Philly cops heckled during shootout

This is a discussion on Philly cops heckled during shootout within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; With 6 wounded police officers, the responding officers report being heckled and having objects thrown at them from the onlookers. One cop was reportedly shoved ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Philly cops heckled during shootout

With 6 wounded police officers, the responding officers report being heckled and having objects thrown at them from the onlookers.
    One cop was reportedly shoved from behind while running to the aid of his comrades.
    This is happening WHILE the shootout is happening.
    Why anyone in their right mind would want to be a cop today is beyond me.
    And this is coming from a guy who grew up in a cop family.
    If the police are not wanted even while the bullets are flying , they should just quit responding until all the shooting has stopped and the
    threat is over. Give these people what the want and deserve.
    Hope the liberals are proud of themselves for demonizing all police.

But from much that I have seen, the police have brought much of this on themselves. I can't even remember the last time I had a positive experience with a police officer. Talk about a 1% club, the LEO seems to be the most unapproachable.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeK View Post
    But from much that I have seen, the police have brought much of this on themselves. I can't even remember the last time I had a positive experience with a police officer. Talk about a 1% club, the LEO seems to be the most unapproachable.

I respectfully disagree. The police have not brought this on themselves. They are responsible for the ambushes and assassinations, water being thrown on them, the disrespect they get?,
    Are there some bad characters on the force, of coarse. But name me an occupation that does not have them.
    For what we are asking them to do for us, and the treatment they receive, is there any wonder they act defensively
    I have found that if I treat them with respect, that is what i get back.
    Maybe you should reevaluate how you respond to your interactions with LEO's if you are always treated poorly.
    I have yet to have a bad experience.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I cant remember the last time I had a negative experience with a police officer.

I saw this. Very sad.

Did the cops act stupidly? Where is Colin during this standoff?
    MMinSC likes this.

I think there should be laws to prosecute people who interfere with police in any way in a situation like that. There have to be cops maintaining a perimeter in addition to the cops actually fighting the perp. Those perimeter cops should be busting people who are interfering.

I was impressed that one news outlet rightfully refused to show video footage of the active scene so that cops' positions and movements would not be broadcast thereby endangering them. That was good. I think there should be a law that broadcasting live footage of an active scene is a crime. That would include individuals posting on social media. This would not be 1A prior restraint. This would all be adjudicated after the fact.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by TheGurgeMan View Post
    I cant remember the last time I had a negative experience with a police officer.
    I can, but that was the only one, and that officer is know as a jerk here. If you can't get along with me you have an issue.
    Pete63 and ddrew like this.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunieta View Post
    +1

Pathetic!!
    .................................................. ............
    SIG P365, Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP ii; Wife's: Sig P238, LCP ii, Remington 11-87 20G

Distinguished Member
    Police never bring that sort of thing on themselves and the disrespect that the dumbocrats have heaped on them is completely inexcusable. Honestly, attitude of sworn officers varies WIDELY from department to department. I do training, as a volunteer for 7+ years, for our County Sheriff's office quarterly. They open the training up to surrounding departments as a courtesy. I have never, not once, had any issues with any Deputy of any of the sheriff's departments nor with any Trooper from the State Patrol. I have had several issues with arrogant SOBs from municipal PDs and school police (the worst IMHO). I love working with the local Sheriff's office. They're my LEOs and they are outstanding and have been nothing but a join to work with, but several of the local Municpal PDs.....they're another story. YMMV.
    Hatchee and ShooterGranny like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    If I were the PC, Iíd pull all my cops out of that neighborhood and let them all kill each other. Theyíre all big shots taunting and harassing cops...letís see how tough they are when they call 911 and no one shows up.

I looked up the neighborhood after this happened yesterday and it appears to have some of the lowest property values and income in the country.
    Hatchee, Pete63, viney266 and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StripesDude View Post
    If I were the PC, Iíd pull all my cops out of that neighborhood and let them all kill each other. Theyíre all big shots taunting and harassing cops...letís see how tough they are when they call 911 and no one shows up.

I looked up the neighborhood after this happened yesterday and it appears to have some of the lowest property values and income in the country.
    I'm from Philly (fortunately I now live in the Free State of Georgia) and that is not an area that you want to wander into unless you're in an armored vehicle IMHO. Last time it came up I was told the Cops travel in 2s and 4s down there.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    I'm from Philly (fortunately I now live in the Free State of Georgia) and that is not an area that you want to wander into unless you're in an armored vehicle IMHO. Last time it came up I was told the Cops travel in 2s and 4s down there.
    I can imagine. The average house sells for 21k. It sells for less than what the wood and bricks are worth!

It may literally be the worst neighborhood in the US.
    MMinSC and The Old Anglo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    I'm from Philly (fortunately I now live in the Free State of Georgia) and that is not in area that you want to wander into unless you're in an armored vehicle IMHO. Last time it came up I was told the Cops travel in 2s and 4s down there.
    I'm from up there too. Yes, it is an absolutely terrible area. All of North Philly is a ghetto(AFAIK) but that area in particular is a really really bad slum. The only reason I was ever there was due to taking a wrong turn driving as a teen. I learned though. If you ever see a sign for Temple University, immediately turn around.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Quote Originally Posted by StripesDude View Post
    I can imagine. The average house sells for 21k. It sells for less than what the wood and bricks are worth!

It may literally be the worst neighborhood in the US.
    The northeast is expensive. When you see a house sell for less than 24 months of section 8 vouchers, something is terribly wrong.
    Pete63 and StripesDude like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links