Another thought provoking article about the low level conflict in the U.S. - Page 4

Another thought provoking article about the low level conflict in the U.S.

This is a discussion on Another thought provoking article about the low level conflict in the U.S. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by mcp1810 Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell me the last presidential election that wasn't the most important election of our lives? ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Another thought provoking article about the low level conflict in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell me the last presidential election that wasn't the most important election of our lives?
    ^^^THIS. They all have been if you listen to the political parties....

But hey, we only have 10-12 years left on the planet anyway, right? So party on Wayne!!!

BTW, a lame duck Trump worries me a bit. He already has shown a tendency to embrace gun control. Popular opinion and re-election have kept him at bay. Once he is lame duck, all bets are off, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Products of the government schools, or they have a speech impediment. LOL
    Now you are very politically incorrect.
    KILTED COWBOY and airslot like this.
    Force yourself to be uncomfortable.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Regarding beating the British, it's important to remember that the rebels had the support of the French in both supplies and training. We would likely have lost without their aid.

As for the shift in demographics, it is a fact and there is no denying it. Conservatives need to take a much longer viewpoint than we have been if we expect to be able to shape policy. We need to focus on educating the masses to the realities of life. This must be done in spite of the strangle hold the left has on our education system. I believe the internet will be the most viable battleground for this struggle in the near future and until the scales can be tipped in our favor.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell me the last presidential election that wasn't the most important election of our lives?
    Perhaps more to the point, can anyone describe a presidential election in which we have been able to fully support one candidate (or party), rather than just voting against the worst of the choices?

I've voted in every national election since 1972 and I can't recall a single one that wasn't a matter of voting for the lesser of two evils.

It would be very refreshing to have a candidate and platform that I can support unequivocally, but it has been a long time since the only perfect man ever born was nailed to a cross (and I'm sure the news media of the time vilified Him just as thoroughly).
    OD*, airslot, G26Raven and 1 others like this.

Voting against the lesser of two evils, or voting for a candidate that is closest to one's own preferences, it's just a matter of perspective.
    OD* and BamaT like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    I might not understand how the FBI top-end operates, for instance, can the President not replace these stupid nasty people who are running the FBI now, with honest smart people? He replaced the head of the CIA did he not.
    airslot likes this.

Demographics:
    I think if you look at the metrics of employment, food stamps and minority owned businesses, people of color are doing far better after three years of Trump than they were after forty years on the democrat government teat. I don't think they are ready to go back to the way things were, which is exactly what will happen if the Dems regain the WH.

The Dems have taken these people for granted at election time, paying no more than lip service to their issues. With Trump, they have seen positive improvements and I think they like it.

I believe the number of minority conservatives has increased greatly. We'll see in about thirteen months if I'm correct.
    forester58, MMinSC, OD* and 1 others like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

I too suspect the number of minority conservatives has increased, but I donít think itís enough to turn the pattern.

The success of minorities, such as black employment rates, have improved under Trump. But how many are willing to say it was conservative policies that did this? How many will say they did it all on their own despite Trump? How many will give credit to Obama, believing it just took time for his work to bear fruit? The depth of resentment against conservatives runs pretty deep and a couple good years alone wonít likely turn that around or even achieve a parity split between parties.

Another 4 years may help, but Iím skeptical that decades of D loyalty will suddenly change after one R pres.
    OD*, G26Raven and BamaT like this.

Boy, that's a good question. The Blexit movement, led by such as Candace Owens, Larry Elder, Walter Williams, and Thomas Sowell, to name a few, are having an impact via social media but it is difficult if not impossible to put a number to how many are being converted. I think it will take quite some time to get their message disseminated thoroughly. We are still at the beginning of the education process.
    G26Raven, graydude and airslot like this.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

Another thought provoking article about the low level conflict in the U.S.

The problem I see with the blexit movement is the leaders are mostly of intellectuals of a similar pattern, and thus their message isnít yet penetrating communities who arenít exposed to them or who denigrate them with slavery era name calling.

Further, single mothers probably donít want to listen to anyone who is going to cause them to question abortion and the impact of fatherless homes. These are uncomfortable subjects many just donít want to think about.

Itís a good start , though.
    G26Raven, Hoganbeg and airslot like this.

Graydude, I agree with you regarding Blexit. We need more black people like Diamond and Silk who are conservative.

https://www.diamondandsilk.com
    graydude, Hoganbeg and airslot like this.
    Force yourself to be uncomfortable.

Distinguished Member Array Chief1297's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    As much as I agree with this, I believe voter stupidity (apathy) in this country is insurmountable.
    Fixed it for you...
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Changing minds is a challenge! There is another problem; too many people are disinclined to get involved with politics and I have to admit the learning curve can be steep, especially for those who have ignored it for most of their lives. It is also requires a good portion of your time to stay informed about the continuing battles. That is time in addition to your job and family. It takes a bit of dedication to willfully give up your relaxation and entertainment time to get involved with relentless contention. Too many just don't care.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links