If You Are Like This Guy, You Are Not Helping... - Page 11

If You Are Like This Guy, You Are Not Helping...

This is a discussion on If You Are Like This Guy, You Are Not Helping... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by RedSafety And the homosexual community gain their rights and acceptance by being nice and respectful? Nope, they gained acceptance by being exactly ...

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree407Likes

Thread: If You Are Like This Guy, You Are Not Helping...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    And the homosexual community gain their rights and acceptance by being nice and respectful? Nope, they gained acceptance by being exactly like the guy in the picture.
    I don't recall seeing him in the Village People.

Sponsor
    And the homosexual community gain their rights and acceptance by being nice and respectful? Nope, they gained acceptance by being exactly like the guy in the picture.
    Maybe "rights" [ if speaking of laws passed ], but hardly acceptance, at least by the majority of America. That is until us baby boomers have gone to the big chief in the sky and the millenials make up the majority.
    wmhawth, OD* and forester58 like this.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    I'm not sure what you mean by being exactly like the guy in the picture. Blatantly homosexual acts at a farmers market?
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Just a question: are members of the "homosexual community" (if there is one) entitled to rights and "acceptance" over and above those of "everybody else" ?

Seems like a fair point.

And does bullying make them even more entitled ?
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

VIP Member
    I'm a bit confused about the comparisons between groups and individuals who act in such a way as to gain a right currently being denied and those exercising a right already in place. What is the endgame in mind for carrying a tricked-out black rifle at a farmers market in overwhelmingly liberal Alexandria, Virginia, which voted 76% for Hillary the last presidential election?

I understand what the civil rights movent was and is all about. I do not understand what the whole in-their-face OC efforts hope to achieve.
    Doghandler, AzQkr and PhaedrusIV like this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I'm a bit confused about the comparisons between groups and individuals who act in such a way as to gain a right currently being denied and those exercising a right already in place. What is the endgame in mind for carrying a tricked-out black rifle at a farmers market in overwhelmingly liberal Alexandria, Virginia, which voted 76% for Hillary the last presidential election?

I understand what the civil rights movent was and is all about. I do not understand what the whole in-their-face OC efforts hope to achieve.
    Their 15 minutes of fame? So they can be someone for just a few minutes? All this talk about being a gray man around town gives them incentive to be something different?
    Mike1956 likes this.

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

Betcha I catch more hell for this:

One thing I've noticed about the left/anti gunners is they manage to find something positive to say about one of their own even when that one does something really negative. Instead of ridiculing, diminishing, or demeaning they close ranks and protect. Case in point is how the left is making excuses and coming up with explanations for what Beto said about confiscating guns.

Well maybe there is something to learn from them because....

I'm not sure who causes more damage to the right to bear arms. Those who dare to exercise that right in ways the public isn't accustomed to or the gun owner's/carriers who join with the anti gunners in ridiculing and insulting those who do.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

One thing I've noticed about the left/anti gunners is they manage to find something positive to say about one of their own even when that one does something really negative. Instead of ridiculing, diminishing, or demeaning they close ranks and protect. Case in point is how the left is making excuses and coming up with explanations for what Beto said about confiscating guns.

I'm not sure who causes more damage to the right to bear arms. Those who dare to exercise that right in ways the public isn't accustomed to or the gun owner's/carriers who join with the anti gunners in ridiculing and insulting those who do.
    The former, definitely.
    AzQkr likes this.

Sponsor

Look, I OC often enough, but there's a difference between OCing and making a spectacle of yourself. If you're going to make yourself a spectacle, expect spectacular responses. I don't ridicule OCers, I AM an OCer. .
    PhaedrusIV likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

Look, I OC often enough, but there's a difference between OCing and making a spectacle of yourself. If you're going to make yourself a spectacle, expect spectacular responses. I don't ridicule OCers, I AM an OCer. .
    Spectacular favorable results is exactly what open carry caused in Michigan in regards to public acceptance.

And the guy carrying the rifle was also OC'ing.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

The former, definitely.
    Of course you are of that opinion.

Sponsor
    Spectacular favorable results is exactly what open carry caused in Michigan in regards to public acceptance.

And spectacular unfavorable results is exactly why WM has asked patrons to not carry openly into their business, which has had a snowball affect allowing other big business to do the same.
    OldVet likes this.

VIP Member
    You expressed a doubt, and I tried to clear it up for you.
    AzQkr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post

And spectacular unfavorable results is exactly why WM has asked patrons to not carry openly into their business, which has had a snowball affect allowing other big business to do the same.
    Those spectacular unfavorable results happened at first when the few individuals started open carrying pistols in Michigan too. And yet because people persevered the end result was spectacularly favorable.

You expressed a doubt, and I tried to clear it up for you.
    You succeeded in clarifying your opinion. Spectacularly.
    Mike1956 likes this.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Sponsored Links