College linebacker body slams Ohio cop - Page 2

College linebacker body slams Ohio cop

This is a discussion on College linebacker body slams Ohio cop within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by RedSafety I'm not one to bash the police, but I see an assault by police in this video. Harris is trying to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: College linebacker body slams Ohio cop

Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    I'm not one to bash the police, but I see an assault by police in this video. Harris is trying to return to his vehicle and is being assaulted for trying to evade what appears to be police harassment. I'd like to hear the audio of that interaction. Harris is trying to back away, with his hands up and backing away in a submissive action, and the officer gets very physical with him.
    What happened to Follow Commands ??? If you were ever a Cop.....there's NO WAY this kid is getting back into the car !!!!!
    OldChap, msgt/ret, Gunnie and 3 others like this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    NOT GIVING UP MY FREEDOMS

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'd hardly call that a "body slam," or at least it's a weak one. As for that officer's associate--I'd ask for a replacement. A 5-foot midget afraid to get in there and mix it up to help a fellow officer. Hopefully she was a trainee on day one. Clueless to what she needed to do. She should have given the suspect a sharp kick to the back/side of the left knee when he yanked her pal off his feet.
    Exactly. This was a body slam.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/29/us/ch...deo/index.html
    OldChap, Osprey, OldVet and 2 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCC73 View Post
    What happened to Follow Commands ??? If you were ever a Cop.....there's NO WAY this kid is getting back into the car !!!!!
    I see an assault associated with those commands. What I see is someone NOT being listened to and being verbally, then physically abused. If the audio and the video previous to this confirms that, this is an assault by a police officer. Without the audio, the video I see is damning to the officers. Much like the woman who was tazed even though she was complying with commands. What I see is self-defense against an abusive officer.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BCC73 View Post
    I follow commands by LE if they are lawful. I do not follow commands like "give me your ID" when they are not lawful. Just saying. I would like to hear the audio.

Distinguished Member Array GraySkies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    I see an assault associated with those commands. What I see is someone NOT being listened to and being verbally, then physically abused. If the audio and the video previous to this confirms that, this is an assault by a police officer. Without the audio, the video I see is damning to the officers. Much like the woman who was tazed even though she was complying with commands. What I see is self-defense against an abusive officer.
    I watched the same video. Again, it is without context when there is no audio, but I see someone being stopped and questioned, and using his physical size to attempt to intimidate the officers doing the questioning. Didn't you see him REPEATEDLY aggressively close distance with the officer, in response to which the officer uses his hand to create space? As soon as that move took place, twice, this kid lost ANY ability to claim that officers unnecessarily instigated physical conflict. He was clearly spoiling for the fight, based on what I see. You might want to watch that again, without being distracted by the silly "hands up" move...
    The antis just don't understand the depth of love & bonding that comes with guns - redbirddog5

2nd AMENDMENT: The gateway drug to freedom addiction.

Perfect example of why body cameras are a failure or video in general. You have two very distinct things that occur one officers loose support do to lack of context as a result of partial video or audio, lack of either one, or poor quality. We see this when there arms cover part of the video in shootings or all the video. Or in fights when all you see is something blocking as a result of grappling or the officer taking cover or the officer being on the ground.

The other not shown in this instance is the “unfair bias” it provides to a jury in convictions against criminals. Which is why many are now saying they are a unfair tool. Also not to mention the number of officers exonerated from claims of abuse and other misgivings as a result of people making claims later determined as unfounded.
    OD* likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GraySkies View Post
    I watched the same video. Again, it is without context when there is no audio, but I see someone being stopped and questioned, and using his physical size to attempt to intimidate the officers doing the questioning. Didn't you see him REPEATEDLY aggressively close distance with the officer, in response to which the officer uses his hand to create space? As soon as that move took place, twice, this kid lost ANY ability to claim that officers unnecessarily instigated physical conflict. He was clearly spoiling for the fight, based on what I see. You might want to watch that again, without being distracted by the silly "hands up" move...
    Correct! I didn't need audio to determine: Failure to comlpy with verbal commands; AND (the start of) assualt of a peace officer. (AND hendering an officer in the performance of his duties.)
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Appears he is 100% NFL material they should sign him up right now. next we will hear him saying I dident do nutn, then latter they cause it , then I am sorry all forgiven. Charges drop , reduced to save his future. Officers will be retrained.
    msgt/ret and hogdaddy like this.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

VIP Member
    The still image makes the "body slam" look much more dramatic than it actually was. The average guy off the street could have put the officer in the air with the amount of leverage the linebacker had.

But yeah, the partner looked completely useless.
    Osprey, hogdaddy and Rockymonster like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Appears he is 100% NFL material they should sign him up right now. next we will hear him saying I dident do nutn, then latter they cause it , then I am sorry all forgiven. Charges drop , reduced to save his future. Officers will be retrained.
    Not enough for the NFL. He still has to beat his wife/girlfriend first before he can be considered for the draft
    MMinSC, msgt/ret and hogdaddy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Not enough for the NFL. He still has to beat his wife/girlfriend first before he can be considered for the draft
    Don't forget the animal abuse
    msgt/ret and Pete63 like this.

Typical ghetto behavior.
    msgt/ret and Smitty901 like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

There is a point in the video where his hands are very close together, they look like he's covering his head. Why didn't the genius partner slap cuffs on him when she had the chance?
    Retired USAF
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

More and more it seems Fox News is using inaccurate, sensationalistic headlines.
    ...You will understand everything immediately, when you yourself – "hands behind the back" – toddle into our Archipelago. ---Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    More and more it seems Fox News is using inaccurate, sensationalistic headlines.
    I Call BS, The video I watched was a dude that did NOT comply with a LAWFAL ORDER..
    YMMV ; ) PS Has nothing to do with Fox News
    H/D
    msgt/ret, OD* and Pete63 like this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links