US AG Barr wants to spy on you. - Page 2

US AG Barr wants to spy on you.

This is a discussion on US AG Barr wants to spy on you. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by NECCdude https://www.foxnews.com/tech/attorne...encrypted-apps I don't want it to sound like I'm against law enforcement but I'm not willing to give up my right ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: US AG Barr wants to spy on you.

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/tech/attorne...encrypted-apps

I don't want it to sound like I'm against law enforcement but I'm not willing to give up my right to privacy or my 4A or 5A rights.
    He is not advocating spying, he is advocating being able to search with a warrant encrypted electronic data. The author of the article may not know what he is doing or may be making it intentionally inflammatory to certain people.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

DG
    Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    Illegal activity. is illegal no matter what. No good people will try to write a "ILLEGAL" crap on the net ; ) JMO YOMV
    H/D
    You're correct. The problem is deciding what exactly constitutes "legal". If it was cut an dry, all those lawyers would be unnecessary, wouldn't they? But leave it open to interpretation, and you get lawyers, and judges, and courts, and appeals courts, and it just goes on and on.
    Simplistic solutions to complex problems seldom produce satisfying results.

DG
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    He is not advocating spying, he is advocating being able to search with a warrant encrypted electronic data. The author of the article may not know what he is doing or may be making it intentionally inflammatory to certain people.
    The author knew what he was doing. Write it so you would read it.
    Simplistic solutions to complex problems seldom produce satisfying results.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Sponsor
    It's not about law enforcement, it's about the courts. LE is just the enforcement arm of the courts decisions. This law doesn't get introduced to law enforcement, it gets introduced through the courts and THEY make the rules leo's will abide by.

Once again, members want to have leo's take it in the shorts for a court's decision. Take it up with the courts, not lea"s.
    Bad Bob, LimaCharlie and OldChap like this.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    Blurry is probably an understatement, my friend. We have two political parties whose representatives cater to the wealthy. All the rest of it is showbiz.
    And yet people think it’s a two party system. Tip em upside down and they are all the same.
    All that is left is to review the Venezuela time line and plan accordingly.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Distinguished Member
    Barr has demonstrated through his statements and actions that he disregards 2A, 4A, 5A, and the traditional role of the AG to be the attorney for the people of the US rather than for political allies. He is undeniable evidence of the administration’s disregard for our rights as gun owners who they pledged to defend. I am disgusted with the revolving door of promises not kept and positions reversed.
    Risasi and NECCdude like this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Barr has demonstrated through his statements and actions that he disregards 2A, 4A, 5A, and the traditional role of the AG to be the attorney for the people of the US rather than for political allies. He is undeniable evidence of the administration’s disregard for our rights as gun owners who they pledged to defend. I am disgusted with the revolving door of promises not kept and positions reversed.
    That's every administration since old George took office
    jmf552, msgt/ret and LimaCharlie like this.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    That's every administration since old George took office
    I agree, but in most cases the administration did not take such a definitive stance as the current one. Recall the assurances about 2A during the election, and compare that to the inaction on reciprocity and the action on bump stocks. Then recall the dismissal of suppressors as “never liked them.” Sometimes ******** is betrayal.

The administration has been decrying snooping into its activities pre and post election, but now is protesting that it does not have enough authority ot leeway to snoop into others affairs. Yes, deception has become a norm in government, and that is why I do not trust this administration as I have it trusted past administrations.

My most personal experience was the election of 1964. I could not vote in the 1960 election because I was not 21. I was in tha Corpsnad could die for my country but could not vote in its elections. Fortunately the voting age was later changed.

In the run up to the 1964 election I was in the Corps. I had Ben in the invasion force for the Bay of Pigs and the Cuban Missile Crisis. I was an observer world politics since I might have to die because of them. Vietnam was on my mind because since 1961 the Corps was sending advisors there. I read and studied the related issues. I came to an independent conclusion that a war in Nam would be folly.

I voted fir LBJ because he said he wiukd not send Americans to fight a war that Vietnamese ought to fight. I preferred Goldwater on every other issue, but he would not commit to anything other than winning a war in Nam if we went there, and I was dead set on our not going there. So I voted for Johnson. He then sent 500,000 of us to Nam. I went as it was my duty.

So I learned that a politician will promise anything to get elected, and nothing has changed since that moment of enlightenment.
    Holmes375 and AzQkr like this.

Only with a warrant.
    OneGunTX and The Old Anglo like this.
    “I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on. I don’t do these things to other people and I require the same from them.” John Wayne - The Shootist

"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." Seneca

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    It's not about law enforcement, it's about the courts. LE is just the enforcement arm of the courts decisions. This law doesn't get introduced to law enforcement, it gets introduced through the courts and THEY make the rules leo's will abide by.

Once again, members want to have leo's take it in the shorts for a court's decision. Take it up with the courts, not lea"s.
    To some extent, what you say it true...but law enforcement across the board is never satisfied with the authority it has...always wants more so they can make more cases. The Congress may pass the laws, however, they have no problem getting law enforcement to campaign for passage of over encroachment.

I am not anti LE, but I am not naive enough to think that LE is devoted to looking after our best interest.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Not a Barr fan...
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Senior Moderator
    Argh......

NO!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    Well, Mr Barr has the President's ear and the courts are filled with judges who have the President's ear so good luck trying to stop him from getting what he wants.
    Wait! The judges have the president's ear? In what part of the country? There are a number of activist judges that have been stepping way out of bounds with various rulings.
    LimaCharlie and msgt/ret like this.
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Shootnlead View Post
    I am not anti LE, but I am not naive enough to think that LE is devoted to looking after our best interest.
    "We're here to help you..."

Uh-huh.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    Illegal activity. is illegal no matter what. No good people will try to write a "ILLEGAL" crap on the net ; ) JMO YOMV
    H/D
    I recall that some murderer posted the details of murdering his girlfriend on social media. I believe that happened within the last couple of weeks. An all around moron and bad guy.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links