US AG Barr wants to spy on you.

This is a discussion on US AG Barr wants to spy on you. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; https://www.foxnews.com/tech/attorne...encrypted-apps I don't want it to sound like I'm against law enforcement but I'm not willing to give up my right to privacy or my ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: US AG Barr wants to spy on you.

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/attorne...encrypted-apps

I don't want it to sound like I'm against law enforcement but I'm not willing to give up my right to privacy or my 4A or 5A rights.
    CG11, Holmes375, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

Distinguished Member
    Without a warrant - XXXX yourself. Sorry, but this is just as much an encroachment on our rights as limiting firearms, "Red Flag" laws, etc. Stop already with the police state initiative Comrade!
    OldVet and OneGunTX like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

VIP Member
    To paraphrase a bit, those who trade privacy for security have neither. Go hawk your commie ideas elsewhere, comrade Barr.
    So who is this Will that everybody fires at, what did he do, and how come he's not dead yet??

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

DG
    Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/tech/attorne...encrypted-apps

I don't want it to sound like I'm against law enforcement but I'm not willing to give up my right to privacy or my 4A or 5A rights.

Do we actually have a "right to privacy". There are the inalienable rights of Life, Liberty, Pursuit of Happiness....but, privacy? We assume we have it while security cameras record our every movement, cell phones track us, on and on. I shop at Kroger and naturally have the Kroger value card. It has a record of everything that I ever purchased at Kroger. Who else has access to this information. If I suddenly developed a penchant for massive quantities of middle eastern food, would some government agency receive an alert? The point is that there is a tsunami of information about each of us already out there. Much of it we contribute ourselves. Posts on social media, whatever. Go for it. Even when people with evil intent post their intentions and leave breadcrumbs everywhere, the government can't pick up on it. So flood them with even more information to pick through. I'm just another tree in the forest Mr Barr. Good luck finding something that distinguishes me from the rest of them.
    Simplistic solutions to complex problems seldom produce satisfying results.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    Do we actually have a "right to privacy". There are the inalienable rights of Life, Liberty, Pursuit of Happiness....but, privacy? We assume we have it while security cameras record our every movement, cell phones track us, on and on. I shop at Kroger and naturally have the Kroger value card. It has a record of everything that I ever purchased at Kroger. Who else has access to this information. If I suddenly developed a penchant for massive quantities of middle eastern food, would some government agency receive an alert? The point is that there is a tsunami of information about each of us already out there. Much of it we contribute ourselves. Posts on social media, whatever. Go for it. Even when people with evil intent post their intentions and leave breadcrumbs everywhere, the government can't pick up on it. So flood them with even more information to pick through. I'm just another tree in the forest Mr Barr. Good luck finding something that distinguishes me from the rest of them.
    Right to be free of searches and seizures without a warrant or our permission, how about that? Your assertions about the Kroger card are completely irrelevant - you CHOSE to give them that information, but many of us don't.

Seriously, quibbling is so fun but gets us nowhere. The assertion by the US AG is that law enforcement should be able to open anything they want on their own initiative. Problem is they need a pesky warrant now. At its simplest rendering, this is another instance of US law enforcement (yes the US AG is the lead law enforcement official in the country) asking for even more erosion of the Bill of Rights (lets not talk about the secret courts that issue warrants that the target has no right to know about, let alone offer counter evidence against that we already have).
    msgt/ret likes this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

DG
    Well, Mr Barr has the President's ear and the courts are filled with judges who have the President's ear so good luck trying to stop him from getting what he wants.

As @PPS1980 stated, this is no where near the same as a Shopping Card. These are applications you may use to have conversations with someone where you have the expectation of privacy - because they are encrypted. Once they open up the encryption then all expectations of privacy are lost.

DG
    Once again...

Well, Mr Barr has the President's ear and the courts are filled with judges who have the President's ear so good luck trying to stop him from getting what he wants.

Iíve never been a fan of Barr, but since Trump picked him heís obviously the best.
    Risasi and NECCdude like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

DG
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Iíve never been a fan of Barr, but since Trump picked him heís obviously the best.
    And there you go. I'm sure that Ms Ocasio-Cortez would fight tirelessly defending the right to privacy. Rather ironic, isn't it?
    Havok likes this.

Itís a messaging system on the internet.
    I for one have no illusions about privacy when it comes to the open air.
    You may as well stand on the roof an yell your plans to the world. Just donít get upset when others hear you.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

DG
    Quote Originally Posted by Struckat View Post
    Itís a messaging system on the internet.
    I for one have no illusions about privacy when it comes to the open air.
    You may as well stand on the roof an yell your plans to the world. Just donít get upset when others hear you.
    Or if nobody, including the government, pays attention.

And there you go. I'm sure that Ms Ocasio-Cortez would fight tirelessly defending the right to privacy. Rather ironic, isn't it?
    Typically republicans seem to be more anti 4a than dems from what I have seen, although lately the lines are getting more and more blurry.
    DG likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Illegal activity. is illegal no matter what. No good people will try to write a "ILLEGAL" crap on the net ; ) JMO YOMV
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

DG
    Blurry is probably an understatement, my friend. We have two political parties whose representatives cater to the wealthy. All the rest of it is showbiz.
    Struckat and wdbailey like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links