The Iranians didn't listen - Page 5

The Iranians didn't listen

This is a discussion on The Iranians didn't listen within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by gnius The reality has nothing to do with appearance. Watch CNN and BBC today and tell me that's not exactly what it ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree482Likes

Thread: The Iranians didn't listen

Quote Originally Posted by gnius View Post
    The reality has nothing to do with appearance. Watch CNN and BBC today and tell me that's not exactly what it sounds like.
    Who cares what they say? There is no win for Trump with either of them. If he does nothing, he is weak, if he does anything, he is a war hawk.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Huh? An American contractor is killed and we respond by killing over 2 dozen terrorists. An embassy is attacked with a future attack being planned and we kill the Iranian equivalent of the CIA director. Iran responds by firing off some rockets at a base, that would be a non story if not for the events leading up to it, and we view Soleimanis death as worth it, and somehow we appear weak?
    Yeah, there's no way to cut it that we came out worse than Iran here. Trump played this really well. The media, of course, will not admit that.
    Havok, Risasi, msgt/ret and 4 others like this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Who cares what they say? There is no win for Trump with either of them. If he does nothing, he is weak, if he does anything, he is a war hawk.
    My assessment has nothing to do with Trump, merely with what this actually looks like on the international stage. I do believe he played this as well as this could have been played.
    Petroleum 1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Yeah, there's no way to cut it that we came out worse than Iran here. Trump played this really well. The media, of course, will not admit that.
    The President is playing chess (in multiple dimensions) while the Dems and media are playing checkers.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

My assessment has nothing to do with Trump, merely with what this actually looks like on the international stage. I do believe he played this as well as this could have been played.
    Fair enough. I just don’t see the importance of relating the actual outcome of his actions to what is being reported by people who defend terrorists who would take pleasure in killing them and live streaming it online. I’m sure they were also completely silent about how Obama’s failures enabled all of this.

Yet again I feel like the Persians have made an excellent well-calculated political move that we cannot effectively counter because we are internally weak. They have managed to create an appearance of being a victim, having the ability and willingness to enact a dramatic military response, and they measuring it in such a way as to avoid any US casualties, thus negating any possibility of response that would not be viewed as excessive. Given our internal political climate of Trump-blaming and congressional indecision this was a brilliant move. They attacked the US military, and will not be punished in any way. They can now quell internal tension, appear stronger on the global stage, and all it cost them were a few missiles that were aimed deliberately to miss (most likely). At the same time they will contribute to our internal strife, as the Democrat party will now literally betray our interests to support our enemies. I mean they may be our enemy, but you've got to hand it to their intelligence, military, and diplomatic corps.
    We'll see about that once even more economic sanctions hit. It's a multi-faceted war that's being played against Iran, much like against the Chicoms and their little barking dog, DPRK (Xi shakes the leash and Wocketman barks).

In Iran's case PDJT is also calling for NATO to get their butts over there too and get involved. Iran is smarting internally too because their populace is absolutely sick of the mullahs.

Iran's Police (going door to door): "Are you coming to Salami's funeral?"

Iranian Citizen 1: "Of course, our family is slow to get dressed as we've been mourning for days the despicable and cowardly attack by the Great Satan."

Iran's Police (at door number two): "Are you going to Salami's funeral?"

Iranian Citizen 2: I don't think so, becau---- :blam, blam, blam, blam, blam:

Iran's Police: "Such a shame that family couldn't make it to the funeral..."

On to the next door....
    Havok, Frodebro and airslot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Remember Bagdad Bob?
    OD*, msgt/ret, airslot and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skolnick View Post
    Remember Bagdad Bob?
    This guy?
    Attached Images  
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by xXxHeavy View Post
    I'm still sayin' shut down the power grid / cut off the power for awhile....they'll be eating each other in 2 days.
    Or send them pork chops, ham, and bacon. Can't be inhumane ya know.
    airslot, Frodebro, Havok and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by druryj View Post
    Very well may have. Ask him if he was in the MEU that went to the Indian Ocean and Diego Garcia in late 79 then floated around for some six long months. If he was, find out what ship, if he remembers, and then let me know please? You could also PM me his name and give him mine. (Not hard to figure out).
    Joel
    (DRURYJ)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    His name .......LCpl James Butler, 2nd ANGLICO, 2nd Battalion C company C L NC ... 78-82... He was living in the French Creek area of Camp Lejuune...All that Water Contamination.....
    Last edited by CLASS3NH; January 9th, 2020 at 08:55 AM.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Trump played this as well as can be expected. There was no clean way of doing this.
    I do believe we need to pull out. But we need to do it in a way where Iran can not take the credit for us leaving saying we lobbed rockets at them and told them to leave and now the western dogs have run away like cowards. Will just embolden them. Not sure how we get out, but get out we must. 18 years and trillions of dollars and an unacceptable body count.
    Perhaps maybe not getting out of the whole ME. Pull out of Iraq, let them fish or cut bait withe Iran. Pull our forces back to where our real interests lie. Israel. Jordan, Kuwait,
    We will still be close enough to react to threats, boost our allies in the region. Then crush Iran with sanctions till they topple and help the Iranian citizens who want a secular country to revolt.
    Then get the hell out for good

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Personally, I prefer a war hawk. I think he should have done what many here suggested. Hit them hard and fast.

Sanctions might eventually work but it doesn't send a message. They were under sanctions for years, it didn't stop them.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    Personally, I prefer a war hawk. I think he should have done what many here suggested. Hit them hard and fast.

Sanctions might eventually work but it doesn't send a message. They were under sanctions for years, it didn't stop them.

Just my opinion.
    So will you or your children be going over there to fight that war? How about paying for it? If you want a war hawk then I hope you voted for Hillary, because she is the perfect example of one. There is absolutely no logical reason for us to put boots on the ground in Iran. Also, the sanctions ARE working, and they are getting the message. There is no “might” or “eventually” about it. I think killing Soleimani, as well as other actions over the past 3 years have sent a pretty clear message as well.
    Rockymonster likes this.

Distinguished Member Array druryj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    His name .......LCpl James Butler, 2nd ANGLICO, 2nd Battalion C company C L NC ... 78-82... He was living in the French Creek area of Camp Lejuune...All that Water Contamination.....
    Well, we were both at CL around the same time and yeah, I get letters still about the water there. Seems the dry cleaners was dumping hazardous waste in the bay. I spent a lot of time training in that water too. No wonder our wetsuits seemed to stay clean...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CLASS3NH and airslot like this.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    So will you or your children be going over there to fight that war? How about paying for it? If you want a war hawk then I hope you voted for Hillary, because she is the perfect example of one. There is absolutely no logical reason for us to put boots on the ground in Iran. Also, the sanctions ARE working, and they are getting the message. There is no “might” or “eventually” about it. I think killing Soleimani, as well as other actions over the past 3 years have sent a pretty clear message as well.
    Who said anything about boots on the ground? I never said I support a full scale war. Maybe I shouldn't have said war hawk but it was your term. We were talking about a response to the missile attack. Lots of options with zero risk to US lives, several of which have been discussed here.

There have been sanctions on Iran for 30 years. Have they stopped Iran from sponsoring terrorism or attacks through other countries? No

We see eye to eye on most things but we'll probably just have to agree to disagree on sanctions.
    Havok likes this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links