Mega shoot out in Mexico City - Police lose - Page 3

Mega shoot out in Mexico City - Police lose

This is a discussion on Mega shoot out in Mexico City - Police lose within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by viney266 I see the point..and I HEAR what you are saying, but I respectfully disagree...some local rabble then got organized and made ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: Mega shoot out in Mexico City - Police lose

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by viney266 View Post
    I see the point..and I HEAR what you are saying, but I respectfully disagree...some local rabble then got organized and made the kings men surrender? I think I have heard of this somewhere before fellows...sometimes, it's the good guys...and then again, that can all be perspective.

Attachment 304458
    Lol the local rabble in MX tried organizing community "self defense" groups against the cartels and for a very very brief time they were successful and soon they were not. Here is how it goes,
    Cartel: hey Jose innocent guy go join the self defense group or we kill your kids. Find out who the members are then come and report to us.
    JOSE: Si SeŮor, yes sir.
    Or any number of variations to that strategy the results being the same the self defense force members get found out and eliminated or they get infiltrated by cartel members and same results or even better the self defense force finds out they like being in charge and join the cartel ranks. There will be no citizen uprising against the cartels in MX
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    https://fox5sandiego.com/2019/10/17/...red-in-mexico/

CULIACAN, Mexico ó Mexican security forces engaged in a prolonged shootout with heavily armed suspected cartel members in Sinaloa state Thursday, in an operation that ensnared a son of imprisoned drug lord Joaquin ďEl ChapoĒ Guzman.
    Not surprising it was that violent there. Sinaloa is where El Chapo's cartel s from. Also the first cartel.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

For anyone interested in an entertaining series, Netflix has Narcos-Mexico. It is about El Chapo and how he started the Sinaloa cartel, which was also the invention of the cartel system in Mexico. I have no idea how accurate it actually is since it is a series for entertainment and not a documentary. It does portray the torture and murder of the DEA agents from during the Reagan admin. I remember that but did not know it was El Chapo's cartel. The series is fast paced and fun and highlights the corruption in Mexico. Season two has been announced.

Nix likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    It's a hell hole, I'm on the border with Mexico and believe me its worse then gets reported. The cops are under paid and when the cartel tells them "Plomo O Plata" silver or lead?? And they are including their family in the "offer" it's hard to say no. There's a YouTube video of the Culican shootout and the cops are on wireless talking with the cartel asking for calm but things fall apart and the cartel call out one LEO in particular by name they tell him his home address and say let our guys go or his family gets it. This is followed by telling the cops that all their families will pay they price if they dont comply. It will get way worse before it gets any better. I got all kinds of cartel stories from folks living with this madness and it's crazy to think this is happening 20 minutes from my house.
    If it ever gets to where police here try to enforce unconstitutional gun confiscation, upheld by an activist court, then this exact scenario will happen here.

The only way Mexico will get better, is if Americans stop buying drugs. WE are financing the cartels. If Americans had to see the faces of the dead, and their grieving families, then just maybe they would do what was necessary to get off the drugs.
    Rabbit212 and viney266 like this.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    If it ever gets to where police here try to enforce unconstitutional gun confiscation, upheld by an activist court, then this exact scenario will happen here.

The only way Mexico will get better, is if Americans stop buying drugs. WE are financing the cartels. If Americans had to see the faces of the dead, and their grieving families, then just maybe they would do what was necessary to get off the drugs.
    Keep dreaming, american citizens are not cartel members who will murder innocent people until the gov backs off.
    Nix likes this.

I wonder if those citizens trust the government?
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Nix
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Keep dreaming, american citizens are not cartel members who will murder innocent people until the gov backs off.

I'm tempted to agree, but.....

And then I remember reading about 1775. How far below our latte and facebook veneer do those rebel instincts lurk?
    Rabbit212 and AzQkr like this.

Nix

Agreed.
    viney266 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    I wonder if those citizens trust the government?
    No. The government is as corrupt as the cartels, or have been co-opted by the cartels. The citizens keep their heads down, and try to avoid attention from either the government or the cartels.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; October 19th, 2019 at 01:07 PM.
    msgt/ret, 10thmtn, MMinSC and 3 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member

If Americans were inclined to stop buying drugs, they would have done so decades ago. It's not going to happen.
    Rabbit212, msgt/ret, Nix and 1 others like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    If Americans were inclined to stop buying drugs, they would have done so decades ago. It's not going to happen.
    Drinking and driving used to be tolerated...thatís where ďone for the roadĒ comes from. When we finally had enough, attitudes changed, penalties got real, and an advertising campaign started to get the word out that this was no longer acceptable.

