another naval base shootout

This is a discussion on another naval base shootout within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; https://www.foxnews.com/us/naval-air...n-place-issued It has been speculated that this shooter was triggered by what happened in Hawaii....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: another naval base shootout

VIP Member

https://www.foxnews.com/us/naval-air...n-place-issued

It has been speculated that this shooter was triggered by what happened in Hawaii.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.
    FCC Radiotelephone and amateur radio licensed.
    Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

I just don't get the whole copycat phenomena.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

VIP Member
    What the heck is going on at Naval bases?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I was just there last week at the commissary. NAS Pensacola forbids any firearms on their installation. This goes to show you how well gun free zones work! The policy varies by installation and is up to the commanders discretion. This incident is very sad indeed!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Ex Member
    I do not know if it is a faulty perception on my past, but it seems to me that the incidence of psychologically disturbed people resorting to gun violence is increasing. I cannot remember years gone by in which the news of deranged people seem a prevalent as it seems to me today. Maybe there has not been an increase and the reason is the increasing level of news reporting we have today through websites. Or are there actually a growing number of violent psychologically disturbed people? I do not know, but I wish I did.
    M1911A1 likes this.

VIP Member
    Sad. Doesn't that NAS also house the Naval Aviation Museum?
    5lima30ret and CLASS3NH like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Sad. Doesn't that NAS also house the Naval Aviation Museum?
    Yes, just inside the Blue Angel gate. *Side note: a very worthy (free admission) museum to see even for an Air Force vet!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

VIP Member
    If you cannot feel safe at a military base on US soil, where can you feel safe anymore?
    airslot likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    Yes, just inside the Blue Angel gate. *Side note: a very worthy (free admission) museum to see even for an Air Force vet!
    I thought I had seen it there. Under-represents Corps Aviation but its still a great place to go if you love flying machines.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    I do not know if it is a faulty perception on my past, but it seems to me that the incidence of psychologically disturbed people resorting to gun violence is increasing. I cannot remember years gone by in which the news of deranged people seem a prevalent as it seems to me today. Maybe there has not been an increase and the reason is the increasing level of news reporting we have today through websites. Or are there actually a growing number of violent psychologically disturbed people? I do not know, but I wish I did.
    This IS the exact reason for the increase! Perfect storm, for these sick people to satisfy their twisted "got to have fame/I AM IMPORTANT as SOON as I can/instant gratification, because guns can be used by simpletons not adept at more complicated forms of lashing out. The news media "propels this storm without doubt", but say's it's "NOT THEIR FAULT, AS THEY'RE JUST REPORTING THE NEWS! It's like a tornado that grows & grows. Nothing can stop it. "If I don't report it also, I'm left out, & my ratings will slip"! The 24 hour news format is a big part of this! It "fuels the very problem it wish's to vilify"!
    CLASS3NH, flh, msgt/ret and 3 others like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Back in 2015, I was there for my Son's Graduation from CIZZO ( Combat Systems Officer) School (USAF shares an area near the Angels' Flightline) My kid told me they was VERY strict on weapons on Base, and to leave my CC at his Apt.....At the Gate, IDs were shown, and the Guards asked "any weapons in your vehicle"......Either way, this is a very sad day for those who protect us, and they are not able to protect themselves from a deranged and determined individual...May God be with all the victims and their Families at this time..
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Nix
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    The policy varies by installation and is up to the commanders discretion. This incident is very sad indeed!

I've never been on a military installation that permitted carry of personal weapons. Ownership and transport, yes. But not carry.
    graydude likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    This IS the exact reason for the increase! Perfect storm, for these sick people to satisfy their twisted "got to have fame/I AM IMPORTANT as SOON as I can/instant gratification, because guns can be used by simpletons not adept at more complicated forms of lashing out. The news media "propels this storm without doubt", but say's it's "NOT THEIR FAULT, AS THEY'RE JUST REPORTING THE NEWS! It's like a tornado that grows & grows. Nothing can stop it. "If I don't report it also, I'm left out, & my ratings will slip"! The 24 hour news format is a big part of this! It "fuels the very problem it wish's to vilify"!
    They all need to get their "15 Min of Fame"
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Impeachment must not be getting the support they want.
    duane_wade, OD*, Poorly and 3 others like this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    I've never been on a military installation that permitted carry of personal weapons. Ownership and transport, yes. But not carry.
    DoD changed the regulation in 2015ish to allow the base commander discretion on that subject. Many are so incredibly PC that they was adamantly opposed, only a few have opted to allow with registration through the Provost and such.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links