Defensive Carry banner

Mexican cop killed in cartel retaliation by over 155 rounds.

2K views 36 replies 26 participants last post by  tns0038 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
I generally support due process when fighting crime. However when it comes to the Mexican Cartels I think getting LEOs killed making arrests of high level leaders ought to be replaced by a system of assassinations by snipers. It is not like the target was possibly innocent, and it was inescapable that there would be a severe gunfight. So I would choose to save the lives of the LEOs by assassinating the bad guys in charge. Of course a bomb or rocket from a drone would be good too although not as precise when it comes to collateral casualties. But if it is a WAR on drugs, then fight it like a war. My Marine mentality is driving my thinking in this case.

#8 ·
I generally support due process when fighting crime. However when it comes to the Mexican Cartels I think getting LEOs killed making arrests of high level leaders ought to be replaced by a system of assignations by snipers. It is not like the target was possibly innocent, and it was inescapable that there would be a severe gunfight. So I would choose to save the lives of the LEOs by assenting the bad guys in charge. Of course a bomb or rocket from a drone would be good too although not as precise when it comes to collateral casualties. But if it is a WAR on drugs, then fight it like a war. My Marine mentality is driving my thinking in this case.
Here in our own US when the crime gangs got to be too much, they no longer cared who they were shooting up, Cops family's started being targeted.
The FBI started hiring the Untouchables! They were guys who did not have family's, were paid enough that bribery was difficult, And they lived in common barracks. That also made them difficult to single out.

Mexico is going to have to fight like a cartel in order to push them out. Target anyone who touches the cartels hand. Anyone who gives them safe haven, and anyone who profits from them. And unfortunately their wives and children are not off the table either!
But with Mexico's history, anyone who can defeat the cartels, will then take over the country! DR

#4 ·
"officials insist the release was to protect lives"....

#7 ·
Probably to make sure others know what's in store for them, should they wish to TRY to detain/ eradicate others in the Cartel syndicates. I wonder what would the Cartels think/feel if they were met with 100 Million AR/AK and similar rifle owners, backed up by our Military Forces....to "curtail" their movements/actions. ....Could get "messy and nasty"

#9 ·
The Mexican government does not want to fight the cartels.
Most of them are on the take and make most of their money from them.
The people are going to need to revolt from their government again.
They are going to need a modern day Pancho Villa.
I feel sorry for the every day Mexican who have to live with that horror.
But we have or own problems here in El Norte.
Build the Wall, Deport MS-13 and take back the cities.

#17 ·
Exactly this. The government will not fight the cartels because the government is part of the cartels. Watch "Narcos-Mexico" on Netflix. Fun series about the start of the cartels in Mexico. Based on the truth but it is a drama show. Really illustrates the cartel-gov't-army-federal police force marriage that makes these cartels possible.

#13 ·
Probably, along with their entire family. From what I understand, the police, or more so their national guard didn’t have a fighting chance against the cartel.

I saw a quote on Facebook that said something like if you’re not capable of violence you’re not peaceful, you’re harmless. I’m a firm believer that a lot is solved by violence and the projection of it. Hugs not bullets will never work.

#14 ·
Not to quibble (OK, maybe I am), but I'd be highly surprised if one or two of those early 155+ bullets didn't kill him.

Mexico and the cartels are at war. Unfortunately el presidento is either in their pocket or is a fool. In either case, Mexico is on the losing side. It is unfortunate they are unwilling to take on this scourge with all their might, even if it means declaring martial law or a declaration of war. Trump has already offered to help but was declined. It is going to take a military campaign to defeat these internal armies.

#15 ·
With all my heart I believe the American Marines could take out the cartels in less than a week. Problem fixed, kill them all.

Common sense says that America shouldn’t just walk in and take over no more than we should in Canada if it were to happen there or Spain, I get this however with this flowing over into America then I do see were that’s a game changer :yup:

#19 ·
And who would identify and take them out? The gov't itself is a narco-terrorist organization. There IS no defeating the Mexican cartels without taking out the Mexican gov't itself. Anything on that scale would have to be us. Not sure how I feel about that though. I do not like US military involved in fixing other countries yet there is a certain national security risk to our country as they are our crappy neighbors. I could care less about what Mexico ends up with as a gov't in the end as long as it is not a threat to America. I don't believe in wasting US lives to bring democracy to people that are not worthy of it. We have done that before. I'd be fine with us propping up a dictator there to eliminate all cartel activity, regardless of what he has to do. That would solve the security issue with our southern border with the least use of US treasure and lives.