Too many think their recreational drug use doesnít harm anyone, maybe except themselves. When thatís shown to be a lie, in very graphic terms, many will reconsider.

Itíll never be completely eliminated, of course. But every less dollar to the cartels is less power they have.
    graydude and Rock and Glock like this.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    I'm tempted to agree, but.....

And then I remember reading about 1775. How far below our latte and facebook veneer do those rebel instincts lurk?
    History is an important teacher. There have been many instances of vicious internecine violence in our past.

Loyalist vs Patriot during the revolutionary period
    Abolitionist vs pro slavery during Bleeding Kansas
    The numerous guerilla operations during the Civil War
    Anti black violence during Reconstruction and the Jim Crowe era
    And of course massacres by, and against, native Americans

Iím not saying itís likely, but if the government (courts and their police agents) turn on the people, it will get ugly. Civil war always is. After all, that is the primary reason we have a 2A. Itís a big doomsday reset button for the people taking back control from a tyrannical regime.

In Mexico, you have the cartels battling the government for control, with neither caring much for the ordinary citizens. Itís sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    What's obvious to me is that Mexican drug wars present a national security risk for the US.

Maybe Uncle Donald could funnel some of our defunct Northeast Syrian resources into Mexico. Hey, at least it's honest, unlike Fast and Furious.
    What makes you think we haven't already been doing that?
    msgt/ret and Rock and Glock like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Regarding the U.S. citizens using less drugs, I'm sorry to say that the trend is for higher drug usage, not lower. With legalization of pot, there is the mistaken perception that pot is OK to do, medically, socially, and personally speaking, so more and more young folks, and older folks, are using it. Heroin is as big as ever, probably bigger than ever. New synthetic drugs like fentanyl and cartfentanyl and some newer types are trending up big time. Deaths are up; addiction is up. Drug use may not only be here forever, it may blossom to epic proportions.

Is it possible to tame the cartel movement? As sad as it is that legal pot usage is on the upswing, legalization of drugs does negate the advantage that criminal minds have in producing and distributing it. As we all know, the cartel issue is not unlike the gangs prevalent under prohibition. Once prohibition was eliminated, criminals became less interested in booze (excepting maybe some tax dodgers). So what would it look like if the U.S. allowed the world to legalize drugs? These cartels would become lawful barons of that industry, with legitimate power, not unlike the Kennedys of the 1930's onward or Roosevelt money, made in the opium trade in Asia in the 1800's as I recall. Britain and the U.S. were involved in opium wars and power derived from that trade back then. The sad truth is, the only solution is to legitimize the trade, which will unfortunately empower these hoodlums that run it. That'd be a very bitter pill to swallow, but the payoff will be that these guys will have enormous incentive to become upstanding citizens in every respect so as to reduce their risk to zero. Why push violence when you are legitimately making millions and billions of dollars? No reason to. Problem solved. Just tax the hell out of them, educate the populace of the downside of usage and hopefully massively attack corruption from these newfound billionaires (maybe confiscate ill-gotten, laundered money to reduce their future influence). There are notable conservatives and libertarians who agree with this approach.

By far the worst outcome is failed states south of the border, as far as the eye can see, and then a bit further than that ... like to all the way to Cape Horn. How are we supposed to cope when the Americas south of the Rio Grande are reduced to the level of Somalia?

10thmtn has a point that the world used to smoke like a demon, and now it has gone out of fashion due to health awareness campaigns. You look stupid smoking now, not cool. It can happen.

As for our troops leaving Syria, they have been allocated to Saudi defense apparently, in light of the Iranian drone attack on Saudi refineries, hence the quote from Trump about being fully in control of MidEast oil recently.

Who is in control in Mexico City? The National Guard can't arrest and hold four guys in a house, yet the cartel can terrorize a whole city and get the National Guard to give up.
    No one is in control of that place, it is a no-mans land, and it is becoming like Beruit. The cartels will use car bombs to control the place, when they ain't actually engaged in a fire fight with the Army.
    Crabby Old Goat, that's me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links