Mexican cop killed in cartel retaliation by over 155 rounds.

This is a discussion on Mexican cop killed in cartel retaliation by over 155 rounds. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So how is that whole "hugs instead of bullets" think working out? Monsters! https://www.foxnews.com/world/mexico...cartel-killing...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Mexican cop killed in cartel retaliation by over 155 rounds.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar

So how is that whole "hugs instead of bullets" think working out?
    Monsters!

https://www.foxnews.com/world/mexico...cartel-killing
    ETXhiker, msgt/ret and Sister like this.

Coming soon to a neighborhood near you
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

Ex Member
    I generally support due process when fighting crime. However when it comes to the Mexican Cartels I think getting LEOs killed making arrests of high level leaders ought to be replaced by a system of assassinations by snipers. It is not like the target was possibly innocent, and it was inescapable that there would be a severe gunfight. So I would choose to save the lives of the LEOs by assassinating the bad guys in charge. Of course a bomb or rocket from a drone would be good too although not as precise when it comes to collateral casualties. But if it is a WAR on drugs, then fight it like a war. My Marine mentality is driving my thinking in this case.
    Last edited by 1942bull; November 8th, 2019 at 06:34 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

"officials insist the release was to protect lives"....
    ETXhiker, CLASS3NH and OldChap like this.
    Every bullet has a lawyer attached to it.

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

Time for 1/4 mile of Land mines and Claymores facing the South side of the Border wall.(1/2 mile from the Wall so there's a "Killing Zone" for the ones who do navigate the mines.) ...Backed with Towers and Patrolled with Global Hawks and Reapers...For the aircraft that try yo fly over the Border.... Just my thoughts... YMMV
    HotBrass45, msgt/ret, OD* and 6 others like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    Interesting, that the video of the assassination was clearly shot on a hand held camera, and the operator knew what was going to happen.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ETXhiker View Post
    Interesting, that the video of the assassination was clearly shot on a hand held camera, and the operator knew what was going to happen.
    Probably to make sure others know what's in store for them, should they wish to TRY to detain/ eradicate others in the Cartel syndicates. I wonder what would the Cartels think/feel if they were met with 100 Million AR/AK and similar rifle owners, backed up by our Military Forces....to "curtail" their movements/actions. ....Could get "messy and nasty"
    ETXhiker, OD*, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    I generally support due process when fighting crime. However when it comes to the Mexican Cartels I think getting LEOs killed making arrests of high level leaders ought to be replaced by a system of assignations by snipers. It is not like the target was possibly innocent, and it was inescapable that there would be a severe gunfight. So I would choose to save the lives of the LEOs by assenting the bad guys in charge. Of course a bomb or rocket from a drone would be good too although not as precise when it comes to collateral casualties. But if it is a WAR on drugs, then fight it like a war. My Marine mentality is driving my thinking in this case.
    Here in our own US when the crime gangs got to be too much, they no longer cared who they were shooting up, Cops family's started being targeted.
    The FBI started hiring the Untouchables! They were guys who did not have family's, were paid enough that bribery was difficult, And they lived in common barracks. That also made them difficult to single out.

Mexico is going to have to fight like a cartel in order to push them out. Target anyone who touches the cartels hand. Anyone who gives them safe haven, and anyone who profits from them. And unfortunately their wives and children are not off the table either!
    But with Mexico's history, anyone who can defeat the cartels, will then take over the country! DR

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    The Mexican government does not want to fight the cartels.
    Most of them are on the take and make most of their money from them.
    The people are going to need to revolt from their government again.
    They are going to need a modern day Pancho Villa.
    I feel sorry for the every day Mexican who have to live with that horror.
    But we have or own problems here in El Norte.
    Build the Wall, Deport MS-13 and take back the cities.
    OldChap, CLASS3NH, MMinSC and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post
    Coming soon to a neighborhood near you
    Took the words right out of my mouth as I was reading the article.
    CLASS3NH and The Old Anglo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    I generally support due process when fighting crime. However when it comes to the Mexican Cartels I think getting LEOs killed making arrests of high level leaders ought to be replaced by a system of assignations by snipers. It is not like the target was possibly innocent, and it was inescapable that there would be a severe gunfight. So I would choose to save the lives of the LEOs by assenting the bad guys in charge. Of course a bomb or rocket from a drone would be good too although not as precise when it comes to collateral casualties. But if it is a WAR on drugs, then fight it like a war. My Marine mentality is driving my thinking in this case.
    I don't usually pick on spelling or grammatical errors, but some are just too hilarious to resist brother, so I apologize in advance.

Snipers having "romantic relationships" with cartel goons!!!

And giving "loud shouts of approval" to the bad guys in charge? Priceless!

But all is not lost...thanks for the "Marine way of thinking" about this. I sure wish someone in authority used that time-tested way of dealing with the issue. I would like to suggest that we pave the way for the Marines with a few cruise missile strikes targeted by careful intelligence gathering.

@KILTED COWBOY The Mexican government no longer wants to tangle with the cartels precisely because the Mexican government IS THE CARTEL for all practical purposes. That is what you call someone who takes money for services in protecting lawlessness.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

So the police give in and release "El Chapoís" son and they still do this. What if they ended up keeping him in custody? Would they have massacred an entire police station?
    The Old Anglo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by m5215 View Post
    So the police give in and release "El Chapoís" son and they still do this. What if they ended up keeping him in custody? Would they have massacred an entire police station?
    Probably, along with their entire family. From what I understand, the police, or more so their national guard didnít have a fighting chance against the cartel.

I saw a quote on Facebook that said something like if youíre not capable of violence youíre not peaceful, youíre harmless. Iím a firm believer that a lot is solved by violence and the projection of it. Hugs not bullets will never work.
    Sister, CLASS3NH, OldChap and 2 others like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

VIP Member
    Not to quibble (OK, maybe I am), but I'd be highly surprised if one or two of those early 155+ bullets didn't kill him.

Mexico and the cartels are at war. Unfortunately el presidento is either in their pocket or is a fool. In either case, Mexico is on the losing side. It is unfortunate they are unwilling to take on this scourge with all their might, even if it means declaring martial law or a declaration of war. Trump has already offered to help but was declined. It is going to take a military campaign to defeat these internal armies.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

With all my heart I believe the American Marines could take out the cartels in less than a week. Problem fixed, kill them all.

Common sense says that America shouldnít just walk in and take over no more than we should in Canada if it were to happen there or Spain, I get this however with this flowing over into America then I do see were thatís a game changer
    The Old Anglo and zonker1986 like this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links