If You Are Like This Guy, You Are Not Helping... - Page 5

If You Are Like This Guy, You Are Not Helping...

This is a discussion on If You Are Like This Guy, You Are Not Helping... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 Attachment 301732 We are not on the same team, I disagree with your actions entirely, and believe you are causing gun ...

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree407Likes

Thread: If You Are Like This Guy, You Are Not Helping...

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Attachment 301732

We are not on the same team, I disagree with your actions entirely, and believe you are causing gun rights in general irreparable harm.

The views expressed in this essay mirror my own:

https://tinkertalksguns.wordpress.co...qHp9JNZ7m9NjZg

"Our 2nd Amendment rights are under an exceptionally high level of threat right now, and we are very likely to lose some of our rights. When we do I will blame this person and persons like him before I blame Democrats, ‘sheeple’ etc., because he should know better. Adults are supposed to assess the likely effects of their actions and work towards their desired outcome. Actions like this are counter to our interests and should not, in my opinion, be undertaken. The mere fact that we can do a thing does not mean that we must, or even should, do that thing."
    I just saw this thread and didn't read any of the ensuing 4 pages. Don't need to. I agree completely with Mike.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

We support the Second Amendment as long as you don't open carry and never ever tell anyone you carry a gun.
    forester58, Novarider and OldChap like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Attachment 301732

We are not on the same team, I disagree with your actions entirely, and believe you are causing gun rights in general irreparable harm.

"Our 2nd Amendment rights are under an exceptionally high level of threat right now, and we are very likely to lose some of our rights. When we do I will blame this person and persons like him before I blame Democrats, ‘sheeple’ etc., because he should know better. Adults are supposed to assess the likely effects of their actions and work towards their desired outcome. Actions like this are counter to our interests and should not, in my opinion, be undertaken. The mere fact that we can do a thing does not mean that we must, or even should, do that thing."
    Awful arrogant of the guy writing to assume all this "we" crap,like I am somehow thinking every way he is because I own and carry guns. What an idiot to blame another gun owner before he blames people who want us disarmed. How does someone this afraid get through day to day living without a meltdown? By the way we don't have any such thing as "second amendment rights", we have God given rights that the Government is prohibited from restricting, maybe he should read more and worry less.
    OldChap likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    Awful arrogant of the guy writing to assume all this "we" crap,like I am somehow thinking every way he is because I own and carry guns. What an idiot to blame another gun owner before he blames people who want us disarmed. How does someone this afraid get through day to day living without a meltdown? By the way we don't have any such thing as "second amendment rights", we have God given rights that the Government is prohibited from restricting, maybe he should read more and worry less.
    You are mistaking common sense for fear, IMO.

God-given???? Maybe we just need to pray harder...
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Correct me if i am wrong and i might be...But when did this thread on how you display your right
    to open carry...Change to someone not being pro 2A or against open carry all together?

Common sense?...What the heck is that?

I only use the word God for myself I guess. I should use "inalienable" I suppose.
    Do we now assume our right to self defense is so fragile we now have to hide all the time. What is it really worth then? I see idiots on the road every day, driving life threatening vehicles with zero skill or care about anyone else and I don't hear calling to close roads or ban vehicles and driving isn't even a right.
    Let me ask you this: Open carry is pretty common where I live and work. You cannot go a full week without seeing someone carrying that way. It is accepted or at least tolerated and I have yet to hear anywhere near the ringing of hands that I do here on a gun forum. Question is: Should I stop open carrying to please some unknown person here? Or just continue with a normal occurrence so we here are not forced to go into the shadows like so many of you are apparently forced to do? Why does some random idiot affect you so much? He owes you nothing and does not give a D about "helping" you or me or anybody else. He sure as heck does not represent me or anything I do or don't do. Idiots are everywhere which is why I carry a gun.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Correct me if i am wrong and i might be...But when did this thread on how you display your right
    to open carry...Change to someone not being pro 2A or against open carry all together?
    Moving the goalposts, red herrings, strawmen, no true Scotsman, among other things.

Distinguished Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Attachment 301732

Agreed,don`t Scare the Sheeple!!!. It only results in a "MWAG" call and a lot of confusion and may get you Shot!!!.
    Mike1956 likes this.

to open carry
    ...Change to someone not being pro 2A or against open carry all together?
    I think because the bolded. I don't get to tell others how, none of my business.
    Bikenut likes this.

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    I suppose it wouldn't have been so intimidating or "in your face" if he had it slung over his back. Carrying it in his hand(s) wasn't all that smart of a thing to do.
    maxwell97 likes this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    It bothers me when men won’t wear socks with their shoes.

that’s all I got.
    Jorts, Sister. Jorts.
    Sister likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

2A protects the right to keep and bear arms, not just arms that are carried in a way the author on some website says is ok. So to answer your question, the moment the thread was created.
    We get the government we deserve.

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    Where as I wouldn't do WHAT he is doing. I 100% support HIS right to do so.

We shouldn't have to hide our guns and cover our deer. Our fathers did not...why should we.

I went to high school with hunting guns "on the gun rack" ...no one cared, because it didn't matter.
    Mike1956 likes this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by viney266 View Post
    Where as I wouldn't do WHAT he is doing. I 100% support HIS right to do so.

We shouldn't have to hide our guns and cover our deer. Our fathers did not...why should we.

I went to high school with hunting guns "on the gun rack" ...no one cared, because it didn't matter.
    Things change, not always for the better.
    viney266 and Wavygravy like this.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links