#20 ·
The reason Mexico will not seriously challenge the cartels is because they know the President and any officials that are responsible for actions would be dead within a week. If they admit this and ask for or accept U.S. assistance it would be admitting weakness.

Any assistance would have to be covert and overwhelming. The problem is how to be both. Perhaps the best opportunity would be while the President is out of the country on a state visit.

#21 ·
True, but that assumes we care what happens to their president. I do not. Not every culture is worthy of democracy and the Mexican people have proven themselves unworthy. The fate of their president should not be a concern at all to us. A secure Mexico without cartels operating in America is all that matters to America. Everyone gets the gov't they deserve.

#26 ·
Take every American we catch selling or using illegal drugs and shot them in the head on the spot. Parking lots, front yards, on the side of the road don’t matter better yet extend the punishment to anyone caught employing illegal immigrants for cheap labor gardeners , cooks, processing plants the whole lot. So as not to be unreasonable I would have a 12 month “cooling” off period for folks to get off the drugs and to get rid of their illegal employees. So as not to appear too soft during those 12 months and have folks think we don’t mean businesses during this cooling off period 1 out of 12 caught violating the new rules would get the full punishment. Oh and close the border of course.

#28 ·
A couple of years ago, cartel violence in Mexico had dropped off a whole lot.

But, it was just a breather. Now it's back and maybe even worse than it was a decade ago. And it was really bad then.

Mexico's corruption is so deeply rooted and so pervasive at all levels of the govt, law enforcement and military that I'm not at all optimistic about it ever being successfully sorted out.

Reactions: The Old Anglo
#29 ·
Mexico's corruption is so deeply rooted and so pervasive at all levels of the govt, law enforcement and military that I'm not at all optimistic about it ever being successfully sorted out.
Some cultures are advanced enough to handle a democratic republic while some cultures require a strong dictator to maintain order. I do not care which style foreign countries have, as long as it does not endanger nor annoy the United States. I do not believe in fighting human nature so there is no point in pushing democracy onto cultures that are not developed enough anyway. I did not really support the part of Bush's strategy to bring democracy to Middle Eastern countries either. It may appear to work at first but will eventually denigrate. People end up with the gov't they deserve.

Mexico probably needs a brutal dictator that is strong enough to destroy the cartels and keep things in line. Problem is money. There is just so much money in the drug trade that I am not certain that a dictator could wring enough cash from Mexico to keep himself and his cronies flush. Maybe though.

#33 ·
The issues in Mexico have been so bad, for so long, I don't believe that a turnaround can occur. Like others, I believe the only time change will come is if the US leadership grows some balls and burns the cartels, that includes the corrupt government, to the ground. Even then, I don't believe a democracy can take hold and flourish there. At least not now. The people are not ready for it. Not unless they rise up, and bring us in to clean the cartels out.

Face it, the government surrendered control long ago. Any attempts some made to regain the control ended in bloodshed and death with the cartels only growing stronger. Honestly, the Mexican people would be better off with one group in power. The endless feuding leads to never ending piles of bodies. The weak get pushed into war by the strong as fodder for the bloodlust of the rulers. One powerful ruler kills less people than the in-fighting of factions. That's why the Chinese people are better off than the Mexicans now. Neither group of peasants is free from violence.

If the US doesn't help pick a side, then we will be forced into war. One way or the other, we need to stand and fight against the ruling Mexican factions. Their violence has been spilling over into the US for years now. Things will only get worse, not better, in the near future. The US at the very least needs to build a wall, and shoot the invaders on sight. Others mentioned some great defensive measures we should take. A kill zone makes sense at this time. It's sad to realize how bad things have gotten, but that is the reality of this time.

#31 ·
What about that undetectable bomb from the Tom Clancy novel?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.