al-Baghdadi dead - Page 2

al-Baghdadi dead

This is a discussion on al-Baghdadi dead within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If the progressives have any standards, they're double standards. Glad to see this vermin dead. He was a coward, and his suicide proves it....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree550Likes

Thread: al-Baghdadi dead

Senior Moderator
    If the progressives have any standards, they're double standards.

Glad to see this vermin dead. He was a coward, and his suicide proves it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

I am glad he is no longer wasting oxygen the sad part is he killed three kids while eliminating himself.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It has nothing to do with the media's assault, more with his credit grabbing. I don't recall Eisenhower taking credit, beyond giving the "Go" order, for taking the cliffs at Normandy. Trump may have given the order, and that is where his claims of credit should have ended.

As for Al-Baghdadi . . . Good riddance.
    In the press conf I watched he gave credit to army special ops and even the dogs involved.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    So it was acceptable for His Lordship to claim "I killed ben laden".
    Not at all, he is not beyond criticism either.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I am glad he is no longer wasting oxygen the sad part is he killed three kids while eliminating himself.
    True, but they would have probably grown up in his image. We'd have been tracking them down in 15 years.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

One less devil in the world. Next . . .
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Not at all, he is not beyond criticism either.
    The politicians sitting around that table in both administrations taking credit for military strikes would be better off to allow the Pentagon to announce the results.

Eisenhower had a letter in his pocket on D-Day, one in which he accepted full responsibility for failure had the invasion failed. Pres. Harry S. Truman made a name for himself with his "The buck stops here" statement. If I recall correctly, even much-maligned Pres. Carter took blame for the failed hostage rescue attempt in Iran.

All politicians and presidents should follow that lead.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Eisenhower had a letter in his pocket on D-Day, one in which he accepted full responsibility for failure had the invasion failed. Pres. Harry S. Truman made a name for himself with his "The buck stops here" statement. If I recall correctly, even much-maligned Pres. Carter took blame for the failed hostage rescue attempt in Iran.

All politicians and presidents should follow that lead.
    I was on a carrier in the Indian Ocean during the hostage crisis. It was a situation we stayed well briefed on. There is a difference in the two examples in my mind. Eisenhower had to invade to win the war. Operation Overlord/Neptune was backed by fairly solid intel, a good plan, great troops and equipment. Had it failed, it would have been due to hundreds of uncontrollable variables. Eisenhower was ultimately responsible and was showing leadership by preparing to take full responsibility, but he didn't need that letter. It worked, so he deserves the credit.

Carter precipitated the whole mess with Iran. When it was clear the Islamic regime was going to take over in Iran, they reached out to Carter's State Department to set up a decent relationship, but they got snubbed. That was very poor diplomacy. They took the hostages because they wanted to show the world how weak Carter was, and they succeeded in doing so. It was no coincidence that the hostages were released right as Reagan moved into the White House.

As for the Eagle Claw/Desert One operation, the big problem there, and this was well known, was that Carter was such a micro-manager that he wanted an open line to the commander during the whole operation from planning through execution and was bugging him and second-guessing him continuously. It was a wonder the commander could even think. The operation required four helicopters. Eight were sent, but only five showed up, still the minimum plus one. Carter decided he would not proceed without at least six, so the plug was pulled. Eagle Claw did not need to be launched to begin with. Carter cooked it up in hopes of saving face before the election. Carter was right to take the blame. He fully deserved it.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Carter was right to take the blame. He fully deserved it.
    At least he took the blame.

Really tho, with the idiotic Democratic candidates trying to one up each other with stupid ideas and venomous sniping and the Democratic party in DC subverting the Constitution, Trump really just needs to "act presidential"... I know, easier said than done for him; but being Commander in Chief, make an announcement like this is a good way to do it. He shows the rest of the field that like it or not he is still the President, still in the driver's seat. They can whine and squawk while he walks the walk in moments like this. What a good day though, well done to flush a POS like that.
    airslot, OD*, baren and 4 others like this.

At least he took the blame.
    Jimmy Carter could not hide a sin or a responsibility still. A Gentleman through and through.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by Encore2016 View Post
    Really tho, with the idiotic Democratic candidates trying to one up each other with stupid ideas and venomous sniping and the Democratic party in DC subverting the Constitution, Trump really just needs to "act presidential"... I know, easier said than done for him; but being Commander in Chief, make an announcement like this is a good way to do it. He shows the rest of the field that like it or not he is still the President, still in the driver's seat. They can whine and squawk while he walks the walk in moments like this. What a good day though, well done to flush a POS like that.
    He is acting presidential.
    airslot, msgt/ret, OD* and 4 others like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

It's the acting part that troubles me.
    Doghandler
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

1) May the terrorist spend eternity in Hades!!

2) As for the media, Trump could cure cancer, the common cold, and solve homelessness and the media would still gripe left and left. What is really sad is that the media does not report the news, they work hard to influence public opinion worse than the Russians allegedly did in the 2016 election.

3) Even sadder is the fact is that the media and the politicians all act like they are in elementary school playgrounds having stupid petty fights. Neither can recognize and give credit where it's due and neither can acknowledge differences without spewing venom with every word towards the other side. I for one and tired of the rhetoric and all it does make me tune out all the noise. The polarization and childish behavior is going to get someone hurt or killed. The violent veto is not the appropriate way to express opposing viewpoints.

4) I have removed politicians and media people from my Christmas card list.
    OD*, Bikenut, airslot and 7 others like this.
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links