Starbucks barista writes 'Pig' on police officer's cup - Page 3

Starbucks barista writes 'Pig' on police officer's cup

This is a discussion on Starbucks barista writes 'Pig' on police officer's cup within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by msgt/ret Personally I will take truck stop coffee any day over Starbucks, when I want coffee I want coffee. Not some 16+ ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: Starbucks barista writes 'Pig' on police officer's cup

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Personally I will take truck stop coffee any day over Starbucks, when I want coffee I want coffee. Not some 16+ oz eco-friendly cup of cream, sugar and flavorings and maybe ½ teaspoon of coffee.
    They do have straight up coffee that isn't the so-called 16+ oz of cream, sugar, and flavorings and 1/2 teaspoon of coffee you suggest. It's brewed just like any other coffee. And likewise, they offer something a bit higher in bean quality than the restaurant food-supplier bagged Folgers.

Most of the others are "espresso" drinks, which are much stronger brews than your truck stop coffee. With Starbucks making millions on their annual income statements, clearly there is a much larger coffee markets than just truck-stop coffee drinkers. With a regular cup of coffee running $2.50 here in any diner, their espresso drinks running from $2- $5 aren't far off the market prices.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    New headline:

Starbucks barista writes 'unemployed' on ex employee's coffee cup

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    They do have straight up coffee that isn't the so-called 16+ oz of cream, sugar, and flavorings and 1/2 teaspoon of coffee you suggest. It's brewed just like any other coffee. And likewise, they offer something a bit higher in bean quality than the restaurant food-supplier bagged Folgers.

Most of the others are "espresso" drinks, which are much stronger brews than your truck stop coffee. With Starbucks making millions on their annual income statements, clearly there is a much larger coffee markets than just truck-stop coffee drinkers. With a regular cup of coffee running $2.50 here in any diner, their espresso drinks running from $2- $5 aren't far off the market prices.
    Yep. I don’t think I’ve ordered a mocha in another coffee shop that was priced much cheaper than Starbucks.
    We get the government we deserve.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Their burnt coffee is crap and expensive.. No desire to ever go there again. Plus they openly embrace a radical leftist ideology that I personally detest.
    Besides the local Price Chopper chain grocery store has FREE coffee and donuts/muffins every Tuesday for seniors, and the coffee is always fresh, and actually quite good.. Big 16 oz cups too.. oh yeah, and free!

Honestly, Starbucks just has that burnt bitter taste in the coffee that a lot of people enjoy.. My wife and myself prefer a smoother, less strong/burnt taste.. When we buy coffee out we go to Dunkin donuts.. Pretty decent coffee, and we have been getting free donuts there for years with online coupons.

. I'm a senior.. thats what seniors do i guess.- look for free coffee and donuts and then use 4 gallons of gas getting to and from the free donuts and coffee.. bob

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    . I'm a senior.. thats what seniors do i guess.- look for free coffee and donuts and then use 4 gallons of gas getting to and from the free donuts and coffee.. bob
    Don't forget driving across town to buy gas one cent cheaper per gallon.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo View Post
    There is absolutely no excuse to ever do this. Like the police, hate the police, indifferent, does not matter.

The "Barista" should be fired. Period.
    And would you say that any police officer that disrespects citizens should be fired?
    Rabbit212 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BamaT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead1026 View Post
    I’ve been “boycotting” Starbucks for years. Yeah, their politics suck, but their products are overpriced and their coffee tastes burnt. I’ve avoided the place since long before stuff like “pigs” became commonly known.
    Me too. Their coffee is truly awful, and it is burned on purpose. It’s a total mystery to me why anyone would want to drink that. I quit going there many years ago because of their product, then came their politics, another reason to stay away.
    rotorhead1026 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Ex Member
    Just read on CNN at 12:03 AM that the nasty barista was fired by Starbucks. I like that, but I do not like their coffee.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post
    You and me both. I’ll take McD’s over SB’s any day. SB’s overcooks their coffee and it always tastes like hot horse piss.
    And just how do you know what hot horse..........you know what forget I asked.
    LimaCharlie likes this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho41 View Post
    And would you say that any police officer that disrespects citizens should be fired?
    Absolutely. LEOs should be held to a higher standard.
    Marc_Brooks, OldVet and Havok like this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Yes!
    Havok likes this.

Its a good thing we live in a kinder gentler America! Where everyone is respectful of others feelings! DR

I think such an officer should be disciplined commensurate with the offense. That might be firing or just a suspension or even a letter of reprimand depending on the details.

The distinction I see with your question is that Starbucks is in a customer service-oriented retail business. A barista who goes out of their way to disrespect any customer, cop or not, hurts the business and should be let go for that reason. The fact that this made the headlines just makes it stand out. I would hope Starbucks would fire a barista who wrote anything derogatory on any customer's cup.

Cops sometimes have to get in contentious situations with citizens to do their jobs and they are human. Sometimes the heat of the moment can get the better of them and I cut them a little slack for that. But the barista's whole job is make customers happy and this one didn't.

This thread would not be complete without this video:
    SFury, Havok, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Nope. Different types of jobs. CS jobs are all about keeping the customers happy. It means being neutral at all times. That's what all baristas, and other foodservice employees are. Customer service reps have to be trying to make people happy.

As a fellow CS person, I go out of my way to try and treat everyone equally. Even those who deserve no respect in my workplace. That's my job. I do IT work, and I'm the first person people come to when needing help.

Police are not in that type of work. They are trying to keep the criminals from getting out of hand and keeping the normal folks safe. Sure, they need to polite to an extent. Other times, they should shovel the crap they get back at the idiots. Criminals don't get civility and view it as weakness.

Sure, there is a line LEOs should not cross, but it isn't anywhere near the same standard actual CS people MUST be held to. Should sales people fail to do their jobs because they insult the customers, the business will fold. If an officer gives a rude and disrespectful moron some of their crap back, well, the day goes on. Police are not peddling a product. They are more like construction workers. They show up, do their job, and things get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    And just how do you know what hot horse..........you know what forget I asked.
    When you grow up in Wyoming you come away with a lot of interesting experiences and little-known factoids
    Rabbit212 likes this.
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links