Turkey Just started invading north Syria today - Page 6

Turkey Just started invading north Syria today

This is a discussion on Turkey Just started invading north Syria today within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by MMinSC I like that idea. I would probably just leave them to their own devices. No foreign aid, don't care. Maybe some ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 95
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Turkey Just started invading north Syria today

  1. #76
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,648
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post

    I like that idea.

    I would probably just leave them to their own devices. No foreign aid, don't care. Maybe some measures to keep them isolated like no travel visas to decent countries. Trade? Not really. We lead the world in energy production now. They have nothing else that we want. It's not like they manufacture anything. Ever see a TV or car made in the Middle East? Probably would be a rag top if they made one but even if, we do not need them. Don't need their manufacturing(lol), don't need any of their agriculture, do not need their ideology, and especially not their people. Isolate and ignore.
    That would make a lot of them quite happy also. If we had adopted that policy seventy years ago history as we know it would be radically different.
    M1911A1 likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  2. #77
    Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    1,078
    Was just contemplating this thread and how it is evolving.
    Even we, some of the most brilliant people on the planet here on DC forum can’t come to a cocenses and solve this problem.
    There are good points on all sides of the argument. But I think unfortunately no matter what we do. Stay or leave the conflict will remain. As long as radical Islam is hell bent on dominating the world with their religion, there will be conflict.
    And as long as the rest of the world fights amongst itself figuring out how to deal with them, they will continue to thrive
    Havok, CWOUSCG, M1911A1 and 2 others like this.

  3. #78
    VIP Member Array HotBrass45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,646
    Guys, we've got muslims killing muslims. It doesn't get any better than this.
    CWOUSCG, MMinSC and matthew03 like this.
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #79
    VIP Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Baja Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Before Turkey goes any farther, we need to remove all our F-16 and F-35 personnel from the country, along with all but a skeleton force of Embassy personnel. Being American over there, especially a Christian one, is begging for trouble.
    And our nuke missiles. Probably need to the them with us too.
    matthew03 likes this.


    Send bachelors and come heavily armed.
    The difference between a Socialist and a Communist is that the Socialist doesn't have all the guns yet.
    Black Rifles Matter

  6. #80
    VIP Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Baja Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,891
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    If only there was a strongman running Syria, keeping all the different tribal elements in line and keeping Syria somewhat orderly so I do not have to be annoyed by news coverage of the country. Oh wait, Assad operated like that for a time but Obama didn't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    We had one of those in Iraq too.
    You mean the one who convinced the world he had WMD? So we took him out but now we're leaving the guy that has WMD alone?
    Havok and matthew03 like this.


    Send bachelors and come heavily armed.
    The difference between a Socialist and a Communist is that the Socialist doesn't have all the guns yet.
    Black Rifles Matter

  7. #81
    VIP Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    6,751
    Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    You mean the one who convinced the world he had WMD? So we took him out but now we're leaving the guy that has WMD alone?
    To be fair, saddam did have his share of WMD’s at one point. He was an evil person, but he kept Iraq under control.
    msgt/ret and matthew03 like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

  8. #82
    Ex Member
    Array 1942bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    SE PA
    Posts
    2,103
    Just read a report that Israelis are starting to doubt the commitment if the US to come to their aid in a war. We had two firm fighting allies in the region: Israel and the Kurds. Now we have lost one, and created concern with the second. To those who think we should leave the Middle East all I can say is that, if we do, the only democracy in the ME will be attacked from all sides, and without our help it might.

    Ultimately militant Muslims will fight until they have the final Caliph to lead them to destroy we infidels. One thing standing in the way of that effort has been Muslims who do. It buy in, and the Kurds are such. They have kept Turkey off balance since Erdogan took over. Erdogan wants to restore the Ottoman Empire and be the next Atta Turk, the Caliph of Turkey. But that is just a beginning. He wants it all. And we just helped him get it. We are reliving history right now without the benefit of a leader whose self declared “unmatched wisdom” understands neither history or the Constitution. This is not good, and that is coming from an optimist.

