13-Year-Old Girl Charged With Felony For Finger Gunning

This is a discussion on 13-Year-Old Girl Charged With Felony For Finger Gunning within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "A 13-year-old Kansas student was arrested and charged with a felony after police say she made a gunlike hand gesture at multiple students." https://www.yahoo.com/news/felony-ch...191616726.html...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: 13-Year-Old Girl Charged With Felony For Finger Gunning

VIP Member

"A 13-year-old Kansas student was arrested and charged with a felony after police say she made a gunlike hand gesture at multiple students."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/felony-ch...191616726.html
    PhaedrusIV likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

So.....the police have decided that the finger pointing is an imminent threat of great bodily harm or death. So the police would shoot this young girl if she pointed her fingers at them? What idiot made this ridiculous decision? This is insane.

“Just doing our job ma’am”.

I wonder if they would also arrest all the Texas Texh fans for pointing finger guns in the air within city limits.
    We get the government we deserve.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

"[Police Chief] Donchez told USA TODAY that there were previous encounters involving the student that resulted in classmates being "fearful" of her. That investigation resulted in the arrest of the student, where she was transported to juvenile detention."

It appears to me this is more about a string of encounters and not just one incident. It looks like investigation is in order although actual charges seem premature to me. Sounds like she needs some help.

[Yahoo headlines are not to be trusted.]
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

Lets see this stand up to a reasonably good defense attorney in a courtroom.

It causes the bile to rise in my throat to even mention his name anymore, but in the immortal exchange between Robert DeNiro (yukk) and a "pseudo SAS tough guy",

Tough guy - "Did you ever kill anyone?"

DeNiro - "Well...I hurt somebodies' feelings once."

From the movie Ronin.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

VIP Member
    Perhaps now women can have a man charged with a felony for him giving her the middle finger gesture....you know.....

”I was afraid he was going to rape me!”
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Distinguished Member
    Far to few details to know what the facts before and during the incident are, and in my mind not enough facts to make a judgment. It will get sorted, and I expect the felopnt change was to assure the kid would get a psyche exam. I expect http charge will be dropped once she is evaluated.
    OldChap, Hoganbeg and spclopr8tr like this.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Far to few details to know what the facts before and during the incident are, and in my mind not enough facts to make a judgment. It will get sorted, and I expect the felopnt change was to assure the kid would get a psyche exam. I expect http charge will be dropped once she is evaluated.
    Brother...I always get a belly laugh when I hear that we expect a psychiatrist or psychologist to actually know anything about what goes on in the human mind. Understanding the human mind, and particularly how people think, is more in the realm of black magic than actual science. Ask any three of four of them to "evaluate" you and you'll get everything from "sane" to "ready to carve the mother in law up and devour her." An exaggeration to be sure, but nonetheless true.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Brother...I always get a belly laugh when I hear that we expect a psychiatrist or psychologist to actually know anything about what goes on in the human mind. Understanding the human mind, and particularly how people think, is more in the realm of black magic than actual science. Ask any three of four of them to "evaluate" you and you'll get everything from "sane" to "ready to carve the mother in law up and devour her." An exaggeration to be sure, but nonetheless true.
    The first prerequisite for being a mental health provider is that you be in need of such care yourself.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

The final incident that sparked the police investigation, along with administrative action, was apparently the last in a string of encounters. Working in a school district, I can say that the finger pointing was not the reason for any action. At least it would not be in my state at this time. The article was poorly written, even more poorly titled, and should not have been allowed into print. At least not until the entire situation was resolved, and the details that can be legally released are released.

This is the state of so many "journalists" today. They cannot wait until the details are ready to be out into print. The "editors" are also not worth the salary they collect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    Perhaps now women can have a man charged with a felony for him giving her the middle finger gesture....you know.....

”I was afraid he was going to rape me!”
    The middle-finger salute is protected by the First Amendment. So says SCOTUS.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The middle-finger salute is protected by the First Amendment. So says SCOTUS.
    And I think a finger gun should be protected as well.....at some point, perhaps it will be....
    Rock and Glock, OldChap and baren like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    And I think a finger gun should be protected as well.....at some point, perhaps it will be....
    I agree, it is an expression of speech just as much as the salute is.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

So if she flips the middle finger ie: "the bird" she goes to the principals office, if she flips "the gun finger" she goes to jail. Whats next? Rock, paper, scissors?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links