here - all I can say is to go visit other countries and then come back and tell me that this country is garbage. Some people you just can't please.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

The handwriting is certainly on the wall here. The question is are any of our leaders actually reading it. We're already in trouble if Detroit is any indicator.

We're there. Look at the current new legislators known as "the Squad". Heard a positive word about America from any one of them? More will be elected next go around.

Need further proof of our current position? Check out the NYPD being doused with water buckets citizen thugs:

https://nypost.com/2019/07/22/total-...kets-of-water/

Never in my wildest dreams would I have believed this could ever happen in our country. Truly sad, and yes, we have arrived.
    G26Raven and ETXhiker like this.

Why don't we ever get immigrants from good countries? There has to be decent Swedes that do not want to live in a Muslim slum and would love to flee to America. All we get are third world barbarians.
    G26Raven likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    Why don't we ever get immigrants from good countries? There has to be decent Swedes that do not want to live in a Muslim slum and would love to flee to America. All we get are third world barbarians.
    My great grandparents came here from Sweden. Lucky for me...
    MMinSC and G26Raven like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links