Defensive Carry banner

I'm a day late and a dollar short...

573 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  flh 
#1 ·
This is what the progressives don't seem to understand.... They hate our military and our police.

Soldier Military camouflage Military Army Infantry

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't completely buy the role of the "sheepdog" for civilians, but I understand and appreciate the sentiment.

#5 ·
I've pretty much given my whole life to others, not that that makes me a sheepdog. I've just never been wired to idly stand by and watch helpless people suffer or be slaughtered - not if I can help it. For me, it's never been a matter of their being thankful, or even deserving. My well kept secret is that it isn't about them, it's about me. It is my nature and when innocent others are threatened, it deeply offends me and I have to act.

I sleep well at night. When I was in seminary, I learned the concept of having the figurative blood of others on my hands from some older, more experienced folks. From my years wearing a badge, I learned that there are a number of things much, much worse than dying. Things like living with the memory of someone suffering or dying when I had the ability to prevent it. It has never been about my being successful or not. It is about my willingness to lay my life down, if need be, for another.

I have always considered the USAF PJ motto a good one for me: That Others May Live. That probably sounds strange to a lot of people in our day and age.

#7 ·
This is what the progressives don't seem to understand.... They hate our military and our police.
I believe that they hate anything that is in the way of their agenda, to conform others and then to control. If the police are on their side then they like them, if not then they hate them. There is no depth to low for them to go as long as they win - more about winning than hating IMHO.

I’ve honestly never seen narcissism at this level in my lifetime from all parties, makes me want to go live in the woods and get completely off the grid and away from people in general.

#8 ·
My dad taught me honor.
Taught me to always stand up for those who can't .
Remember getting in trouble in Jr. High for getting into a fight with a bully.
He was not bullying me but another kid too weak to stand up for himself.
Got suspended for 3 days.
Dad took me out to dinner that night and told me he was proud of me.
Gosh I miss that old man.

#10 ·

View attachment 306524
"I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post".
Col Jessep, (Jack Nicholson), "A Few Good Men"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.