Starbucks barista writes 'Pig' on police officer's cup - Page 4

Starbucks barista writes 'Pig' on police officer's cup

This is a discussion on Starbucks barista writes 'Pig' on police officer's cup within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by BamaT Me too. Their coffee is truly awful, and it is burned on purpose. Itís a total mystery to me why anyone ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: Starbucks barista writes 'Pig' on police officer's cup

Quote Originally Posted by BamaT View Post
    Me too. Their coffee is truly awful, and it is burned on purpose. Itís a total mystery to me why anyone would want to drink that. I quit going there many years ago because of their product, then came their politics, another reason to stay away.
    Do you know that all coffee is burnt, as you call it, or "roasted" as the coffee companies call it. Otherwise, your coffee beans would be their natural almost white color.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Nix
    How much stock do you have in Starbucks, OV?
    OD* likes this.

If I boycotted every company that offended someone sometime, I would never leave the house or buy anything.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Nix
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    If I boycotted every company that offended someone sometime, I would never leave the house or buy anything.
    Explains why I'm at home so much........
    wmhawth and OD* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post

. I'm a senior.. thats what seniors do i guess.- look for free coffee and donuts and then use 4 gallons of gas getting to and from the free donuts and coffee.. bob
    I remember when customers would ask my dad if he gave senior citizen discounts.

He would always reply, "No, you had 70 years to save up for this".
    forester58, msgt/ret, OD* and 2 others like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    I remember when customers would ask my dad if he gave senior citizen discounts.

He would always reply, "No, you had 70 years to save up for this".
    Ha, that's a good one.
    MMinSC and OD* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    How much stock do you have in Starbucks, OV?
    Not a dime but wish I did. It's not about Starbucks, it's more about ignorance of the company (and others) and its situation.
    Havok and wmhawth like this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array BamaT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Do you know that all coffee is burnt, as you call it, or "roasted" as the coffee companies call it. Otherwise, your coffee beans would be their natural almost white color.
    Not all coffee is burned, as evidenced by different degrees of roast. An insider in that business told me that Starbucks in particular roasts the beans to the point of being burned, and it takes away a lot of the nuances of different beans and their county of origin. The reason Starbucks does that is for consistency in their coffee, which also allows for a cheaper grade of bean. That is evidenced by the flavor, and also by an insider.
    Nix likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Nix
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Not a dime but wish I did. It's not about Starbucks, it's more about ignorance of the company (and others) and its situation.
    I wish I'd been smart enough to buy Starbuck's stock back in 2000. In hindsight it was a no-brainer investment. $4 then, $85 now. I could afford that Les Baer I lust after.....
    OldVet and MMinSC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Nope. Different types of jobs. CS jobs are all about keeping the customers happy. It means being neutral at all times. That's what all baristas, and other foodservice employees are. Customer service reps have to be trying to make people happy.

As a fellow CS person, I go out of my way to try and treat everyone equally. Even those who deserve no respect in my workplace. That's my job. I do IT work, and I'm the first person people come to when needing help.

Police are not in that type of work. They are trying to keep the criminals from getting out of hand and keeping the normal folks safe. Sure, they need to polite to an extent. Other times, they should shovel the crap they get back at the idiots. Criminals don't get civility and view it as weakness.

Sure, there is a line LEOs should not cross, but it isn't anywhere near the same standard actual CS people MUST be held to. Should sales people fail to do their jobs because they insult the customers, the business will fold. If an officer gives a rude and disrespectful moron some of their crap back, well, the day goes on. Police are not peddling a product. They are more like construction workers. They show up, do their job, and things get done.
    I think you are right, except if the cop went out of his way to demean someone for their job, race, sex, etc they would have no business being a Cop. DR
    M1911A1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaT View Post
    Not all coffee is burned, as evidenced by different degrees of roast. An insider in that business told me that Starbucks in particular roasts the beans to the point of being burned, and it takes away a lot of the nuances of different beans and their county of origin. The reason Starbucks does that is for consistency in their coffee, which also allows for a cheaper grade of bean. That is evidenced by the flavor, and also by an insider.
    Well, I hate to tell you your "insider" is wrong on all accounts. Starbucks buys coffees from all areas of the world, each with a uniqueness of their own, and roasts them to various grades, depending on the individual beans. It is the roasting that brings out the flavors and oils that you taste, and to make the claim that all Starbucks coffees taste the same shows a lack of experience in tasting the various kids of coffee Starbucks produces.

If you want to stick with your Maxwell House or Folgers, so be it, but those are the cheap coffees of the world.
    MMinSC and msgt/ret like this.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    boggles my mind people dump zillions in these places daily. When you can get great whole fresh roasted beans for home , get a decent grinder for daily fresh ground. regular coffee pot with timer, or water heater and french press, or a decent espresso maker. At saving 4-6 bucks a pop, you can afford to get great beans and good equipment. Best coffee you can get, at home while you are getting ready in the morning, in less time that it takes to go through drive through or instore at 10x the price.

Nix
    Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    boggles my mind people dump zillions in these places daily. When you can get great whole fresh roasted beans for home , get a decent grinder for daily fresh ground. regular coffee pot with timer, or water heater and french press, or a decent espresso maker. At saving 4-6 bucks a pop, you can afford to get great beans and good equipment. Best coffee you can get, at home while you are getting ready in the morning, in less time that it takes to go through drive through or instore at 10x the price.

Even better: roast your own beans. Best coffee ever. Home roasted, stored for 24-48 hours, then ground as needed.
    CommonCents likes this.

A tidbit for thought: That great, vacuum-packed bag of fresh coffee grounds you enjoy so much? It's stale. Fresh coffee beans emit gases, thus the reason for puffed up bags with those little relief valves built in. If a bag of coffee holds a vacuum, it's old enough to have stopped out gassing.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    I would love to know how to save $6 on my $5 venti drink. Especially knowing how much my espresso machine and the coffee for it costs. Thats not even factoring in when they sometimes give me free drinks when Im in my work uniform. I know...terrible employees.
    OldVet, MMinSC and wmhawth like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links