DOJ: Feds Arrested More Mexican Nationals than Americans in 2018

This is a discussion on DOJ: Feds Arrested More Mexican Nationals than Americans in 2018 within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is a pretty interesting statistic. I don't care what nationality you are (or what political party you belong to), if you break the law, ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By DG
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By ddrew
  • 1 Post By G26Raven

Thread: DOJ: Feds Arrested More Mexican Nationals than Americans in 2018

This is a pretty interesting statistic. I don't care what nationality you are (or what political party you belong to), if you break the law, you should suffer the consequences.

The total number of federal arrests of Mexican nationals living in the United States now exceeds the total number of federal arrests of American citizens, federal data reveals.

A new report by the Department of Justice (DOJ) finds that in 2018, the number of Mexican nationals arrested for federal crimes exceeded the number of American citizens who were arrested for federal crimes by about 8,000 arrests.

As Breitbart News reported, though non-U.S. citizens represent just seven percent of the total U.S. population, they accounted for 15 percent of all federal arrests and 15 percent of all prosecutions for non-immigration related crimes in 2018. This indicates that non-U.S. citizens were about 2.3 times as likely to be arrested or prosecuted for non-immigration related crimes.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...eed-americans/
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

DG
    Maybe it's not that they're committing more crime. Maybe the law's just not cutting them any slack.
    G26Raven and The Old Anglo like this.

That's because the DOJ is racist, don't you know?
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

DG
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    That's because the DOJ is racist, don't you know?
    I can only go by what I see. I look at the arrest reports, you know folks booked in the last 24 hours. I see Hispanics and blacks....DUI, domestic violence, drunk and disorderly, etc. White folks? Not so much. Wealthy white folk...never.

DG
    DOJ: Feds Arrested More Mexican Nationals than Americans in 2018-lopez.png

Here's an example. DUI...first offense. I'm not excusing DUI. Don't go there.

But, with the right attorney and enough money, it's reduced to reckless driving and goes away. If you're well known and have enough money, you may never be charged in the first place.

We should all note that the article specifically cites FEDERAL arrests for violation of FEDERAL law. Municipal, county, and state arrests for violations of state or municipal laws (such as DUI, assault, domestic violence, robbery, sexual assault, child abuse or molestation, and a hundred other categories) DO NOT FACTOR INTO THESE STATISTICS AT ALL.

Put more simply, of all those arrested for violation of FEDERAL LAWS the majority were Mexican nationals, not US nationals.

Granted, federal arrests for violations of federal law account for only a small portion of all arrests or criminal cases.

I suspect, but have no data on which to support that suspicion, that if ALL ARRESTS for ALL VIOLATIONS were compared there would still be a very high correlation between non-US citizenship/legal residence and criminal arrests.

I also suspect that a huge percentage of illegal immigrants are laughing at our "catch and release" and "frequent offender discount plans" in comparison to how they would be treated in their home countries (where court-appointed legal counsel, bail, speedy trial, even food or clothing or medical care are NOT regularly provided to apprehended offenders).

Distinguished Member
    Unless there is a qualitative analysis of the number of convictions the information is generally inconclusive. Also what was the. nature of the federal crimes. Were they violent, white collar, immigration violations etc. MY guess is that if the the immigration violations were removed then tally would shift that more Americans were arrested. Statistic can be deceptive.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June 66 to February 68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    This is a pretty interesting statistic. I don't care what nationality you are (or what political party you belong to), if you break the law, you should suffer the consequences.

The total number of federal arrests of Mexican nationals living in the United States now exceeds the total number of federal arrests of American citizens, federal data reveals.

A new report by the Department of Justice (DOJ) finds that in 2018, the number of Mexican nationals arrested for federal crimes exceeded the number of American citizens who were arrested for federal crimes by about 8,000 arrests.

As Breitbart News reported, though non-U.S. citizens represent just seven percent of the total U.S. population, they accounted for 15 percent of all federal arrestsand 15 percent of all prosecutions for non-immigration related crimes in 2018. This indicates that non-U.S. citizens were about 2.3 times as likely to be arrested or prosecuted for non-immigration related crimes.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...eed-americans/
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong but if Mexicans accounts for 15% of all arrests which is higher than Americans (so less than 15%) who were the other 70% that they arrested?

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong but if Mexicans accounts for 15% of all arrests which is higher than Americans (so less than 15%) who were the other 70% that they arrested?
    Where are you getting your figure of 70%? There is no mention in the article of a figure of 70%.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Where are you getting your figure of 70%? There is no mention in the article of a figure of 70%.
    The part I bolded. Here it is again

"As Breitbart News reported, though non-U.S. citizens represent just seven percent of the total U.S. population, they accounted for 15 percent of all federal arrests"

15% Mexicans, that means less than 15% were Americans but well round up to 15% for easy math. That's 30% "of all federal arrests". What were the remaining 70%?

Again if I'm missing something please tell me.

Novarider, I understand your confusion, it's not the most clearly written article. I am certainly not the best at explaining mathematics. So yes, I think your 70% number is a valid question.If you read the whole article, I think these numbers are more relevant:

For example, more than 78,000 federal arrests of Mexicans were made last year. Compare that to the roughly 70,500 federal arrests made of American citizens the same year. Over 20 years, the number of federal arrests made of Mexican nationals in the U.S. has soared by 175 percent while federal arrests of Americans grew by only 10 percent.

Likewise, the number of federal arrests of non-U.S. citizens is nearly double the arrests of Americans. In 2018, law enforcement officials arrested more than 125,000 non-U.S. citizens for federal crimes a 234 percent increase since 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lopez.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	300898

Here's an example. DUI...first offense. I'm not excusing DUI. Don't go there.

But, with the right attorney and enough money, it's reduced to reckless driving and goes away. If you're well known and have enough money, you may never be charged in the first place.
    That's not exclusive to rich white people, OJ skated on a double murder, and Jussie Smolett got away with a significant fake racial attack that resulted in multiple felony charges
    G26Raven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ddrew View Post
    That's not exclusive to rich white people, OJ skated on a double murder, and Jussie Smolett got away with a significant fake racial attack that resulted in multiple felony charges
    And if you're an illegal and get in trouble in a sanctuary city, you'll either be released or escape conviction for homicide in cities like San Francisco....
    ddrew likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ddrew View Post
    "Wolf, wolf!" Boy ain't off that hook quite yet. Still being investigated.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Sponsored Links