I'm a day late and a dollar short...

This is a discussion on I'm a day late and a dollar short... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is what the progressives don't seem to understand.... They hate our military and our police....

Like Tree79Likes
  • 17 Post By G26Raven
  • 10 Post By flh
  • 4 Post By G26Raven
  • 5 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 11 Post By OldChap
  • 4 Post By PPS1980
  • 7 Post By Sister
  • 8 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 4 Post By Grizzly2
  • 4 Post By wmhawth
  • 5 Post By flh

Thread: I'm a day late and a dollar short...

This is what the progressives don't seem to understand.... They hate our military and our police.

I'm a day late and a dollar short...-soldier.jpg
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

flh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I'm a day late and a dollar short...-img_2232.jpg  

OldChap, airslot, BCC73 and 7 others like this.

The Greatest Lesson I Have Learned in Life is that I still have a lot to Learn

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    I don't completely buy the role of the "sheepdog" for civilians, but I understand and appreciate the sentiment.
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    Some things just need to be experienced. A world without police or the military.

Like Unicorns and Faeries.

They're getting there fast.
    airslot, flh, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

I've pretty much given my whole life to others, not that that makes me a sheepdog. I've just never been wired to idly stand by and watch helpless people suffer or be slaughtered - not if I can help it. For me, it's never been a matter of their being thankful, or even deserving. My well kept secret is that it isn't about them, it's about me. It is my nature and when innocent others are threatened, it deeply offends me and I have to act.

I sleep well at night. When I was in seminary, I learned the concept of having the figurative blood of others on my hands from some older, more experienced folks. From my years wearing a badge, I learned that there are a number of things much, much worse than dying. Things like living with the memory of someone suffering or dying when I had the ability to prevent it. It has never been about my being successful or not. It is about my willingness to lay my life down, if need be, for another.

I have always considered the USAF PJ motto a good one for me: That Others May Live. That probably sounds strange to a lot of people in our day and age.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Distinguished Member
    For those that have never experienced want, cold, hunger the lack of having everything they want immediately is too horrible to tolerate.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    This is what the progressives don't seem to understand.... They hate our military and our police.
    I believe that they hate anything that is in the way of their agenda, to conform others and then to control. If the police are on their side then they like them, if not then they hate them. There is no depth to low for them to go as long as they win - more about winning than hating IMHO.

Iíve honestly never seen narcissism at this level in my lifetime from all parties, makes me want to go live in the woods and get completely off the grid and away from people in general.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    My dad taught me honor.
    Taught me to always stand up for those who can't .
    Remember getting in trouble in Jr. High for getting into a fight with a bully.
    He was not bullying me but another kid too weak to stand up for himself.
    Got suspended for 3 days.
    Dad took me out to dinner that night and told me he was proud of me.
    Gosh I miss that old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    I believe that they hate anything that is in the way of their agenda, to conform others and then to control. If the police are on their side then they like them, if not then they hate them. There is no depth to low for them to go as long as they win - more about winning than hating IMHO.

Iíve honestly never seen narcissism at this level in my lifetime from all parties, makes me want to go live in the woods and get completely off the grid and away from people in general.
    That's what happens when we no longer teach, "deny self and take up your cross" in the churches, homes or schools. What we are seeing today is the inevitable result. We reap what we sow and too many are sowing to self.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Soldier.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	306524
    "I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post".
    Col Jessep, (Jack Nicholson), "A Few Good Men"

flh
    I don't completely buy the role of the "sheepdog" for civilians, but I understand and appreciate the sentiment.
    Thin blue line

The Greatest Lesson I Have Learned in Life is that I still have a lot to Learn

Sponsored Links