N.J. cop shoots himself after car wreck

This is a discussion on N.J. cop shoots himself after car wreck within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What a strange story! Off duty cop gets in a wreck, while the first responders are trying to free him he shoots himself in the ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: N.J. cop shoots himself after car wreck

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar

What a strange story!
    Off duty cop gets in a wreck, while the first responders are trying to free him he shoots himself in the head.
    I wonder what the back story will wind up being?
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/veteran-n...-wreck-reports
    gatorbait51 and GpTom like this.

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    In Corrupt New Jerzy...ÖÖ..anything is possible....omo.
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

Who was it that said, " I wasn't planning on going for a run today.....then the Game Wardens came out of nowhere".

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Had a 15 month old baby at home.
    I was wondering if he was stinking drunk and did not want to go through the embarrassment.
    But no one else hurt.
    Or did he think his injuries would have handicapped him for life?
    All speculation. Very sad story. Sorry for his family.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I wonder if he was trying to kill himself in an accident and the firearm was a back up. Strange story. Very sad for his family.
    We get the government we deserve.

The worst part is the baby that will never know daddy! Prayers for the surviving family members.
    hogdaddy, airslot and gatorbait51 like this.
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I wonder if he was trying to kill himself in an accident and the firearm was a back up. Strange story. Very sad for his family.
    Thats the general consensus online.. So sad that a young man with a little baby at home could get to this point as his only recourse.. From all I have read he was a nice guy, caring and compassionate, and well loved by his fellow officers.. I just don't get it... bob
    Havok, msgt/ret, hogdaddy and 2 others like this.

VIP Member
    From the article:
    New Jersey saw 17 police suicides last year and 37 since 2016, NJ.com reported. This has prompted the Attorney Generalís Office to launch a program requiring every officer in the state to take a two-day training course on mental health by the end of 2022.
    How about changing THINGS so the police are allowed to do their duty, follow the laws and not be forced to close their eyes when "certain groups" of criminals do terrible things? That would go a long, long, way to reducing LEO suicides on New Jersey. My opinion, of course.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    From the article:

How about changing THINGS so the police are allowed to do their duty, follow the laws and not be forced to close their eyes when "certain groups" of criminals do terrible things? That would go a long, long, way to reducing LEO suicides on New Jersey. My opinion, of course.
    Iím interested to know how you think that leads to officers committing suicide, and leaving their kids to grow up with no father. As far as Iím concerned, if that were the case, there are some serious underlying mental issues that are the real reason for the suicide, and that is what would need to be addressed in order to work towards fixing the suicide problems.

So sad whenever anyone seeks suicide as a remedy for life's ups and downs.
    The most important thing I've learned in my 63+ years is "This too will pass" much too quickly for the ups and grindingly slow for the downs. But it does pass.
    Prayers to his family.

Suicide is the selfish way to go, no question he was ill IMO .
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

VIP Member
    Iím interested to know how you think that leads to officers committing suicide, and leaving their kids to grow up with no father. As far as Iím concerned, if that were the case, there are some serious underlying mental issues that are the real reason for the suicide, and that is what would need to be addressed in order to work towards fixing the suicide problems.
    Certainly not everyone who becomes a policeman does so to serve their community by enforcing the laws and "helping people" but a goodly percentage do. When those people are not allowed to do the job as they understood it, and department morale goes down and down, faster and faster, some of them get extremely depressed. Police persons who voluntarily seek counseling help for depression are taking a chance of losing their jobs. People who are extremely depressed are more likely to commit suicide. It is a very bad situation all the way around.

AND I did say that what I wrote was my opinion. I think you were asking me how and why I formed that opinion. I hope the above clarifies why I feel the way I do.
    Last edited by ShooterGranny; January 22nd, 2020 at 01:20 PM.

==================

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    A two day class in mental health. Typical liberal stupidity. How about valuing your police, and your citizens? It might go a long way to redeeming that place. But then the Republicans might take office and straighten things out. Can't have that.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Certainly not everyone who becomes a policeman does so to serve their community by enforcing the laws and "helping people" but a goodly percentage do. When those people are not allowed to do the job as they understood it, and department morale does down and down, faster and faster, some of them get extremely depressed. Police persons who voluntarily seek counseling help for depression are taking a chance of losing their jobs. People who are extremely depressed are more likely to commit suicide. It is a very bad situation all the way around.

AND I did say that what I wrote was my opinion. I think you were asking me how and why I formed that opinion. I hope the above clarifies why I feel the way I do.
    I just find it hard to believe that someone could be perfectly fine mentally, then all of a sudden an election comes up and the results of that election drive someone to commit suicide.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I just find it hard to believe that someone could be perfectly fine mentally, then all of a sudden an election comes up and the results of that election drive someone to commit suicide.
    I have a close family member who was extremely depressed for almost 3 years. He did get counseling and medication, but was barely able to function. However, in public he could and did "put on a good face" (his words) so no one other than a very few people in the family knew his condition. People can seem to be perfectly fine when they are not.

==================

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    Yup.....it's pretty depressing in this friggin' state...ÖÖ"Don't Come Here, there's nothin here for ya".
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

Who was it that said, " I wasn't planning on going for a run today.....then the Game Wardens came out of nowhere".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links