N.J. cop shoots himself after car wreck - Page 2

N.J. cop shoots himself after car wreck

This is a discussion on N.J. cop shoots himself after car wreck within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by xXxHeavy Yup.....it's pretty depressing in this friggin' state...……"Don't Come Here, there's nothin here for ya". xXxHeavy, not sure if you ever explained ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: N.J. cop shoots himself after car wreck

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxHeavy View Post
    Yup.....it's pretty depressing in this friggin' state...……"Don't Come Here, there's nothin here for ya".
    xXxHeavy, not sure if you ever explained to us why you still live in NJ.
    It must be a heck of a reason as much as you seem to hate it there.
    I have been to southern part of your state decades ago and it was pretty and the people were nice to me.
    I am not sure I could ever live somewhere if everyday I woke up and wondered why I was still there.
    Life gets shorter the older I get, harder and harder to put up with crap.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Most everyone I know wonders why they're still here.....ya make the Money in NJ, NYC and then retire south, everyone knows that. In my case, my three boys are married with good jobs and nice homes and a grandchild so it's not that easy to just pick up and move away, but the wife is startin' to consider goin' south.....so maybe…..

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    I have a close family member who was extremely depressed for almost 3 years. He did get counseling and medication, but was barely able to function. However, in public he could and did "put on a good face" (his words) so no one other than a very few people in the family knew his condition. People can seem to be perfectly fine when they are not.
    Im well aware of this. Ive had 2 friends commit suicide. Ive responded to suicide calls at work. As much as it saddens me to say that I dont understand suicide and probably never will, its not something that is foreign to me. My point is, there is a difference between addressing the real issue, and falsely labeling something as the issue to draw attention to it. So lets say all the crime issues that you bring up(which I do think is a valid concern), are fixed. Then people pat themselves on the back, and another officer commits suicide because the actual issues went unaddressed. The reality would be that we did absolutely nothing to help that officer.
    gatorbait51 and maxwell97 like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Ya just don't know...… there's so much corruption in this state what or if he was mixed up in something, may never know.
    Sister and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    Suicide is the selfish way to go, no question he was ill IMO .
    H/D
    Yes it can be said that it’s selfish no doubt, to those around them. I’ve sadly known folks that have ended up doing this and the people I knew were far from selfish, but the one word I can say to describe them is HOPELESS. In their own way quite possibly they think they are doing their family a favor. Messed up thinking big time and I wonder how these folks got to this place in their minds.

very sad, nobody should be hopeless.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF

Knew a fella at work years back....one day he said to me, "I've had it"....next thing I heard he shot himself. Guess he had enough...
    Sister and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Most everyone I know wonders why they're still here.....ya make the Money in NJ, NYC and then retire south, everyone knows that. In my case, my three boys are married with good jobs and nice homes and a grandchild so it's not that easy to just pick up and move away, but the wife is startin' to consider goin' south.....so maybe…..
    Well when the wife makes you move, come on down to Texas.
    Wouldn't mind having you as a neighbor.
    Bring the kids and the grand kids. We got great jobs down here.
    Havok and gatorbait51 like this.

Thank you, Sir...……….
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    From the article:

How about changing THINGS so the police are allowed to do their duty, follow the laws and not be forced to close their eyes when "certain groups" of criminals do terrible things? That would go a long, long, way to reducing LEO suicides on New Jersey. My opinion, of course.
    Or just stop following all orders whether they are constitutional or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I wonder if he was trying to kill himself in an accident and the firearm was a back up. Strange story. Very sad for his family.
    Sounds like the logical conclusion.
    msgt/ret and Havok like this.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    For some, suicide is a completely rational decision. Not all who commit suicide are ill.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo View Post
    For some, suicide is a completely rational decision. Not all who commit suicide are ill.
    Louis Awerbuck comes to mind. Physically beyond relief, definitely not mentally ill. Given the circumstances, he made the warrior's choice.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I believe the solution is found at the heart of Christianity. Few ever find it and few are able to stay there and help others. Religion that man has created is not the answer. Maybe a band aid.
    Sister and Marc_Brooks like this.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

Yup.....it's pretty depressing in this friggin' state...……"Don't Come Here, there's nothin here for ya".
    It's a deathtrap. It's a suicide rap. We gotta get out while we're young.
    Nmuskier likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Staying on topic of suicide, In reading a lot of medical and pain articles I’ve learned that the opioid crisis has hit where it doesn’t belong, with chronic pain patients. Even those with terminal cancer are having a difficult time just because people are illegally using some kind of pills or something that they get from China?

The fallout is that some of these folks that are in pain so bad for so long do commit suicide, this has been going at higher rates due to this problem. I could not imagine being in horrible pain 24/7 without any let up, folks can’t sleep like that much less live. Honestly it’s cruel and it is causing people to commit suicide.

At what point did a drug addict using street drugs or something cooked up in China did the decision be made to take chronically ill people off medication? Fat people die from eating to much sugar, do you denigh the rest of the world from a Krispy Kream?
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links