Starbucks barista writes 'Pig' on police officer's cup - Page 5

Starbucks barista writes 'Pig' on police officer's cup

This is a discussion on Starbucks barista writes 'Pig' on police officer's cup within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by CommonCents boggles my mind people dump zillions in these places daily. When you can get great whole fresh roasted beans for home ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: Starbucks barista writes 'Pig' on police officer's cup

Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    boggles my mind people dump zillions in these places daily. When you can get great whole fresh roasted beans for home , get a decent grinder for daily fresh ground. regular coffee pot with timer, or water heater and french press, or a decent espresso maker. At saving 4-6 bucks a pop, you can afford to get great beans and good equipment. Best coffee you can get, at home while you are getting ready in the morning, in less time that it takes to go through drive through or instore at 10x the price.
    10X the price? Really? Stop at any diner and a cup of generic restaurant food supplier coffee will run $2-$2.50. What boggles my mind is an assumption everyone's cup of coffee might waste $4-$6 at a Starbucks. Sure, I can make coffee cheaper at home or pay $2.50 for a cup of Denny's swill--and do--just as I can make burgers and steak at home cheaper than getting them at a restaurant, but sometimes I want to eat a steak or drink a latte when I'm out. And I don't drink enough lattes to justify buying a decent espresso machine or bothering with cleaning one up.

Heck, we might as well take all the beer brands off the market and issue everyone a beer brewing kit or sell only Billy Beer in the stores. I mean, it's still beer, right? Preferences for something of an upgrade don't matter.
    MMinSC, Havok, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array BamaT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Well, I hate to tell you your "insider" is wrong on all accounts. Starbucks buys coffees from all areas of the world, each with a uniqueness of their own, and roasts them to various grades, depending on the individual beans. It is the roasting that brings out the flavors and oils that you taste, and to make the claim that all Starbucks coffees taste the same shows a lack of experience in tasting the various kids of coffee Starbucks produces.

If you want to stick with your Maxwell House or Folgers, so be it, but those are the cheap coffees of the world.
    Wrong. He is an absolute expert, quite unlike you, and I despise the crap blends you mentioned. You know nothing of the coffees I like, and you are wrong on the previous issue.
    NRA Life Member

Nix
    So, if French Roast is like a 9mm......and City Roast is like a 357 Sig.......what does that make American Roast? And should I carry that in my "high cap thermos"?

Addendum: I'm glad the offending barista got a pink slip. Hope she spends her unemployment benefits on crystal meth.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Well, I have quite a few Starbucks gift cards. So I do do the drive thru or go in. My local coffee shops are all well managed.
    I do like grinding my own beans on occasion.
    I used to have a great connection for some pure Kona. Coffee that is.

Unfortunately there are idiot employees in every organization. Cull them when you can.
    OldVet and KevinRohrer like this.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Nope. Different types of jobs. CS jobs are all about keeping the customers happy. It means being neutral at all times. That's what all baristas, and other foodservice employees are. Customer service reps have to be trying to make people happy.

As a fellow CS person, I go out of my way to try and treat everyone equally. Even those who deserve no respect in my workplace. That's my job. I do IT work, and I'm the first person people come to when needing help.

Police are not in that type of work. They are trying to keep the criminals from getting out of hand and keeping the normal folks safe. Sure, they need to polite to an extent. Other times, they should shovel the crap they get back at the idiots. Criminals don't get civility and view it as weakness.

Sure, there is a line LEOs should not cross, but it isn't anywhere near the same standard actual CS people MUST be held to. Should sales people fail to do their jobs because they insult the customers, the business will fold. If an officer gives a rude and disrespectful moron some of their crap back, well, the day goes on. Police are not peddling a product. They are more like construction workers. They show up, do their job, and things get done.
    You're right. If a person in the private sector does something that can bring disrespect upon the company, they will be held to task. A person in the public sector, not so much. I see no reasons why taxpayer who fund the police and give them significant powers over us should accept if an officer abuses that power against law abiding citizens. Every such instance tarnishes the reputation of the other officers that do their job honorably and only furthers the negative image some people have towards law enforcement.
    OldVet and M1911A1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaT View Post
    Wrong. He is an absolute expert, quite unlike you, and I despise the crap blends you mentioned. You know nothing of the coffees I like, and you are wrong on the previous issue.
    No, I do not know anything about the coffees you like, but a simple look at the color of the various lines of beans Starbucks sell will show that they are not all roasted the same, the color varying from light to dark. That much I did learn while in the week-long training class at Starbucks.
    Pete63 likes this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by sammeow View Post
    Well, I have quite a few Starbucks gift cards. So I do do the drive thru or go in. My local coffee shops are all well managed.

