Lawsuits Against Krogers

Lawsuits Against Krogers

This is a discussion on Lawsuits Against Krogers within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I smell Everytown, Bloomberg, and Moms Demand Confiscation on this one: https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ct/2012487001/ "The lawsuit was filed Wednesday on behalf of Marcus Jones, the administrator of ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Lawsuits Against Krogers

VIP Member

Lawsuits Against Krogers

I smell Everytown, Bloomberg, and Moms Demand Confiscation on this one:

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ct/2012487001/

"The lawsuit was filed Wednesday on behalf of Marcus Jones, the administrator of Vickie Lee Jones' estate. It alleges Kroger allows customers to enter its stores while carrying guns and that it had no policy to ensure Bush was licensed to carry a firearm. The store had no policy in place to prevent the shooting even though another shooting had occurred at that same location in 2007 and more than 20 other shootings had taken place at Kroger stores across the country, the lawsuit also alleges."
    OldChap and The Old Anglo like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Senior Moderator
    They well might attempt to litigate freedom into the dustbin of history. They have no shame.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

The plaintiff and the attorney are just looking for a payout. There is nothing altruistic about their motives.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    "Jones in the lawsuit claims negligence by Kroger and Bush that led to the wrongful death and is seeking compensation for the harm suffered in the aftermath of the shooting, legal fees and punitive damages."

This could cut both ways if allowed to go to court. People that were disarmed due to store policy could sue because they weren't able to protect themselves.
    Risasi, msgt/ret, 10thmtn and 2 others like this.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    "Jones in the lawsuit claims negligence by Kroger and Bush that led to the wrongful death and is seeking compensation for the harm suffered in the aftermath of the shooting, legal fees and punitive damages."

This could cut both ways if allowed to go to court. People that were disarmed due to store policy could sue because they weren't able to protect themselves.
    I am waiting for these civil suits. Venues that restrict people from protecting themselves should have a higher duty to ensure safety of patrons. Yeah there are many holes in that, such as you can just choose to not go to those places that have restrictions, but there is some merit for some challenges and bring more awareness. We gotta push back where we can.

They have been attacking Kroger for 5-6 years over this. Kroger has consistently maintained the policy that they follow local and state laws. It’s not their job to make sure someone has a license to carry a gun any more than it’s their job to make sure people have drivers licenses.
    We get the government we deserve.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    I am waiting for these civil suits. Venues that restrict people from protecting themselves should have a higher duty to ensure safety of patrons. Yeah there are many holes in that, such as you can just choose to not go to those places that have restrictions, but there is some merit for some challenges and bring more awareness. We gotta push back where we can.
    That's why there haven't been any suits. You can choose not to enter but that's how this case could change that. The woman could have chosen to go somewhere else and Kroger has no obligation to protect her. If the case goes through it could set precedent for suits in either direction. If Kroger "didn't protect" this woman then it "didn't protect" the guy that was disarmed.

I don't see this case going very far tho. Why would a company be held responsible for the actions of a customer that broke the law? The company had no part in it.
    Havok likes this.

Are they going to demand the hallowed metal detectors and strip searches to insure customer “safety” next???
    OldChap, RETSUPT99 and NECCdude like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    I understand there's a lawsuit against the company in the Virginia Beach shooting by one of the victims also. But the husband of one of the victims is suing because the victim is a CCW permit holder and company policy forbid her from carrying even though the shooter made credible threats the day before.
    Mike1956 and Nmuskier like this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

How does a "policy" prevent shootings?
    Enjoying my daily viewing of the "love has no labels" SJW clickbait on DC.com.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

When shopping at Walmart, remember that even serial killers need to buy toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    The plaintiff and the attorney are just looking for a payout. There is nothing altruistic about their motives.
    Exactly.

I smell a rat - a sleazy, scumbag, ambulance chasin' lawyer looking for a payday.

It should occur to the legal "profession" (I use the term very loosely) that they cannot 100% prevent violence in the courtroom, even with their metal detectors, pocket searches, signs, warnings, myriad laws, and armed guards. Every now and again someone decides to break the law - IN A COURTROOM. Maybe we need to sic the ambulance chasers on them.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    I understand there's a lawsuit against the company in the Virginia Beach shooting by one of the victims also. But the husband of one of the victims is suing because the victim is a CCW permit holder and company policy forbid her from carrying even though the shooter made credible threats the day before.
    Who is the husband suing? The City of Virginia Beach? The company she worked for? I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

Mrs. Nixon refused, citing the city’s gun-free zone policy for its workers.
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...olicy-n2548211
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    Another frivolous lawsuit. I'd be surprised if it gains any traction.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    Another frivolous lawsuit. I'd be surprised if it gains any traction.
    It probably won't but the Attorney probably figures there's never been a better time to throw it at the wall to see if it sticks.
    Havok and The Old Anglo like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links