Hero Dog going to the White House. - Page 2

Hero Dog going to the White House.

This is a discussion on Hero Dog going to the White House. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by 1942bull So honor the dog and ignore the brave warriors who did the deed? 1942bull. I do enjoy our back and forth ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Hero Dog going to the White House.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    So honor the dog and ignore the brave warriors who did the deed?
    1942bull. I do enjoy our back and forth banter.
    Sometimes you remind me of my dad who used to love to play the devil's advocate just to see if he could get my goat.
    I enjoy debating people who do not have the same opinions as I do.
    Life would be boring if we all felt the same.
    Bless you my brother.
    OD*, OldChap, airslot and 2 others like this.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Trump just loves to pull the chains of some folks.

Just wait until they see the memes.
    And they are so damned easy.

Name:  Cry Baby.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  6.7 KB
    Orange Man Bad
    Last edited by OD*; November 1st, 2019 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Spellin'
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

So honor the dog and ignore the brave warriors who did the deed?
    I expect they will receive a Presidential Unit Citation.
    OldChap, OD*, 1942bull and 4 others like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I expect they will receive a Presidential Unit Citation.
    And a BIG box of Milk Bones.
    OldChap, OD*, airslot and 4 others like this.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Well sorry....If I must be known for something, I choose to be part of the "flag waving crowd", as opposed to those who...what?

I'm not going to make any further comments as I hate breaking forum rules to contradict....ugh...positions I disagree with.
    flag-waver noun

flag-wav∑​er | \ ˈflag-ˌwā-vər \
    Definition of flag-waver
    1: one who is intensely and conspicuously patriotic
    2: one who waves a flag in signaling
    3: a song intended to rouse patriotic sentiment

If the intended insult fits, I say wear it.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

At least she won't get eaten like she would have been under the muslam pres.

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by entertainment72 View Post
    Nothing but a photo op stunt for the flag waving crowd.

I agree with 1942Bull
    What does that even mean? As opposed to the kneeling at the anthem crowd?

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    1942bull. I do enjoy our back and forth banter.
    Sometimes you remind me of my dad who used to love to play the devil's advocate just to see if he could get my goat.
    I enjoy debating people who do not have the same opinions as I do.
    Life would be boring if we all felt the same.
    Bless you my brother.
    Thanks. Members like you make this a great forum.

Still I must say that I spoke in this post from the heart. I love the idea of and the embodiment of war dogs. I saw the in action in Nam. They could smell the NVA before we could hear them. Some were killed and wounded. We treated them like Marines, because they were Marines. That has has been true for WWII through today, and it true in all service branches.

But now I have to get personal. I think members have to know where I am coming from in calling the White House dog welcoming a political stunt. I was lucky. When I took an AK47 round into my left lung I lived. I had three surgeries and spent 4 months the hospital, but I lived and have had a good life since, and I am now 77. There are 58,000 names on the VN Wall who fared far worse. There are over 100,000 more Nam Vets who have fared far worse from their wounds. Our wounded warriors from Iraq and Afghanistan who have brain injuries, disfuguiring wounds, psychological injury, etc are not afforded the recognition this dog will get.

Yes, I understand Show the Flag patriotism some have spoken about in this thread, but I find that a way of getting past recognizing the reality. Any of us who have fought in a war know that patriotism may have gotten us there, but it was not what was keeping us alive or motivating us. We were simply fighting to stay alive and keep out fellow warriors alive. Lif in combats not like life at home.

When a Marine War Dog was lost in Nam Marines grieved. They treated that Marine like every Marine. That is true service wide today. Honoring a dog doing its job and not honoring the men who did their duty on the same mission unfair and nothing more than a stunt. It is comparable to coping a Purple Heart. When Trump accepted Purple Heart from a Vet and then proclaimed he always wanted to get a Purple Heart.
    You do not get Purple Hearts. You earn one, like I earned mine.

Now I will reveal why I get outraged sometimes by DJT. When I took my pre-enlistment physical in August 1959 the Navy doc told me I was 4F and would never have to serve in the Armed Forces. I had a flat arch in my left foot can a concave arch in my right foot. I literally begged that doctor to pass me. He did but said he had to note thatI was unfit for the infantry. I got in, and I made 0311 Infantry. I held that MOS for four years until the docs finally stopped it. Then after training I moved on to Combat Photographer. In summary, I fought the system to become and stay a Marine. So I have little love for a man who avoided military service for bone spurs which could easily have been corrected. And a man who employs others' heroism to self promote. Warriors fight. Coward pLay on warrior's fame.