Unfortunately there are idiot employees in every organization. Cull them when you can.
    And there you have it.
    sammeow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    If I boycotted every company that offended someone sometime, I would never leave the house or buy anything.
    I saves me a lot of time, money, gasoline, and effort this way. It leaves me w/ more time, money and resources to load ammo and shoot.
    Last edited by KevinRohrer; November 30th, 2019 at 09:18 PM.
    Nix and M1911A1 like this.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

I'm a gas station coffee guy. My wife likes starbucks. She wanted coffee today while we were out and about. I compromised and we stopped at a non chain local coffee house. It was still expensive, and the menu still had lots of words on it that didn't say "coffee". If I want to go somewhere and just sit and have coffee, I'm more comfortable sitting at a local diner where the entire coffee menu says "coffee" than a "coffee house".
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Starbucks seems to be pro military and veteran, so like many have said there are idiots everywhere.

We believe Veterans & Military Spouses make our company better & our communities stronger. In 2013, we committed to hiring 10,000 Veterans and Military Spouses by 2018. We reached that goal two years ahead of schedule. In 2018, we increased our commitment to hiring 25,000 Veterans and Military Spouses by 2025. We exceeded that goal and hired 25,000 Veterans and Military Spouses six years ahead of schedule. And were not stopping there. Moving forward, we aspire to hire 5,000 Veterans and Military Spouses annually.

Our commitment extends beyond hiring. Were offering expanded benefits, including education opportunities. We have also opened over 60 Starbucks Military Family Stores across the U.S., and plan to dedicate 70 more by 2022. These are places where veterans and military families can work, connect and find transition guidance and information.

Through our partnerships, our goal is to be the leading corporate advocate and voice for transitioning veterans, military spouses and military families.
    LimaCharlie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sammeow View Post

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    And there you have it.
    Exactly. Just because someone in Oklahoma hired a brain dead flunky to impersonate a barista doesn't mean I should give up my morning Starbucks. I like a good French Roast. There could be better ones out there than Starbucks but I haven't found them.
    OldVet likes this.

VIP Member
    Yet ANOTHER instance of Starbucks pervasive anti-LEO attitude shows up, in all places California (I'm shocked!)

https://www.breitbart.com/local/2019...fused-service/
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Im sure this person had thin blue line stickers all over their vehicle prior to being hired at Starbucks and converting to being anti police.
    We get the government we deserve.

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    I'd give up coffee before I'd set foot in that "Outhouse".......never.
    Wolf357 likes this.
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

Who was it that said, " I wasn't planning on going for a run today.....then the Game Wardens came out of nowhere".

Quote Originally Posted by jonny7722 View Post
    Starbucks seems to be pro military and veteran, so like many have said there are idiots everywhere.

We believe Veterans & Military Spouses make our company better & our communities stronger. In 2013, we committed to hiring 10,000 Veterans and Military Spouses by 2018. We reached that goal two years ahead of schedule. In 2018, we increased our commitment to hiring 25,000 Veterans and Military Spouses by 2025. We exceeded that goal and hired 25,000 Veterans and Military Spouses six years ahead of schedule. And were not stopping there. Moving forward, we aspire to hire 5,000 Veterans and Military Spouses annually.

Our commitment extends beyond hiring. Were offering expanded benefits, including education opportunities. We have also opened over 60 Starbucks Military Family Stores across the U.S., and plan to dedicate 70 more by 2022. These are places where veterans and military families can work, connect and find transition guidance and information.

Through our partnerships, our goal is to be the leading corporate advocate and voice for transitioning veterans, military spouses and military families.
    This is nothing more than PC BS meant for them to appear touchy-feely. When they first issued this statement, I went to my local Starbucks and encountered a young girl wearing a Starbucks/Army Veteran apron. My being an Army veteran, I could tell from looking at this teeny-bopper that she had never gone through anything more strenuous than High School Physical Ed. I asked her what she had done in the Army, and was told that she was planning to join the National Guard. ***?! Another Epic Fail for Starbucks.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links