  9. #83
    VIP Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Baja Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    To be fair, saddam did have his share of WMD’s at one point. He was an evil person, but he kept Iraq under control.
    Yes he did and he had them when we invaded.

    And if you believe he did not have them consider this; having the knowledge, skill, and ability to make WMD is the same as having WMD.
    Havok likes this.


    Send bachelors and come heavily armed.
    The difference between a Socialist and a Communist is that the Socialist doesn't have all the guns yet.
    Black Rifles Matter

  10. #84
    VIP Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    6,751
    Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    Yes he did and he had them when we invaded.

    And if you believe he did not have them consider this; having the knowledge, skill, and ability to make WMD is the same as having WMD.
    Yep. They were finding them when I was in country, although they were not in good condition at that point. At least the ones I am directly aware of.
    graydude likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

  11. #85
    VIP Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    6,751
    Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Just read a report that Israelis are starting to doubt the commitment if the US to come to their aid in a war. We had two firm fighting allies in the region: Israel and the Kurds. Now we have lost one, and created concern with the second. To those who think we should leave the Middle East all I can say is that, if we do, the only democracy in the ME will be attacked from all sides, and without our help it might.

    Ultimately militant Muslims will fight until they have the final Caliph to lead them to destroy we infidels. One thing standing in the way of that effort has been Muslims who do. It buy in, and the Kurds are such. They have kept Turkey off balance since Erdogan took over. Erdogan wants to restore the Ottoman Empire and be the next Atta Turk, the Caliph of Turkey. But that is just a beginning. He wants it all. And we just helped him get it. We are reliving history right now without the benefit of a leader whose self declared “unmatched wisdom” understands neither history or the Constitution. This is not good, and that is coming from an optimist.
    Starting to? Where was the author of what you read during the Obama administration?
    MMinSC, OD*, airslot and 1 others like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

  12. #86
    VIP Member Array MMinSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    charleston,sc
    Posts
    3,461
    Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Just read a report that Israelis are starting to doubt the commitment if the US to come to their aid in a war.
    So Israel was confident in the US during the 8 years of Obama's anti-Israel policies and his pro-radical Islam policies in the Middle East but Trump removing 50 soldiers has them doubting us? No. That is just grasping at straws propaganda from the Orange Man Bad side of the aisle.

    In fact, Israel is so discouraged by the lack of support from our president that they named a town after him, Trump Heights.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...c38_story.html
    OD*, airslot, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

  13. #87
    Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    You mean the one who convinced the world he had WMD? So we took him out but now we're leaving the guy that has WMD alone?
    Where do you thinks the chemical weapons Assad used came from?
    My guess is Iraq. That's where the missing WMD's went but we will never be told the truth.

  14. #88
    Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    So Israel was confident in the US during the 8 years of Obama's anti-Israel policies and his pro-radical Islam policies in the Middle East but Trump removing 50 soldiers has them doubting us? No. That is just grasping at straws propaganda from the Orange Man Bad side of the aisle.

    In fact, Israel is so discouraged by the lack of support from our president that they named a town after him, Trump Heights.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...c38_story.html
    So true. Guess Trump moving our Embassy to Jerusalem, something no President had the guts to do did not show Israel our commitment to them.
    Havok, MMinSC, matthew03 and 1 others like this.

  15. #89
    VIP Member Array MMinSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    charleston,sc
    Posts
    3,461
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    So true. Guess Trump moving our Embassy to Jerusalem, something no President had the guts to do did not show Israel our commitment to them.
    Good point. Moving the US Embassy was a better example that I had forgotten about.
    OD* likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

  16. #90
    Member Array m5215's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    283
    EXCLUSIVE: TURKEY ATTACKS US SPECIAL FORCES IN SYRIA, APPARENTLY BY MISTAKE

    Hmmm...

    https://www.newsweek.com/us-troops-syria-turkey-1464727

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •