Iran's Gen. Soleimani buys the farm - Page 8

Iran's Gen. Soleimani buys the farm

This is a discussion on Iran's Gen. Soleimani buys the farm within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; When Obama sent buckets of cash to Iran? It reminded me of the little kid in the schoolyard, no friends, new to the school. Giving ...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree940Likes

Thread: Iran's Gen. Soleimani buys the farm

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    When Obama sent buckets of cash to Iran? It reminded me of the little kid in the schoolyard, no friends, new to the school. Giving up his lunch cash, to appease? Not in President Trump,s school!
    airslot, MMinSC, msgt/ret and 4 others like this.

Looks like game on.

Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei's military adviser said Sunday that Tehran will target “military sites” in response to the killing of Gen. Qasem Soleimani, commander of Iran’s Quds Force, in a U.S. drone strike.

"The response for sure will be military and against military sites,” Hossein Dehghan, a former Iranian defense minister, told CNN. Dehghan also said that Iran “will not be seeking war” after the killing of Soleimani.

"It was America that has started the war. Therefore, they should accept appropriate reactions to their actions. The only thing that can end this period of war is for the Americans to receive a blow that is equal to the blow they have inflicted,” he told the network.

“Afterward they should not seek a new cycle."
    https://thehill.com/policy/internati...will-target-us
    MMinSC, airslot and msgt/ret like this.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

......"It was America that has started the war. Therefore, they should accept appropriate reactions to their actions. The only thing that can end this period of war is for the Americans to receive a blow that is equal to the blow they have inflicted,” he told the network..... -Former Iran Defense Minister

Ok then. We killed their #3 person in the Iranian gov't. America receiving a blow from Iran that is equal seems fair to me. Nancy Pelosi is the #3 person in our gov't.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Nix
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    ......"It was America that has started the war. Therefore, they should accept appropriate reactions to their actions. The only thing that can end this period of war is for the Americans to receive a blow that is equal to the blow they have inflicted,” he told the network.....
    I don't think it was the Americans who 'started' the 'war.'

But I imagine we could finish it.
    OD*, MMinSC, msgt/ret and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    I don't think it was the Americans who 'started' the 'war.'

But I imagine we could finish it.
    I don't either. That was a quote from the former defense minister of Iran.

It does look like we can finish it quite well with the current administration though.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

We drew a line in the sand. They will cross the line. We will destroy their three little rag tag refineries. They will not have a source of income. Russia and China will cintinue with America is bad propaganda.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Frodebro View Post
    Truth be told, I'm kinda actually surprised that the leftists would be so bold as to jump to the condemnation of Trump without hesitation here. I mean, sure, I know most of them are certifiably looney, but we're talking about the elimination of known freaking terrorists! Apparently they're so blinded by their hatred of Trump that they feel that standing up for evil is somehow justified. They probably just lost quite a few more supporters with this latest little display of idiocy.
    Not me. They are not on our side, and they expect that most people do not know enough to be able to figure it out for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanBob View Post
    Suppose it would have leaked out that Trump passed on an opportunity to kill Soleimani, I'd bet the Dems would have been screaming COLLUSION!
    From now until Election Day, Republicans should remind voters what happened when Clinton pass up opportunities to kill OBL, along with showing the kind of person Soleimani is.

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    On the talking heads shows this Sunday morning.
    They said that the Iraqi government is talking about making all foreign troop leave the country.
    Talk about gratitude!
    Trump ran on bringing to troops home and getting us out of endless wars.
    Trump is wolf smart, perhaps he saw no downside in this action.
    If the Iranian’s got the message and chilled a bit good.
    If the Iraq’s got pissed and asked us to leave, that would be his exit strategy.
    Either way I am good.
    Yes many would say all the lives and money we spent were now wasted if Iraq devolved back.
    But staying there and in Afghanistan forever is not one either.
    We can’t force people to embrace western ideas of freedom.
    The sooner we learn that lesson the better.
    We need to protect our interests without never ended occupations.
    We now have the technology and the naval power(especially with our new super carriers) to attack any threat without boots on the ground. Boots on the ground should only be reserved for occupying a country, which is something I hope we never get involved in doing again.

In my opinion, no matter when we leave Iraq, it will “go back” to how it “was”. Our presence there is just masking reality. They will never be a thriving first world non corrupt country. The big problem I see is that nobody wants to be the one to make the decision and be blamed for us not finishing what we started. Much easier to just kick the can down the road.
    We get the government we deserve.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Not me. They are not on our side, and they expect that most people do not know enough to be able to figure it out for themselves.

From now until Election Day, Republicans should remind voters what happened when Clinton pass up opportunities to kill OBL, along with showing the kind of person Soleimani is.

^^^ This ^^^
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

Iran's Gen. Soleimani buys the farm-flags.png
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    ......"It was America that has started the war. Therefore, they should accept appropriate reactions to their actions. The only thing that can end this period of war is for the Americans to receive a blow that is equal to the blow they have inflicted,” he told the network..... -Former Iran Defense Minister

Ok then. We killed their #3 person in the Iranian gov't. America receiving a blow from Iran that is equal seems fair to me. Nancy Pelosi is the #3 person in our gov't.
    That is just hysterical.
    Nancy for Sulimani, heck we will even let them know where she will be.

I think they would be more likely to get us back by donating to her campaign than killing her. They know she is far more damaging to us alive than dead.
    We get the government we deserve.

Senior Moderator
    This quote from Ayaan Ali Hirsi, former Muslim, intellectual and writer, says it well:

"By declaring our Prophet infallible and not permitting ourselves to question him, we Muslims had set up a static tyranny. The Prophet Muhammad attempted to legislate every aspect of life. By adhering to his rules of what is permitted and what is forbidden, we Muslims supressed the freedom to think for ourselves and to act as we chose. We froze the moral outlook of billions of people into the mindset of the Arab desert in the seventh century.

We were not just servants of Allah, we were slaves." ~ Ayaan Hirsi Ali
    They are all trapped in the mindset of the seventh century desert.

It will never change. Never.

Until Islam is modernized, which by definition, will never occur.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; January 5th, 2020 at 09:40 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Frodebro View Post
    Truth be told, I'm kinda actually surprised that the leftists would be so bold as to jump to the condemnation of Trump without hesitation here. I mean, sure, I know most of them are certifiably looney, but we're talking about the elimination of known freaking terrorists! Apparently they're so blinded by their hatred of Trump that they feel that standing up for evil is somehow justified. They probably just lost quite a few more supporters with this latest little display of idiocy.
    It is now an Election Year. Trump could cure Cancer, and the Left would accuse him of taking jobs from the medical profession.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion
    "Laws are nothing more than guidelines for honest citizens to follow. Criminals care nothing for laws or their consequences, or the Police or Courts. Getting caught is nothing more to them than a minor inconvenience".--Me

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links