So I am now signing off for a while. I neither want to read the retribution for my comments, debate this further, or get anyone more pissed off than I already have.

Semper Fi
    OldVet and KILTED COWBOY like this.

Hero Dog going to the White House.-good-girl.png
    OD*, HotBrass45, airslot and 9 others like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Thanks. Members like you make this a great forum. . .
    As do you, Bull. And I've never known you to say so much. While I don't always agree with you (I don't even agree with me), you are entitled (Can we say "entitled" anymore?) to your opinion just as everyone else is.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Thanks. Members like you make this a great forum.

Still I must say that I spoke in this post from the heart. I love the idea of and the embodiment of war dogs. I saw the in action in Nam. They could smell the NVA before we could hear them. Some were killed and wounded. We treated them like Marines, because they were Marines. That has has been true for WWII through today, and it true in all service branches.

But now I have to get personal. I think members have to know where I am coming from in calling the White House dog welcoming a political stunt. I was lucky. When I took an AK47 round into my left lung I lived. I had three surgeries and spent 4 months the hospital, but I lived and have had a good life since, and I am now 77. There are 58,000 names on the VN Wall who fared far worse. There are over 100,000 more Nam Vets who have fared far worse from their wounds. Our wounded warriors from Iraq and Afghanistan who have brain injuries, disfuguiring wounds, psychological injury, etc are not afforded the recognition this dog will get.

Yes, I understand Show the Flag patriotism some have spoken about in this thread, but I find that a way of getting past recognizing the reality. Any of us who have fought in a war know that patriotism may have gotten us there, but it was not what was keeping us alive or motivating us. We were simply fighting to stay alive and keep out fellow warriors alive. Lif in combats not like life at home.

When a Marine War Dog was lost in Nam Marines grieved. They treated that Marine like every Marine. That is true service wide today. Honoring a dog doing its job and not honoring the men who did their duty on the same mission unfair and nothing more than a stunt. It is comparable to coping a Purple Heart. When Trump accepted Purple Heart from a Vet and then proclaimed he always wanted to get a Purple Heart.
    You do not get Purple Hearts. You earn one, like I earned mine.

Now I will reveal why I get outraged sometimes by DJT. When I took my pre-enlistment physical in August 1959 the Navy doc told me I was 4F and would never have to serve in the Armed Forces. I had a flat arch in my left foot can a concave arch in my right foot. I literally begged that doctor to pass me. He did but said he had to note thatI was unfit for the infantry. I got in, and I made 0311 Infantry. I held that MOS for four years until the docs finally stopped it. Then after training I moved on to Combat Photographer. In summary, I fought the system to become and stay a Marine. So I have little love for a man who avoided military service for bone spurs which could easily have been corrected. And a man who employs others' heroism to self promote. Warriors fight. Coward pLay on warrior's fame.

So I am now signing off for a while. I neither want to read the retribution for my comments, debate this further, or get anyone more pissed off than I already have.

Semper Fi
    Bull,
    I will never question your patriotism
    You have sacrificed more for our Republic than most of us on this forum.
    Because of men such as you, we have the ability to speak our minds and have a peaceful discourse.
    You also strike me as a man who does not like to brag about your experiences or be thought of as special, as you stated, many soldiers have endured much suffering .
    My dad was such a man. It took a lot for me to find out what he went through in the Pacific. He would never speak about it.
    But do not think that lets you off the hook!
    I expect many more lively "discussions" in the future.
    If our paths ever cross, I would be honored to share a bottle with you.
    OldChap, flh and 1942bull like this.

95 percent of the people who regularly bash our POTUS DJT are people whose views and votes lean left, and their dislike for Trump is founded on politics; But they almost never admit to their political orientation, and instead pretend to dislike Trump for 'reasonable', non-political matters. I find this intellectually dishonest and misleading because it deprives us of the true context of the commenter's mindset. If one leans toward the party that opposes Trump, one should clearly state it.

The vast majority of the mainstream media is essentially a propaganda arm for one party and won't report facts or anything that shows Trump and Americans in a good light, so I think it's logical that Trump would use his megaphone to counter the left and promote his American message directly to the American people.

With America in a culture war to save the Republic from leftism, the last thing we should be doing is disagreeing over a love of dogs and Trump's celebration of that. It's Trump's JOB to bring Americans together, and it's not like he can reveal in a celebration the faces of those Army Delta operators to the world, because that would put them and theirs at serious risk.

I just find these little jabs at Trump to be so petty and pathetic, especially in light of the fact that Trump has always been very supportive of our Troops and LEOs, while obama could barely mask his contempt for Mil and LE.
    "If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

"There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links